Thinking Cap Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 am

Hmmm.... .. what are we thinking today...

Something quite remarkable, certainly.

Be sure to share - some may have trouble finding their caps today, and knowing you are out there pondering may be very reassuring.

blessedw2

Re: Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:37 am

always quite remarkable thoughts on this end. :D 8-) :D

thank you for helping me with finding my thinking cap d harriet!
hope you have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:46 am

I listened to my you tube daily video's
checked emails
ordered groceries - I wanted to go to the store myself today but I have to go downtown.
yesterday after an hour of garden work I ended up with a headache and had to nap and yes I did nap for a long time!
another new day so I am excited even though all my plans yesterday went away - they will come back again next anti-procrastination day.

I am leaving at 10 am hopefully - dd has lunch with one of the captains that want her as crew. this might be a good thing. I wish there was a woman captain that needed a team. It makes me more comfortable to have her have a mentor during this time that is also a woman.

Time to start
I have to remind myself to be kind to me and that even though I lost yesterday doesn't mean I failed. (old negative thinking dies hard). I keep remembering what Kat says every day - "you are beautiful" and it reminds me to be kind to myself. Okay - positive thinking - yesterday is gone and I can start up today with what I had planned for today. (moving everything to next Wednesday). I ordered groceries - I didn't want to but I will be gone all day and we are out of so much stuff! I leave for downtown at 10:00 am. Positive thinking.

pull morning routine!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 am

My thinking cap is trying to decide whether I should cancel lunch today with dfriend I used to work with. I'm having some dizziness, I think from the meds for the trigeminal neuralgia aka pain in my mouth. Yesterday was the first day I had gone up to the full dosage. I was putting eye drops in when I first got up this am and nearly feel down. And I slept in until 9 a.m. which is unusual for me.

I'm going to try to get a shower and see if I improve.

And in other news, it's raining again. All day. I think that tomorrow and the weekend are supposed to be nice, but I am so tired of rain.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:00 am

Hmmm.....my problem today is probably that I have that "thinking cap" on too tightly. Keeps running around my brain some issues with our new pastor up home. Got an email from our moderator today that mentioned that very thing. I already am seeing the effects of her 'ideals' and evidently some of her teaching. Not boding well I'm afraid. Am afraid that dh will just plain decide against going to church a lot of Sundays this year. Our problem lies in that so many there are 'family'. We've gone here through thick & thin for over 50 years. So we may just hang back a bit and see what develops.

I'm so sleepy today, despite having a decent night's sleep. I did go out to the living room about 5am so I could check in with dd before she left for school. She didn't get home last night from her dmil's (after hospice arrived) till almost 11:30pm. Her dmil had landed in the hospital Tuesday night, came home yesterday and ended up back there again last evening -only to come home later. The hospital has begun talking "nursing home" to her but she's definitely not willing to go that route. At least not yet.

Think I'm going to head over to dbil/dsisil's for just a little bit this morning. Imagine they'll want to meet for breakfast tomorrow morning. I need to do that fairly early so I'm here when my phone is delivered. Don't want it sitting on the front porch. I'm sure they've tried to contact me this week, but I have no phone access.

Just realized this has set here for a while. Been looking for the cover to my phone. Plan to take it and turn it in at A T T tomorrow when I take the new phone to be set up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:05 am

And I still have the headache going too. I am going to skip the a.m. dose of this med and go back to bed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 am

I need to pay attention to time since I have a doctor's appointment today. It is out in the rural villages so a long drive. Must leave close to 12:30.

I took my thinking cap off last night and that was a good thing. I skipped over the part of the taxes that weren't working for me and then entered the charitable contributions. That took longer than it should because I had to double check I had receipts for all I had noted. I didn't because 3 went through on January 9 but were for the previous year. Once I realized that mistake, it was easy-peasy.

This morning during tea and chocolate I sorted the medical expenses and then went to tidy my desk area and make sure I know which chits are still to be entered. Discovered a report that came in last week. When I tossed it in with the tax record pile I hadn't looked at it but thought it was something that just came in late (some of our investments don't have to file until March 31 so we don't get receipts until the middle of April which is why I can't do our taxes until the end of April, close to the deadline.) Turns out it is a printout of everything I need for the stupid form that I gave up on last night. All neatly organized and converted to Canadian dollars. Suddenly my day got easier!

I'm dressed but need to have breakfast still. Then I'll do the medical expenses, do my preaching income report and transfer some entries from me to dh (it is a joint account so I can do that - in Canada you do not file a joint tax return which makes things trickier when assets are shared.) At that point I'll be almost done except for the dang form but I'm not fearing it as much as I was so my mind is in a better place.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am

Good news my cousin was released from hospital and hydrated now, no heart issues yea!

I moved a pile of branches I pruned out of the way this morning when I did hens chores.

Laundry is going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 am

did my morning routine except swish and swipe and getting dressed in nicer cloths
did my home blessing from yesterday - I had asked dh to vacuum our bedroom - didn't but I will push it to next week. dd younger vacuumed her room over the weekend did today's home blessing of emptying the garbage cans in house. (tomorrow is garbage day)

asked dh to clean the microwave bc he is taller - he didn't - I am not mad but I do get frustrated but not so much at him just that the job has been missed for two times and it would have been nice to have it done. He likes putzing and meeting people errands - such as cleaners, milk from grocery store, meds from pharmacy, his favourite hardware store and of course the car dealerships. He did help dd younger with roto-tiller yesterday - he starts work on the house when someone else does and that makes him happy. he loves his daily run to barnes and nobles.

Next swish and swipes
then s2 dress shoes
dh is coming with me to drop off dd younger and head to the broadcasting museum and then pick her up again (he likes short visits so I told dd I would drive her to her luncheon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:46 am

have a great day everyone - heading out soon.

Return to “Post When You Can”