You Got This - Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

You Got This - Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am

I've been eyeing a bracelet that came up one day online "You Got This" considering it to be a karmic indication that I need to get on with my certification portfolio.

What is it in your life that you've "got" control over today? Whether it's something you need to do or babysitting the little ones or getting the house spiffed up, You've got it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: You Got This - Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:55 am

I'm glad I feel confident today because it's a busy day. I let dd talk me into a pedicure this morning, warning her that I have to be back home at noon for the online discussion. And today's the last day of my trips to K-town and it may be raining both ways. I'm wishing I had time to go early to research but I'll have to do a separate trip for that.

Right now:
-s2s
-breakfast and meds
-walk the ddog
-list for the day
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 am

Right now I feel like I've got nothing. Or I've got trouble. No sense of competence or confidence at all, just that ache in the pit of my stomach.

I'm on top of the luncheon tomorrow. Just have to make reservations but sent out a reminder last night and am getting a few additions so I'll wait until later to make that reservation.

I was trying to be on top of the refugee banking. I don't usually pay out until the 26th but since I need to pay out over 2 days, I phoned the help line to find a better solution. There was one that was easier and lower fees. Woot! Went to implement it and hit a call-in splash screen. Called in and our account is set up incorrectly for this. Sigh... I will walk over to the branch to see if I can remedy this.

It is another lovely day so I'd like a long walk again today. The bank is too close to count as a long walk (it is across the street from the pub) so I'll have to just wander around. Maybe walk up to a far away grocery store to get some loss leaders and then back to the bank (or vice-versa.)

I'll feel like "I've got this" once I've made a huge dent in the tax returns. At this point my day should include:

1. henna hair
2. Strip and remake bed
3. vacuum
4. Mop kitchen floor
5. Hour-long walk
6. banking (done during the above)
7. listen to preaching podcasts (done during #2, 4, 5)
8. taxes (at least all the easy stuff)
9. make restaurant reservation

I've still not s2s nor had my breakfast.

Lunch is an omelet with salad. Dinner is something with turkey leftovers.

Dh is on conference calls all day, now, 10, 1 and 8 p.m. so I need to work around that as far as the vacuuming goes. On the plus side, I can walk when I want to and not have to wait for him to join me.

*Poof*

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

I was just thinking the same - you got this! thank you d twins for starting us! I am so happy you are feeling confident today even with this busy day! You are helping me feel confident as well! great opening.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 am

hi d kathryn hope you have a great day - a positive you've got this type of day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:30 am

I woke with a headache but not a bad one... keeping fingers crossed it stays away. I am starting late - it is already 9:25 am wowzers! ;)

todays hope:

routines - starting with morning routine :D

BWP: weekly kitchen and laundry room :D

HOME BLESSING: surface dusting around house :D

zones house: which every you choose - for me 15 minutes a day

]ours here under cleaning focus: laundry room :D

FL: bedrooms/ another room 3 season room 15 minutes a day :D

-------------------------------------------------------------
garden zone this week: inside fence part of yard 15 minutes :arrow:

project: living room continued. I have to have help moving the piano

project garden: with dd younger (during week) 15 minutes x 2 people = 30 minutes - keeping fingers crossed 8-) and sunhat on (I don't have one but it sounds very martha stewart-y , - weed veggie garden, she rototill's, add things to soil after testing, plant peas, lettuce x

Have a wonderful day everyone! think spring on this side of the world and think autumn on the other side of the world
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am

Just about to rinse out my hair.

Clean sheets on, bedroom tidied, last week's sheets are in the washer, plants watered, clocks wound and adjusted.

The first podcast is 3/4 listened to. Interestingly "You've got this" was a line in it that jumped out at me while I was making the bed!

I'm having a couple of sips of diet Dr. Pepper before beginning the long wash out process. My clothes are laid out so once I'm done in the bathroom, I'll quickly be dressed and ready to take on the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 am

yay d kathryn!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 am

Twins' I meant to tell you I'm delighted you have found ways to use your recent education in genealogy, and historical writing.

Lynlee, it sounds like you had a thought-provoking few days. Although there was a tragedy, thank goodness the rescue you witnessed gave help to others. The Thai market shopping seems like a place you can look forward to again.

It is a rainy day here. I feel certain I'll stay home at least most of the day, and have put on my most around-the-house clothes for it! ;)

I was glad I had typed out some of my upcoming-week thoughts here last evening. That kept me from missing one I'd neglected to put elsewhere.

My "You Got This" hope
The reading and thinking for my upcoming teaching moment on the 1st has yielded a theme from the current study book that will carry over into my "we'd better hear this" points. I feel I need to consider every opportunity to teach as potentially my last one before another rough patch at church. The spilling-over of bewilderment and confusion, into the study group, is very real. That's only natural since so many are members and the space we use is the church's. Some tough moments for the group recently. Whatever clarity I can bring, I'd should bring quickly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:23 am

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote: My clothes are laid out so once I'm done in the bathroom, I'll quickly be dressed and ready to take on the day.

Kathryn I was very happy to read this. Especially since you said yesterday: "DH and I walked 4 miles. And I was wearing just a t-shirt for most of that." :lol:

I was beginning to think maybe we needed to take up a collection for you.

Ok, I do have the You Got This feeling. Thanks Twins for this opening. So much progress in the house. It was by no means cluttered like a show on TV but except for the garage, mostly in the drawers and cupboards. I've found it is hard to do constant pupa if there's not dedicated spots to put my things.

Today will be some work in the pink guest bedroom. Put the clean sheets on, look into the end table drawers and closet and I have some stuffed animals in there to decide. I've reached one decision hard to make. Had saved them for the Grandkids but they outgrew them... Maybe I'll just keep one. Several I wanted to give to DGD but they are facing a move and don't need more stuff and the 4 I kept were just decorations on the bed because colors matched. Funny, I decluttered whole house and now I'm stuck on this. Weird.

Big desktop purge. Glad to have that done. BDay card to the mail, a couple days late.

Ok off I go.

Return to “Post When You Can”