You Got This - Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: You Got This - Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Twins, I've seen those bracelets you're talking about, I think. Wonder what my "mantra" should be. Certainly NOT "I'll think about it tomorrow," LOL...
That works well for worries. Not so much for productivity. :lol: :oops:
WTG with all you've done today already -- have a safe trip!

(((Kathryn))) WTG with all you've accomplished today -- especially having solution in mind to the refugee money problem! Hope that works out well!

(((Blessed))) -- for your headache -- hope it has disappeared by now!
I'm trying to get myself back on track with the daily/routines/zones, etc. You are always so inspiring to me. WTG on all you've managed today!

Harriet, I am so glad you have this opportunity to teach the Bible study you are doing, and I know the others are being blessed by your wisdom and insights, as well as your calm presence. I see that so often here, so I am sure it is a hundred times more apparent to those "IRL." Whatever happens in the future with your church, you have served it well. (((BIG HUGS))) and prayers that things take a turn for the better soon.
BTW -- have we discussed this before -- I'm sure we have -- but what is the procedure for replacing a minister in your denomination? Is a routine in place like we have in the Methodist church, where every year a committee meets to ask for the preacher back (or not), or is it like the Baptist, where you just keep him till you get sick or him, LOL -- or he gets sick of you? Baptists have more "say" in who they get for a pastor, but it's more awkward when they are unhappy.

Harmony -- WTG! Decluttered the whole house except for one room? You go, girl!

Elizabeth -- (((HUGS))) -- cyst sounds so painful! Hope you get some relief soon.

Oh, (((Rose))) -- for your headache also. WTG on your day yesterday, too!

Goodness... all you healthy eaters. I just cannot imagine myself being able to drink one of those "green shakes." I have a friend who does that all the time -- the J uice P lus evangelist, ;) you know -- and she's all into the tower garden things -- and she swears the chocolate fudge shake (with 51 plants???) is delicious -- but I just can't get past the idea of all the green stuff in it...
OTOH -- since Saturday I have been using a little bit more common sense with my eating. I realized I was having a real problem with low blood sugar in the evening/after super hours, and sometimes after midnight -- of course, while we were still awake -- which led to midnight snacking -- SO -- I am trying VERY HARD to THINK before I eat: Will this make me feel better or worse?
I can manage a reasonable dessert after supper... but I cannot manage multiple snacks after that! That just creates an endless cycle of eating till I fall asleep. So -- I'm trying to think before I eat.

Cathy reminds me, talking about the car --
:?: Do any of you have a car that uses the new synthetic oil? (I say new -- new since 2008.)
The new SUV is our first with this oil and I'm a little nervous about it. We have always changed the oil religiously at 3000 miles, but we know the new SUV recommends 5000 miles, and here at 3000, it says it has 65% oil life left -- so not going to change immediately. We also know it's said to be much more expensive with the synthetic oil.

Dee, that roast sounds sooo good...

While typing this, I have spent almost a full hour on the phone with dmom... about absolutely nothing...
And then she says, in the last minute of conversation, "If I can't get a room at the assisted living place, I may just have to go ahead and have this done and let (my daunt) come help me. She said she would..."
Well... she says a lot of things. And I love her soooo sooo much... and she HAS been there for me with dmom when I was in a tight spot. But she is over-booked 90% of the time with her children and grandchildren herself.
Praying about that assisted living place...

WTG, Nancy! You've been busy!

You have ALL been busy today. I still must type those minutes. Should have done that before checking in here probably... :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Did you all see the news anout the newest addition to the rotal family?

Back from a rock drop, grabbed a diet soda on the way back, got a new batch of stones to paint they have a base coat on ready gor the design flowers or what ever.

Thank for the kudos,
Amazing what I could do while hair color processed. It looks great!

Need a meal plan. Burrittos and / or soup.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:33 pm

waving at you too d lucy! hope the assisted living works out for your d mom! an hour on the phone is an accomplishment because you are being there for your d mom!!!

hi d nancy! your hair does look great!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm

did my home blessing: surface dusting upstairs and downstairs for 20 minutes. Each week I am shocked how much dust lays there. It's like a dusty beach in areas!

worked under my bed for a bit but most of the stuff is dh's. I would love to vacuum like the suggest but I did dust underneath it. dd younger has to do hers.

swish and swiped upstairs bathrooms because I didn't do it this morning. I had to take it off my normal morning routine.
still need to swish and swipe powder room
I still have to work in garden for 15 minutes. I don't want to do anymore today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Sheets drying, third load of laundry in the washer...
Minutes typed and emailed to VP...
DGD here -- have to pick up dgs at art class in approx 45 minutes.
Supper will be... something... ;) I'm cooking -- but will confer w/dgs about what he and dgd would like best of their choices.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 pm

rah rah rah d lucy!!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Printing David Seah Time Tracker --
https://davidseah.com/node/the-task-progress-tracker/
I plan to start again, using this to keep up with zone work. His four sets of bubbles for each item on the list will correspond nicely to our four rounds of zone work. I've done this before w/minimal success, but now, I think, I GOT THIS.
No zone work so far today, but Mondays are basically my laundry day, and I try to do weekly and zone task on T-Th. I mean, that's the GOAL.
I seldom hit it... but I'm feeling more confident.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:19 pm

kitchen towels and wash cloths are in the dryer. whites are in the washer.
I don't think i will do gardening today. I think i have to do it first thing in morning instead.

I had also planned to take two containers to basement today. dh wants to take things to donation centre tomorrow.

my tickets came through for Don Quixote ballet - I wasn't sure if it had gone through or not. I can't wait until payday. :shock: 7 days still.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Sitting down for what seems like my first break of the day. I did sit down and eat lunch and dinner so I guess that counts as a break.

Today has been productive but not without its difficult moments. I made the hard decision to not keep Sam. He is an awesome dog but I decided the pros weren't worth the cons. I have a wonderful dog already that is totally devoted to me. I don't need to be adding to my to-do's unnecessarily.

DGS21 came and ate lunch with me and took Sam with him. I hope Sam finds another home soon. A person is taking Sam temporarily while they seek to find him a forever home.

My schedule and to-do's were fully packed today. Everything didn't get done but I made a good effort. I am tired and ready to relax leading up to an early bedtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

TaDa - church Desk Day done through to sending report. It's great to be finished with it and all the files put away. Also got to mailbox with all church bills. Next up is payroll, tricky this month with the last Sunday so close to last of month. One person doesn't want me to mail, which boxes me in to keeping the check when I don't intend it.

HRH says he has been lethargic all day in response to the dark weather.

He is on the phone now, saying there's good news from someone in his family. This I've got to hear. Lately, he's been pretty discouraged with bad news coming from all directions of his kin. Oh, I take it back - one uncle did get a good report on an only-benign tumor last week. All other news has been everything from wrecks to chemo to surgery.

Return to “Post When You Can”