Thinking Cap Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Thinking Cap Thursday

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 am

Good morning everyone! My anti-procrastination day went well: celiac testing arranged and lock fixed. I even found an old workout DVD and did that. LOL run, but there are about 3 now that need put away. I did remember to get the trash out. I still have not heard from the surgeon's office. I have 55 work emails to contend with. I was not invited to the meeting today that is providing both breakfast and lunch.

I agree with Kathryn that the connection seems tenuous. However, the screening is a blood test to look for antibodies rather than something with potential bad effects. The biopsy is done only if you flunk the screening. Thyroid is a frequent, heritable cause of infertility. Many women get their first diagnosis from an infertility doctor.

TwinsMom: Would food help the dizziness? Maybe your friend could get take out and bring it over.

I propose adding a stepladder to blessedw2's kitchen.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Nancy, I'm glad your extended family is hearing some good health news. That kind of encouragement (literally) goes a long way. It makes a lot of folks happier.

HRH suggested I ride out with him this a.m. since he had nothing but some back-and-forth and carrying paperwork. Enjoyed the trip and chatting. I did wait a little while, and had brought my lesson materials, so got some done on that.

Somehow, my lower back has flared up for the first time in ages - big surprise. I felt it when I got into the truck, which is often a "pain" for me, but to my hip, not to my back! :roll: It's very awkward to get in because it's high, and they are bucket seats with an even higher side edge. So you're asking your one hip to perch, please, and anchor you there while you hop and heft the rest of you up at an angle - just explaining it sounds like something a physical therapist would veto, doesn't it? :( My ddad used to have a stool in the back seat and my mother would get in the truck by stepping onto the stool, then into the truck and my ddad would put the stool back until the return trip. Also have heard of running boards being attached after a truck had some age on it - I'd pay for that!

My thinking cap has been on, regarding the lesson and what I'll do with it, limited by time and expectations. Ds suggested that someday, I write out an overview of what I've learned in the past year or two, in my own way. So my children will have a record of the reasons I put so much time in, and the things I believed that were verified in study, and the things that I had to reassess. I'm sure he sees that as a way to keep his mother sane, lol.

He reports that at the church his family is attending, the new issue seems to be whether a smoke machine is appropriate for the music ministry. I had to laugh (covering my mouth) at his obvious distaste, lol. It's so nice, though - their drama can just be about drama. ;)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Morning...

My thinking cap is getting colored at the moment.

My plans for the day have changed. I learned last night that a neighbor across the street fell and broke her hip. Norma, this is Linda...She is now in rehab and is requesting coffee. Seems whatever she is being served there doesn't meet her standards. :lol: She has rheumatoid arthritis, but the break was in her good hip so the doctors were able to put three strong pins in. At any rate its gonna be a long recovery for her. My other neighbor and I plan to visit her this afternoon.

House if in great shape and everything is in order.

Blessed....I agree with Elizabeth. Just make sure the step ladder has handles like mine.

Timer went off...time to beautify the rest of me.

Waving to ya'll...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:48 pm

My cousin was just dehydrated I am sure he is feeling a new lease on life now!

I have one more load of laundry in the dryer, folded the other two.

Back from a store run, food is put away now, did a rock drop. Before it is too hot out. Done walking the dog and hen chores also.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm

I feel good..nana nana nana nana!!!!

Hair done...much shorter cut this time, to my chin, long layers. Didn't know if I would like it like it or not, but I do!!!
Showered, so I smell good and so does Willis for that matter, cause he got one too. Now he's a happy dog.

Shower was cleaned as well and now I am dressed and ready for the day. Gonna be a hot one...100* so I have to dress in layers. Cool for the outside and need to bring a light weight sweater when ever I go into stores. I keep a white and black sweater hanging in my car as well as umbrellas to keep the sun off when it gets really, really hot. I have to protect my skin and I hate dousing my body in sun block unless I am swimming. Then I usually wear a hat. When I work in the yard I'm out doing it by 5:30 in the morning. This morning it was 72* at that time and summer is just beginning.

Sweetie just received his appointments for his cataract surgery and then after they are done its road trip time. I have a wedding in July for a HS friend and all my " girl pals" will be there. Suppose to be a fun wedding and I'm really looking forward to that. Sometime in Aug I will be back to Dallas. Never get to have enough time with my kids. Then is Sept I have my 50th :o Class reunion. I attended school with Most of these kids from 1-12 grades so its really like a childhood reunion.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Back from the doctor. We have a plan to see if the weight is causing my breathing issue. I'll go back at the end of September. I also have my blood work requisition so will have that done before I go to see the doctor. In the meantime, what the cardiologist said in his report was more direct than what I heard (and I checked and dh didn't hear it either.) So he suggested I work on conditioning my large muscles. He did suggest biking or swimming (both are problematic for me) but I've also decided to sign up with a personal trainer so that will also work.

