Try Something Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Try Something Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am

Try something new today.

A new food, a new way of doing something, some new music, a new exercise, a new route to get to the store.

Big or small, try something new.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Try Something Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:41 am

My main focus today is taxes (definitely not new!) and a residents' association luncheon.

One resident has constantly been sending me ideas.

One just can't be done (hook up a projector and giant screen to watch sporting events OR have people with big screen tvs open up their homes to people without.)

One didn't take off (games nights - no-one signed up.)

But this luncheon idea seems to have legs. We just all meet at a nearby restaurant with lots of parking (not local, our neighbourhood doesn't have a lot of parking spots!) and have lunch together. A social time with others. If I get 10 people out to anything (out of 1000 people living here, and 180 members of the association) that is a success. We have 12 for today, our first time and two people who said they can't come today but would like to try it another day.

So trying new things doesn't always mean success but keeping trying can lead to some positive changes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 am

D favorite cousin had to cancel on going to see dmom today as she's not feeling well. That opens up today and I need to focus on using it well, not blowing the day off because I had a busy day yesterday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 am

Now:
-breakfast and meds/vitamins
-refill meds/vitamins containers
-wash up, brush teeth and dress for the day
-walk the ddog
-make the bed

upstairs at 11 to work on Pro Gen assignment.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 am

Guess I'll try something 'new' later today. Fact is I just got up about 25 minutes ago -this after spending yet another restless night. Think I'll try a sleep aid before I go to bed tonight.

I had big plans for this morning, but since I just took my thyroid med a few minutes ago, I'm off to a very late, rocky start.

There was a car in our driveway and by the time I got dressed it was gone. May have been the 'bug guy'.

Had a low blood sugar about 1 or so. Had 2 pieces of licorice and it was up to 79 this morning. I'll take it.

Pot roast was very good last night. We plan to have it for dinner again tonight. (We don't mind something 2 nights in a row.) All I did was put everything in the crock pot and put an envelope of golden onion soup over it and a can of mushroom soup over that. Made a delicious gravy. I wanted to use that roast before we go north or it wouldn't get done until winter. Have to see if there are other meats that need using now.

Only have 31 days left before we head north. Really need to get a final list of the 'must-do's'. Have some things listed for both of us. It'll be different for dd leaving the house with no one here. Going to ask her very trusted lawn man to check the house for her.

DD's working late tonight -tutoring I'm sure.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 am

Just "Try something" - "isn't that the truth, sister" (lol - a colloquial I heard from 1930's movies)
I like that d kathryn! Thank you for starting us! For me instead of trying something new it meant to me to jump in - do it - try something, anything in my home.

hope you have fun with the luncheon.

hope your cousin feels better today d twins. I hope today is exactly the way you want it!

hi d dee, sorry your blood sugar has been off. hope it regulates. I can't believe you are heading north already!

Happy day to all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am

I know what I have planned but some how I think something is going to stop it. ;)
dh is at the eye dr.
I missed waking up for my WW meeting but there is one in the morning tomorrow. I forgot to set my alarm clock

today my goals: I love d twins 5 things to do!

morning routines - including gym (a must) :D

BWP: bathrooms (part of the round robin anyway) :D
ZONES:
Garden zone 4 - inside the fence back yard
HOUSE ZONE: ours: laundry room 15 minutes - paint trim :D
FL: is bedrooms 15 minutes no more - did 25 minutes :D

HOUSE BLESSING: Clean window smudges and mirror smudges (not whole windows)

extra: pull the donations from the basement, that I and dh talked about, and bring them to his car :D

PROJECT GOES TO DAYS THAT AREN'T SO BUSY

I have been doing french but I don't list it in my cards right now.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:57 am

I have not taken off running. :D time to go! I wish you a wonderful day

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 am

Morning...

I’ll
Be trying to recover from my migraine hangover, my new shorterhaircut and first facial later today.

Though I was up for the day, but realize I’m not ready. Will take Perry and my second cup of coffee with me.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

Low bs at 6:00 I had a pop tart something new I have been trying. Also doing inside stuff 1st is new this week, grass is still wet in the morning. I could not sleep was up in the nite, sigh may need a nap later on. Trying new things with my stone paintings as well. Consideting going to a king size bed in master bedroom. Not my idea.

I reorganized the book case and declutter desk in creativity room.

Return to “Post When You Can”