Orderly Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Orderly Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm

You all are reinforcing my conviction never to take Tai Chi through that instructor again. It was a city run course.

I need to know the why behind things. There was none of that. My comment about perfection came from me reading about Chinese teaching methods. That plus my experience in my class realized what my Chinese born teacher wanted. Looking back, had that been explained, perhaps I would have put a different focus on the class. Instead I kept searching for the promised balance and not finding it. And certainly there were no chairs in place for the many women who did have major balance issues and thus started to refuse to do some of the exercises.

As for being able to focus, there was a mentally challenged member in the class who simply wandered around the room weaving between us as we worked on the stances. So there was little focus since someone as easily distracted as I was constantly trying to mentally calculate where he was in the room and would he be getting in my way as I did a movement. I did enjoy the warm up and cool down exercises and got more out of those than the class itself.

The class was obviously not for me. When we complained about the disruptive student we were told no-one had ever complained before (he was the staple, we were the newcomers.) And made to feel intolerant. Dh walked out one day because he couldn't take it any more.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 pm

No progress here, BTW, except I'm dressed. Dh is waiting to listen to the news then we'll walk over to the grocery store to get milk and green onions and the golden berries if they still have them. I found out they are also a reasonable source of protein. Talk about being a miracle food!

During my lunch I was reading the Idiot's Guide to Glycemic Index Weight Loss. Seems I have been doing it without knowing it. The foods I eat tend to be very low (except for something like a hamburg bun which is an occasional food.)

Unfortunately, it is geared for the American market so the tables are useless to me. I never know when something is referring to fluid ounce or not. Is 1/4 cup of fruit two ounces on the scale or as much fruit as will fit in my 1/4 cup measuring cup? More berries will fit in that if I cut them up tiny. Weighing my food is so much better since it eliminates misjudging the space air takes up and eliminates rounded tablespoons or misjudging dense food like nuts as being less than it actually is.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm

I finally did it. In honor of anti-procrastination day, I called my doctor's office to see about the celiac screen and thyroid level check. I've been postponing this for far too long. (I don't WANT to be told I need to be gluten free). And what happened? I get a system message that everything is down and to call back later. ACK! I'm doing it though.

I have determined my query works and can be implemented in the various reports it is required for.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:29 pm

took tyl en ol for beginning headache.
dd younger has been working rototilling her veggie garden and has been working hard. :D
I did 4 x 15 work in the inside yard and in front yard.
promised dd younger I will help her an hour on Friday outside in the am as it is supposed to be hot this weekend.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

yay on anti procrastination d elizabeth!

being s2s is a lot d kathryn - you do a lot. I do think it depends on the class for anything. I tried tai chi when I was younger and the woman was too way out there for me. Then I tried it with a guy with a group and he was fantastic. hope you find one you want.

hi d harriet. I think just a hi is perfect!!! hello!

hi d nancy yay on your outdoor work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:39 pm

(LadyM) I hope your drs. appointment went ok. I googled what you said yesterday. :o Praying for the best.

Stress really does mess with the memory. When we have too much stuff going on all at once both DH and I get really stupid. We're less stupid when life settles down a bit.

Today's project was to clean the office. That's a huge project. I filled the shredder again. Everything is neat and orderly again. I even worked on DH's drafting table. The rubber mat on it is wearing out. He's been using it for about 18 years.

I've done about everything I can do back here.

Nap? Maybe.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:17 pm

I spuffed up the bed, and got mostly out side stuff done today!

Yea they caught the golden state killer.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Harmony is getting so much decluttering done! I'm envious but not willing to drop some of the things I have going.

I left keys to dmom's house with dcleaning lady and she will take what she wants and hopefully put the rest in the dumpster. I have post it notes on the things that dnephews want, and I walked through the house pointing it out. I went to the grocery then, and went to the Y and updated our membership, and got a bag of potting soil at Lowes. Oh, and visited my mother. She was mostly awake and had been "coloring."

