Orderly Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Orderly Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 am

Order is a busy nymph, the child of beauty and wisdom; her attendants are comfort, neatness, and activity; her abode is the valley of happiness; she is always to be found when sought for; and never appears so lovely as when contrasted with her opponent, disorder.

-Samuel Johnson
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Orderly Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

Enough said about order.

Somehow my mind has buried the fact that my Pro Gen work is due today. I need to meld together an example contract to turn for the assignment this month. Today.

I'm supposed to meet dcleaning lady at dmom's house at 1 p.m. to see what she wants from it. She will carry off whatever she wants and that reduces what's left. She does a huge yard sale every year.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:40 am

wishing you the best on getting that done d twins. You can do it! Yes you can! (a little bob the builder for you :D )
how wonderful you can bless your cleaning lady with the things you don't need from sweet mom's house.

Good morning everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am

I'm off to get my toenails cut and my hair either cut or permed. Had a horrible night with almost complete lack of sleep. Think my Dr and I need to have a discussion about insomnia. This is crazy.

I am officially phoneless. Mine evidently quit last night completely. Am going to try to make a run to A T T this afternoon, but I'll see how sleepy I am at that point. Also have to go to W mart after hair appointment. Need to pick up snacks for dd for school/testing for tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:01 am

Yesterday turned into a heavy work day - more likely because it takes me so long to move from job to job ;) 8-)
But I do feel accomplished about it. No order but underneath clean
I have my desk, (temporarily, my kitchen table, until new photo project is done), in the kitchen so it looks very cluttered no matter what I do.

Anti-procrastination day. I have to repair a winter wood snowmen decoration that my bil made. 2 of the wood noses fell off. 8-)
put lock on middle bathroom until I can figure out how to actually fix that door.

ww: 9:30 leave

phone calls: anti-procrastination
pull bbq gas container off and get new one - for dh to take in

3 layer cake (Kat's)
1. Routines (don't forget the gym routine) (dinner routine)
2. BWP: desk day - budget don't begrudge it day - toss from refrigerator and make up list and doable menu
3. ZONE: OUR ZONE THIS WEEK viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4584 - laundry room -10 minutes no more (lol because I don't want to)

for me: put door jam in wood trim now that the paint is dry - scrape other part of wall that peeled.

if time ask dd younger to help me, some time this week,(if not busy), to take things off of my extra kitchen shelf items in the laundry room and move the shelf to the 3 season room temporarily. (she is afraid it will fall on the dogs as the younger dog always lays in there when we are not home) so I can clean that wall and paint there this Saturday. I will have to get an anchor for that before I put it back in the laundry room.

ZONE: FL: bedrooms 10 - 15 minutes (clean tables next to beds)

GARDEN ZONE: inside fence area in back yard 10 - 15 minutes

HOME BLESSING; first floor - surface vacuum and don't move furniture (except dining room chairs) and swiffer rinse - includes living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry area, 3 season room, and then the only rug (oriental) in the family room gets vacuumed. this is the longest home blessing and I have decided dh would love to help me 8-)

dh will vacuum our bedroom,
dd younger hers
3rd bedroom was vacuumed yesterday as well as the hall oriental rug.

trying hard to remember 3 x a day clutter check = :shock: 8-) not working too well

probably walk in woods. I wish I could bring dogs but I can't get them in my car myself anymore bc they are old and big dogs.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:04 am

hi d dee - sorry you were hurting last night and it took away your sleep! enjoy a pedicure! I never thought I would do it but it is so easy and there is lots of time where I don't use polish. I still giggle bc I am ticklish. It sounds like you have a very busy day! Hope it is wonderful!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am

I am up. Breasfast is done. Hens & ddog are fed I have eaten. Journal and bit of a counter spuff done. Mowing day when it dries out later on.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 am

Dee: careful about making a phone decision while you are overtired. Perhaps it is time to look into a WM cheap pay-as-you-go flip phone to handle texts and calls and put off a smart phone decision until a later date. $100 spent now on that might save for $$$ over the length of a contract you sign when not at your best.

I was up until midnight writing an email. Sent out another long one this morning. The minister is having to deal with our sponsorship partners and he's having trouble thinking of a way to approach this without further damaging the situation. More in J&C.

Anyway, I've finished breakfast and made the bed. Kitchen needs work (spent last night writing the email instead of doing the dishes) and I need work (still in my dressing gown.) The day is cooler here which is actually nice, that means the apartment is cooling down to closer to 70 than 80. Humidity is up too because it is cloudy and showery outside and all the windows are open letting in some of that more humid air to offset our over-dry air.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:45 am

Good morning everyone! I tried making the GF bread recipe. I should have looked up high altitude GF french bread! DD16 and I will try it tomorrow, but I expect it to need adjusting. It was hot in my house when I got home, so I left the MBR window open last night and today. (Bars on that window, so no worries there).

Perhaps I will get the equipment and fix the door lock in honor of anti-procrastination day. I should really call my regular doctor about the celiac screen. Tonight's essentials are: trash out and install car radio antenna. The latter is a 5 minute job that I keep forgetting.

After what Kathryn said about Tai Chi, I know to scratch it off my list of potential things to try! After living with my perfectionist x for 21 years, I have no interest in allowing perfectionism in any form back into my life.

blessedw2: There are ramps you can buy (or build) that will allow old dogs to get in the car easily.

Thanks for the reminder, Lynnlee! DD16's doctors told us the same thing. I had to look up Anzac Day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am

I meant to also comment on Tai Chi. The class that I was taking didn't perfect one move before starting another, but moved very, very slowly. It was hard for me to be motivated to practice. I should practice if I want to continue, but I'm debating whether to continue in the fall. I know if has benefits, it's just so hard to get to that point, I think.

I worked up a draft for a sample contract and fee schedule, using some other examples. I'll proof and upload them later.

I need to reboot my computer and printer. I can't print from Word, and it's only Word. And I also can't print a PDF. Ah, I can cut and paste it to Google docs however and print a PDF to upload there.

Need to:
-change clothes, wash up, brush teeth
-walk the dog
-get thank you notes ready to mail

Now dd has called upset at office secretary.

Return to “Post When You Can”