Saturday Sit Up and Take Notice

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Saturday Sit Up and Take Notice

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24 pm

Lucylee, I watched some of the funeral too.

I've read The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society and just loved it. It's written as letters sent, but definitely tells a story. When I finished it I thought that this was the type of book I'd like to keep and read over and over. I don't know why I thought that, but I did. I didn't know it was made into a movie. That odd name for the book makes sense once you read it!

While I'm talking about books, the last book I read was Victoria by Daisy Goodwin. In her epilogue she tells that she wrote the book the same time she was writing the pbs series I know many of you watched. It was very good and didn't go as far into her life as the pbs series did. Evidently Victoria left many journals behind and Goodwin read them at Cambridge College, so there has to be a lot of truth in what she wrote, though it is classified fiction and not biography.

Thank you for suggestions. I didn't think about looking at GW for books. They have lots there. I've never done any online book reading and don't have anything for that except maybe the computer...we do have another library in town but it's a smaller one and not so accessible, but I might check it. There's another one in the next town also...they are in the process of beginning to build a bigger one down there. I don't get into that town very much.

Today I made a big pot of chilli. Put a container in the freezer and have enough for sev. days. Yumm!

My project for today was the one guest bathroom. I decluttered the vanity (4 drawers and the underneath the sink cabinet) and the medicine chest. Found lots to organize and a small rubbish can full to toss. I have to keep my stuff pretty neat there because this is used as the guest room too.

Folded 1 LOL. I guess that's all I've done here. Right now we're waiting for rain to come.

Harriet, I was thinking about your fruit, just somehow missed saying anything. If you cut slices of any fruit and cut with cookie cutter and put on skewer on a big chunk of something, you'd have something like that company sells and delivers. A watermelon or cantaloupe can be made into a basket and heaped with fruit. Do you even have those fruits for sale up there now? Sounds like a lot of work to me. I once made a baby buggy filled with fruit for a baby shower...

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 pm

DS9 and DD day together didn't happen so we took DS9 to the farm show in the big city. It rained hard on the hour drive there and I was almost wishing we hadn't gone, but we made it safely without a mishap. DS9 was absolutely thrilled with being able to climb up into all the farm equipment. I was thankful it was indoors.

I took Sam (dog) with us today. Since we are in decision time I wanted to push Sam and see how he would react to so many new experiences. He couldn't have been any better. This did NOT help me with the decision. I guess I am trying to find a reason to not keep Sam. I need for him to show me that he does not fit into my life. Instead, he is showing me how well he does fit. He has until Monday noon to prove it. I plan on taking Sam with me to church tomorrow. I wonder how he will do teaching Children Church with me?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:03 pm

I do not believe you should have so many dogs, LadyM but I'm rooting for Sam.

The fridge is full of leftovers.

Dishes are all washed up. Silver is dried and put away, the rest will air dry and I'll put it away tomorrow.

The washer is almost done (linen table cloth needs to be washed immediately, along with the bibs.) I may watch a tv episode and iron tomorrow. I have two table cloths to iron. Last week we looked at getting a new, larger, ironing board while I was buying a board for the refugees but it wouldn't hang on my door holder so I passed. Now I will regret that.

Vacuumed with the electric broom, will do better in the morning. Spot Shot is required due to blackberries. I'm not sure what I was thinking serving fruit as a dessert with a toddler in the mix. On the other hand, I don't know what his parents were thinking, not putting the 'covers everything and is plastic' bib on him instead of the backup cloth bib which is in the washer trying to be unstained.

Turkey carcass is in the crock pot turning into stock.

Easter Dinner (observed) is now completed.

I'm off to bed as soon as I hang up the table cloth to dry.

I'm exhausted.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Well, LO and behold, I actually DID sit up and take notice!
S/S our bath and the other bath that ever gets any use, plus dh’s shower.
Ate supper.
Too much supper.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

I have the last load of laundry in the dryer, and spiffed up the kitchen, rebooted up the dishwasher.

Return to “Post When You Can”