Try Something Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Try Something Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:36 pm

worked upstairs in one of the bedrooms for 25 minutes - 10 more minutes than I was supposed to but I was so close to being done.

I haven't done the bathrooms yet but I still want to do other things.

dh is off with our donations yay! its funny how one giant box of stuff can make me feel lighter 8-)

dryer just went off
put away warm and sweet as d kat says but right now the little kid in me is stomping my foot saying I don't want to listen to it. ;)

did 15 + 8 minutes in master bathroom - even with doing swish and swipe this bathroom is always a heavy duty thing.
wiped mirrors and spots on master bedroom on windows
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Spent the time between breakfast and dh's business meeting tidying up the paperwork piles so I could easily close my roll top desk.

I also chatted with my sister on the phone.

Visited a little with dh's new contact and then walked to the correct house today to pick up the book that I was offered.

Got home, changed and headed off for the luncheon. Only 12 were coming (I thought 13 but there was a duplicate with a fake FB name) and only 10 showed up. We had a good time and have set the next date as May 29. I had salad and quiche so more healthy than a sandwich (I left 1/2 the crust) and no fried on my plate (they looked very good!)

Once home I found a 'regrets' from one person, still don't know what happened to the other person, we suspect she went to the wrong restaurant since she was texting she was on the way with someone else.)

The bank small business guy that helped me yesterday got things working for me today. This is exciting. It is nice to receive exceptional service from a bank!

I haven't started taxes yet. I have bill payments to do as well. Dinner tonight is frozen lasagna for me, pizza for dh. We'll walk over to get his pizza together since I don't have enough steps in for the day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:37 pm

I have put the gutter spout pieces back together, put ladder back down on the ground, and raked up the stuff we left for clean up today, did a rock drop and walked the ddog & had lunch.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:12 pm

did about 10 minutes of painting in laundry room (trim on bottom) so that I can attach a door stopper on the wood at bottom tomorrow.
upstairs cleaned spots on windows and mirrors (one mirror in one bedroom needed heavy cleaning)
cleaned hallway bathroom upstairs - 15 minutes and swiped floor with rinser after vacuuming
vacuumed hallway because it needed it. less than 5

had to take more garbage from bathrooms :shock:
changed out dh's towel.

Next flip flop laundry so dd younger can put her laundry in

hi d nancy look at that outdoor work done and you walked the dog!

hi d kathryn so happy you had a chance to talk to your d sis! glad you had a nice time with neighbours.
you inspire me with your steps!

my moms building does a picnic where everyone meets outside.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:19 pm

d rose i hope you feel better

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Blessed: we have a patio but no tables beside our building. And now with the tuck shop closed it is harder to use that space since it gave us access to the building without going through the front door.

For the food truck day in the summer we set up the tables under the breezeway roof. They are from the association's locker (which is in the building across the street.) Today the people at the luncheon suggested a potluck lunch on the island in the summer. That's a good idea since 1) there's parking, 2) there's tables, 3) it's windy there due to the water currents so it won't be too hot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 pm

my mom's has a court yard so it makes it easier but they still have a hard time getting people together. Too bad because meeting each other is so much fun and neighbourly.

what a nice idea of doing a picnic on the island!!! I hope the more that people hear about it they will join in more and more! So happy you got to have a luncheon! have a great evening!

home blessing (mirrors and window smudges) done
dh fed dogs

dd has to remove her laundry at bottom of stairs and separate it.
she has been working on 3 things a day for the first time today. I am trying to help her feel accomplished and she did very well today! she checked the three things off.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Hmmmph. I tried something and I'm disgusted. :P
Well, actually, it was DH who wanted to try something -- some new cream for arthritis pain.
So I ordered it
AND I ordered the pills they recommended with it
AND I accepted the V alue P lus package which promised a $20 rebate + $40 gift card to my choice of many popular retailers.
:P :P :P
(even if I cancelled immediately)

Grrrrrr...
To get these wonderful free gifts, I must fill out TWO separate papers and mail them in, and then I will make my selection of the popular retailers and have to mail THAT in separately...
But I am beginning to feel it is a matter of principle. They probably don't have a lot of people go through this c*r*a*p to get their $60... so I am now determined to do so.
Also determined to CANCEL this V alue P lus membership ASAP and return the pills.
* sheesh *

And then I'm going to throw the computer through the wall because every so often it just stops and the words I type MIGHT show up after a moment's delay... or they might not.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm

sorry that was so so frustrating d lucy! I hope it all works out.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:20 pm

So sorry, Lucylee. Computers can be so frustrating.

I've struggled with a headache most of the day so today has not been very productive. I went to grocery for salad fixins and half and half for my coffee.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”