As for my toe, nothing medical can be done. An orthotic will help with discomfort and, of course, all new shoes. There are women who would jump for joy at that. Not me.

Anyway, we have a plan.

Next stop was Costco to load up on stuff. That's done and dh helped unload the car. We've decided to eat out tonight instead of at home and then out to the concert. That works for me, since I'll get something I like more than what was on the mealplan but it will still be within my calorie count for the day. I'll be hard pressed to make 10K steps today even if we are busing downtown. That's only about 4K steps and I'm at almost 4K now but don't have any time for the treadmill.

Back to work on the taxes now. I'll take sermon work with me to the concert to work on before hand.

Just lost 30 minutes to my cell phone provider who texted me that my account was suspended because I hadn't paid. It was due on Monday and topped up on Monday automatically (shows on my credit card statement) so the system is messed up. I did make calls with it today so I'm pretty sure I'm fine but I don't like being harrassed like that. There's no way to reply to the account that texted me. My notification on Monday that everything was topped up came in from a different account. Of course, there's no obvious phone number and I can't figure out twitter. I know how to read tweets but I don't know how to send a tweet to another account.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 pm

I napped a little, eventually got a shower and walked the ddog and went on to my body work, which was good for me. I'm feeling better, not so dizzy. I also got distilled water for my CPAP and picked up the dog meds. Criminy, more rain moving in, however. :shock:

I need to regroup for the evening. I didn't cook last night because of the nausea; I have chicken thawed already for tonight.

-make the bed
-write two more thank you notes
-hang to dry the laundry from the washer
-start another load to hang to dry
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper on the desk
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Just lost 30 minutes to my cell phone provider who texted me that my account was suspended because I hadn't paid.
Since it showed on your account as paid AND you were able to use it.....are you certain it wasn't a SPAM text?

I've gotten absolutely nothing done today. Could bite the bullet and get a couple of things done before we go to Trivia tonight. When dd gets home (which she should already be), she has to go to Florida Southern to speak for a class there. Then she's coming back to get me to go to Trivia. I'd just drive there and she could meet me, but I'm not great for driving after dark.

Off to get SOMETHING done! Maybe I really need that 'Thinking Cap" thing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:55 pm

I dug out a small tree, had a nap, hens are happy to have another patch of fresh dirt to scratch for bugs in.

H put weed n geed on tnr front yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Last night when I went to bed, my back was hurting sooo bad, just from vacuuming, and dh said, "Take it easy tomorrow and don't do anything. You didn't need to do all that cleaning..."
Well -- I pointed out to him that apparently I ONLY do "all that cleaning" approximately once a month --
but I didn't need much encouragement to take it easy -- seeing how there is NO relief in sight for the next 4 days (plus tonight, starting in about an hour).
I talked to dmom on the phone a long time, sent messages for her to the cousin who (says he) wants to mow the yard at her house/late dgm's house & to administrator at the ass't living place.
Talked to ddil & dgs...
S2S
Talked to lady at ass't living, who has since called dmom...
Went to the post office...
Talked to dmom again -- dmom said for me to call dbil & get a Power of Attorney ready for us to sign...
Did a Sudoku puzzle and watched some of the coverage on Cosby's trial. And ate waaaay too much sugar. Again.
LadyM... I can't imagine that your binge eating was any worse than mine. I am just addicted to sugar. Any time I eat carbs, I overdo it, and I just can't stand the thought of totally giving up everything like that that I like so much.

Post office.
I am returning some arthritis pain pills that I ordered for dh, but he did not want to add any pills to his already huge dose of daily meds/suplements; he only wanted the lotion/cream these people sell.
So -- I'm supposed to get my $109 back (six month supply) MINUS their $10 re-stocking fee, AND MINUS the postage to return it to them.
They offered me a 50% refund without returning it at all, but I have now dug my heels in and I am determined to get back as much as I can. As you can see, I'm only going to clear about 75% at this rate.
OTOH -- they also offered me (when I originally placed the order) the V alue P lus thing I was griping about on here the other day.
I got that in the mail today too, and if they were honest about that offer, I'll get a refund of all but $3.65, plus I'll have a $40 gift card to T arget, maybe.

DDIL just called. She's on her way with the two Tazmanian devils. ;)

If I am not seen for the next 96 hours, know that I will reappear eventually.

LOL -- I should have tomorrow night free, and all day Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. I'll need it to recuperate -- there's no school tomorrow or Monday, so anytime dgd is here, dgs will be also.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”