You Got This - Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: You Got This - Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 am

waving hi to you d harmony
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:29 am

Good morning everyone! I got a number of errands done this weekend, including tracking down ingredients for a gluten free french bread. I could not find the french loaf pan, so I hope it can be done in a regular pan. The real one has holes in it like a vegetable steamer.

Today's payroll essential is the meeting homework. I also need to make a few DPCs and send an email. Tonight's essentials are: wash bedding, cook, Bible study.

Friday's women's event went fine. There were still sandwiches left when I got there. Sunday, DD16 did a service project with the youth group - they fixed up an adopter's yard for a dog that uses a wheelchair. DD said he doesn't use the chair in the yard, but flops to get around. These adopters have four special needs dogs. I was drafted to help out serving their dinner, which I had not planned, but was ok with. DD was unhappy, because she could not eat the cookies. Although she could eat the hot dogs (she never eats them in buns), she ate her cheerios instead. Next week, there will be absolutely nothing she cannot eat - I am providing that dinner. She told the youth director about the celiac, so things will go smoother. She does not like the gluten free communion bread as well as the usual, so I told her if we find something delicious, we will give some to the church.

My followup appointment for the cyst is tomorrow. It is either still swollen from the procedure or has filled up again. It hurts, but not as badly as with the drain. I expect to be sent to the surgeon. My foot surgery cost me $1000 out of pocket, and I cannot really afford that. But I'm pretty miserable right now.

LadyMaverick: If you decide not to keep Sam, is there a rescue org you can foster him for? Greyhound Rescue is the obvious choice. My org works with people who have found pets they cannot keep.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

Harmony wrote:
Kathryn I was very happy to read this. Especially since you said yesterday: "DH and I walked 4 miles. And I was wearing just a t-shirt for most of that." :lol:

I was beginning to think maybe we needed to take up a collection for you.

:lol:

Very drole!

I'm sitting here in my clothes now. Hair is still wet though. I wanted to finish my snack first.

In the moving onto to my next to-do, I've gone so far as to open the tax software package on my computer. Babysteps!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Hair is dry and styled. I'm up to 12 for lunch tomorrow and have now called in the reservation. I can adjust the numbers upward tomorrow morning if necessary.

Second load of laundry is started, first load is in the dryer.

I'm doing a tidy in preparation of dh getting off the phone so I can vacuum and mop.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Morning y’all...

Well yesterday didn’t turn out as planned but in a good way.

I ironed sheets and pillow cases and remade the bed.
Did two loads of laundry but not folded
I ended up reorganizing my pantry... not something that I planned but it needs it and it looks outstanding.
I worked on my weekly plans but worke with a migraine this morning so I need to rethink my day today.
Talked with my mom off and on solving world problems while putting 2.5 miles on my Gazelle.
Cleaned up my desk area.
Rethought my gym bag and assembled every thing I needed for today as well as laying out my workout clothes. Won’t need that today, but one less thing to worry abt tonight
Shined my kitchen sink and did footprint pick up before I went to bed.

Need to rethink a new weekly schedule since I’m planning to go to the gym in the mornings. Not gonna happen with my fuzzy thinking at the moment.

And I have a hair appointment later this afternoon which Sweetie has agreed to take me if I feel I can’t drive.

Harriet.. you may know abt this already but I have discovered coconut butter. I use it in my morning shake. It’s much like peanut butter but thinner when spread. However it’s a lot more sticker once in your mouth. I love the taste and could eat it off the spoon. I also spread it on my toast which is made from wheat sprouts.

I’m loving my green shakes in the mornings ...I’ve been adding strawberries or bananas to ours or the combination of the two. I’m out of bananas now so tomorrow I’ll uses blueberries.

Gonna lye down for a while and rest my brain. Waving to y’all ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi!

Dh took my car this morning and called before 9 for me to pick it up. He adjusted something on the computer because my car kept insisting that there was low tire pressure. I also dropped off something at the bank and I still got to knitting just after 9. I came home and had brunch with dh. We discussed supper and now he has gone back to work and it's almost time for me to go to the afternoon knitting group.

I had all of the clean laundry put away before bed last night and all of the dishes were done as well. We had a massive ant invasion yesterday morning, so I think I really should stay on top of the kitchen. Dh wants to call the exterminator that did the wasp nest last fall and ask how much the year round coverage is.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Well, I'm certainly late doing PWYC today. Was just plain sleepy. Not a great amount of sleep Saturday OR Sunday night. I was still awake at 3am today and then only slept fitfully. :cry: Dozed for a while this morning. I should have read today's title hours ago -I really needed it!

Did get dinner going in the crockpot around 9:30. Put a roast in with potatoes, onions, carrots, mushroom soup & onion soup mix. More than dd and I need but I could see that this roast needed to be cooked now or thrown away this fall. Was going to do it yesterday but forgot to get it out of the freezer Saturday night.

Maybe I can get busy and be able to say "I've got this!" Off I go. First up is to walk to the street to get the mail. Then I have a long list going and if I only do one thing at a time and at a slower pace, it will still be better than doing nothing all day. "I've got this!!"
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

good afternoon

hi d dee I am glad you slept! have a great I have got this day!

hi d cathy you have had a busy day already! good for you.

hi d rose I am glad yesterday turned into a good day. Great job working at your home too
enjoy your rest

hi d kathryn - your hair looks spiffy

hi d elizabeth yay on getting a number of errands done this weekend. Well done to your dd service work!

hi d harmony have a great day too

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

did my weekly kitchen duty
my morning routine including paperwork is done.

Now for laundry room 15 minute weekly and hoping to do my once a week heavy kitchen duty - wash the trim around doors and to family room and clean the floor trim and chair rails in kitchen.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Vacuuming and mopping are done. First load of laundry is folded, second in the dryer.

Apartment looks pretty good at the moment but I'm about to pull out stashed paperwork, so that won't last!

I'm waiting for the kitchen floor to dry so I can make my lunch. I had to do the cleaning first due to dh's teleconferences. I had 27 minutes to get the vacuuming in the office/kitchen/hall/powder room done. I managed to get that done just as his alarm for the call was going off.

Today's lunch is ham & cheese omelet and salad. I'm looking forward to that.

Return to “Post When You Can”