-make the bed
-put away groceries
-sweep kitchen floor (I spilled feta cheese earlier and was hoping the ddog would help me out.)
-straighten up master bed room

At this point I think I'll take a look at the Pro Gen work again and turn in. I still have the simmering headache from yesterday. Not bad, just right there in the background.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 pm

I haven't really cuop yet, but it is so seldom I have a WOO HOO moment, I thought I must share!
:arrow: WHB vacuuming is (almost) done (all but master bedroom & bath, and dh is in there trying to take a nap.
:arrow: ZONE vacuuming/dusting is done in the computer room/(office?)
30 minutes worth, NOT counting the time I spent on THREE phone calls -- 2 w/ddil, 1 w/dmom
:arrow: Called the mail order people, got the info to return arthritis pills, prepared other refund stuff for mailing

I am not s2s, but that's good, b/c it is 76 DEGREES in this house and I am burning up and sweating! Promise y'all won't tell: I it so hot in here that I am eating a Popsicle and I took off my t-shirt and I'm sitting here in my bra! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:
DH said we would need the heat tonight, so I told him to just leave the air as it is.

Must s2s in a bit, b/c I have to cook supper and get ready for church tonight.

Good news also -- dmom has a TA-DA -- she finally called the assisted living place and asked to be placed on their waiting list.

I still have decluttering I'd like to do in this computer room; it's sorta a catch-all area for scrapbooking supplies, old Christmas cards, a million notes to himself that dh piles up beside the computer... It's always a mess.
I also have a BUNCH of packs of 4x6 photo paper, which I don't use b/c (1) I don't know how to print on that size and (2) it takes so much ink it doesn't seem worth it to do photos at home. :?: Any suggestions for what to do with all that?

Ditto what Harmony said about stress messing with memory, LadyM! I know that is a lot of my dmom's trouble.

Harmony, I forgot (if you said before) that your dh was also a draftsman. Dmom has ddad's old pencils and rulers and the little stencils for plumbing fixtures and things. I told her she could NOT throw those out; they hold so many memories for me. I used to love to play with them, and I could see him at his drawing board from my bed when I was falling asleep. He always worked at a chemical plant in the drafting/engineering department, but he drew house plans on the side when I was little. I have the lamp he used at his table.

We were talking about shredders last night. A poll in the paper said something like 70% of people shred all correspondence, and 30% burn it.
I told dh, pointing at him, "And 1% just never throw it away." :roll:

Good for you with the anti-procrastination phone call, Elizabeth! Too bad the doctor's office isn't cooperating!

I need to look back at calendar and see when I need to schedule my yearly health screening w/family doctor. I have to do this for insurance -- I think I save $50 a month if I do it, so it is definitely worth it! I know a lot of people recommend scheduling everything during one's birthday month, but that is always a hectic time of year for me, it seems, so I try to do stuff in the summer, just like I did when I was working. However, somehow, yearly OB-GYN appt has gotten into September, I think, and for that one, I just go when my estrogen & P axil rx's run out!

My goodness, Kathryn, I would have felt distracted by the wandering student, too! I understand their wanting to be "tolerant" but some places just don't lend themselves to wandering. What if he wanted to wander around a race track?
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:32 pm

DH surgery follow up went perfectly. STitches are out and healing will continue. He is now on a every 3 month skin cancer check. Every single time he goes they find more skin cancer. That man is a dermatologist dream patient. :roll:

After we left the doc office and ate lunch we took advantage of being child free. We went car shopping. I am 99% sure I found my next vehicle (2015 Suburban LTZ 4WD). We did a test drive and I liked everything about it.....well....not the price but that is to be expected. I just texted the car salesman and told him he has a one time shot to give me a price. I don't negotiate or dicker. I will either accept his price and buy it tomorrow or I'll continue with my search. I am in no hurry.

Next up -
** pack my supper
** pick up 125 pieces of fried chicken and 125 pieces of potato wedges
** set up church potluck meal
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”