keep it simple Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

keep it simple Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:45 am

As a girl my dad constantly reminded me to keep it simple because my creative ADD brain always made things too complex to attain anything. He could see I had tons of heart but no direction with lots of ideas/dreams and no steps to get where I wanted to go. My mind was always running with joy of the possibilities without any idea how to simplify and get there.

Have you ever been there?

I have - perfectionism, over-goaling without any idea of baby steps (learning), procrastination because of all or nothing thinking. My dad would see those creative wheels spinning in my head and would say "keep it simple". break it down.

This week how can you keep your week simple and not over goal. Life is busy and there are so many things we can't control. What can you do to simplify your week or let go of so that you can have peace in your heart.

have a wonderful sunday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: keep it simple Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:07 am

Simple is good.

I'm actually skipping all church today. I spent about 6 hours preparing for this Sunday so it isn't as if I haven't reflected on the Word. But to go to my village church would have required me to be up early. Instead, I slept in until after 7:30 and lay in bed until 8:20.

The soup stock is now strained and cooling on the balcony. The crock pot and one other pot are clean but the colander is still dripping into another pot. Once the contents have cooled, I separate the turkey bits from the bone/skin/veg and save that for the soup.

Today and tomorrow are leftovers. My lunch today is leftovers from Friday so I have a lot of leftovers in my future! I'm looking forward to using the ham leftovers in an omelet but that will have to be tomorrow.

I've unloaded the dishwasher and all the fancy dishes are on the dining table waiting to be packed away. I might watch a movie or tv show while I do that.

Last night dgs loved being on the balcony because there are so many cars out there. So when I do set up the balcony we'll have to think hard about safety vs. entertainment value for him. I'm thinking we'll make him sit in the high chair out there so he can see over the concrete sides. Alternatively, he can stand on the deck box (which is 2'+ away from any edge of the balcony.) And I'll get dsil to cut me three sticks for the balcony doors so he can't go out on his own. I'll mount some stoppers up high and lay the stick on those, so he can't reach the stick to take it out. This year he's not mobile enough but next year he will be but we need to start getting into good habits now.

At some point today I will spend an hour on my Bullet Journal. May is insanely busy (I've ran out of room in the future log section to add items) so I'll set up next week's spread, the May spread, and the week following next (when May starts.) I need to think of a colour for the month. March was green, this month has been pink. Maybe sparkling violet for May. I have a whole box of fancy markers I haven't opened yet, so I'll look for a violet sparkle pen in there. I have purple sparkle, but it's awfully dark.

OK, time to finish my tea and chocolate.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

wishing you a wonderful day d kathyrn - You needed that time today - so happy you were able to sleep in! Your d grandson is so cute! I love to hear about him!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMAHcoFiOI FL KAT SUNDAY.
diane in denmark is off for awhile.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:56 am

I like the Keep it simple reminder. Thank you Blessedw2!

I have been thinking hard about the decision to keep Sam....or not. If Sam stays my intent is for him to become my almost constant companion. There will be times he won't stay by my side but my expectation is he will be beside me 90% of the time. I keep asking myself WHY WOULD i WANT TO DO THIS TO MYSELF? The only thing that I can come up with is that having Sam with me makes me slow down. Petting Sam calms me.

However, it also means instead of 2 kids to get ready for church this morning, I have 2 kids plus Sam. So the hard facts are that if I keep Sam then I am also increasing my daily responsibilities and to-do.

So...A question for my In my Monday noon deadline .....is being calmer worth the additional responsibilities?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 am

Praying for wisdom in your decision dLadyM.

I need to keep everything simple today. DD and I went to the Solar Bears game last night. It went into to overtime AGAIN. OSB finally scored the sudden death goal with 2.49 left in the 1st overtime. Meant they swept the series of the first round of playoffs. Next we play the #1 team and they rarely lose. But this is the first time this team has made it past the first round in the cup series. See Lightning won also yesterday, making it them vs. the Boston Bruins or Toronto. It was after midnight by the time we got home.

We made the decision last night that we weren't going to church this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night with some regurgitation which woke me instantly. Got up and took a T ums -never have to do that. Wide awake then after it being past 1 by the time we got to bed. Read for a while and woke up again at 7:30. Got up, took my T med, went back to bed and slept till 9:30.

DD has to go play referee at her MIL's today. It's crazy over there. Dsonil called her last night to tell her his dsis had called in tears again. He CAN'T come home for sure. His Mom is being absolutely belligerent to her dd and dgd. His dsis goes for chemo tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:28 am

Good morning! I slept in until 8:30 - very nice! I managed to walk the ddog before the rain here got too heavy. Dh has gone to grocery store - dkids specifically asked for waffles for supper here tonight. When they were kids we used to do the "breakfast for supper" thing regularly. I think I actually stopped doing it because for some reason, one always wanted waffles and the other wanted pancakes and it was a hassle listening to them. We do omelets fairly often - when they were growing up it was always a shot of protein with some fruit on the side.

I'm trying to decide what to do with today. I have genealogy I should work on, and I need to write a few more thank you notes. Supper won't take long tonight so that's a good thing. It's going to rain most of the day so it seems a good day to get some things done here at home.

Or maybe I'll just lollygag about. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 am

Journaling done as is breakfast, animals are fed, trying to be quiet until h gets up in a few min. Sunny and great weather out this morning. Waving to all hope you have a great day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

Morning y’all...

My Sunday is slow and easy as I work through my morning.

Vinager drink done. I haven’t had any problems since using this to start my mornings and watching what I eat and drink.
Breakfast made for Sweetie and me. We are now making super green shakes like Harriet does.
Bed stripped, washed and remade.
Kitchen needs some reorganization since I’ve added a water filtration system that sits on my counter.
My sunflowers need to be watered and feed
Need to dust around the edges around here
Joining Kathryn as I organize my week.
Long usual Sunday phone call to my mom in my future. I don’t mind cause I talk to her while on my Gazelle
Relearning to drink my coffee black.
Slowly changing my eating habits.

Yesterday I did a MDA walk with my friend and her family and got in more than 12K steps. Dinner is ready for tonight so I don’t have to worry about it.

Time to start my day and enjoy some outside time before it gets too hot. Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi! Another beautiful sunny day here with no wind. Therefore I am tending to the fire barrel and feeding it the large pile of flyers and newspapers that tends to build up over the winter.

Dh bought an electric planer last night. Ever since he assembled the base and plugged it in, it has been going, going, going. We found a huge skid that is twice the size of normal skids and it was completely clean. It was solid birch. Now he is making me a Muskoka chair. I think they are referred to as Adirondack chairs south of the border.

We are having ribs for supper.

This morning we got to Costco just after they opened at 10 and we were back at home having brunch before 11. Dh needed peanut butter.

It's official... the patio furniture is out!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”