Fun Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Fun Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:40 pm

After errands & lunch. Did hen chores, watered grass in back. Treated ddog with tick & flea stuff then walked ddog in field, let her off the leash for a bit she did great! I am so pleased now I can relax a bit if we go to the farm, hills or mtns. Missed a call for watching kidN, oh well the weed n feed is under the swing set.

Picked up my ring it came back from repairs. Found shoes in my size yea. They had finally gotten Energel pens in stock yea the color I needed so glad I found my 2nd fav. Ones Zebra pens I was out of green.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Yes, I let the afternoon slip by. I did take a 45 min nap, and also made challah (put it in the breadmaker before napping.) Dh finally responded that he would like to go to services so I agreed to go. That will make twice I'm in the building this weekend - again for the Sunday annual meeting. I wonder if the building will fall in?

I sat in the backyard for a while with ddog, until she took it upon herself to bark at the dog two houses up, and earned herself a trip right back into the house. It also happened this a.m. when she started to venture down our drop off to look for the bunny home. She is really a delight - gentle and easy, low intensity. Some days I'd like to have a dog that could handle a long hilly walk with M and R uby, but on the whole she's perfect. The time outside wasn't wasted for sure.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

hi d nancy. I am sure your d dog loved it! well done on your errands too.

hi d twins you need that nap - good for you (plus you got the challah made before you napped).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Church service is done. Still need to do the sermon, but that's solid writing better done in the evening.

Dh's hair colour won't be a big deal for the family photos. It is only a stripe along the side so we can position him another way for photos if anyone objects. He loves it so will want it in. The concern is Africa. We're not sure how it will be taken there. I could buzz cut him with the clippers first thing in the morning before he flies. We'll see how faded it is by then. The colour was noticeable at 4 weeks last time but not at 6, so it will likely fade away during Africa.

I will make one of the survey phone calls now. I've sent a note to the organizer pointing out I have no idea who one of the people is. In a church with only 26 families, and having belonged there for 28 years, I should know everyone or else the person just donated some money once because of a family event or something. Anyway, can't call someone I don't have a number for (they aren't in the directory.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I have decided to have a sit in and no more work.

I should have done:
dog stuff
work in garden
do 10 minutes in garage

but I refuse to 8-) :lol: I just can't and I am okay with it! my little stinker won but I did get many things accomplished.
received a letter from IRS regarding our health coverage last year :roll: so now we have to get our forms together and resend everything within 18 days.

what I have to do: flip flop the last of the laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Nothing seems easy today.

First person out. That's fine. Called second person and had a great chat.

Realized we need a table to put the answers into so designed one. And sent it out to the others. But that didn't work, the table was lost and the text all jumbled. Tried multiple times and it is a problem with Open Office. I can save as an .odt file but that can't be opened by people with Word. So ended up importing the .odt into google docs and saving out as a Word file. That worked.

Still, why can't something be easy these days?

I have another phone call to make at 7:30 and then I'll decide if I'll make the last one. So far, the minister suspects no-one else had made their calls.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Been a pretty calm day, all things considered.
Dgrands just left and will NOT be spending the night Sunday after all. Ddil will bring them over around lunch time.
Dgs will be back tomorrow night, just because it’s Saturday.

We went to town earlier — post office, drug store, and alterations lady (to pick up sweatshirt she had mended for dgs).
Dgs and I had pizza for lunch; dh had hamburgers, and dgd had a toddler meal.

Still planning fish for supper but neither of us are very hungry right now. We are just TIRED!

Waving to all!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Second of three (or maybe four) phone surveys done. Now to go for a walk. I need to get outside.

The smell in the apartment is almost gone. The laundry room door has been open for ages now and there's no additional smell in the kitchen (at least nothing stronger than the wonderful smell of our grilled steak dinner) so tonight should be fine for sleeping. But I want to get outside for a bit of a walk now. I won't make my steps again today, for the third day in a row. Sigh....

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Dinner is in the oven will be ready in ten min.
H is home. 89* out no one is ready for this. Cooler temps this weekend and next week so we get a break. I painted some stones and they are drying now. I am happy with the results.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:19 pm

I had a fun day today. I got really good lab results at my doctor appointment this morning which thrilled me. Then I met DGS21 at a park near a local lake. We both brought our lunches and ate at a picnic table. We walked the 2 mile track and had a good talk. The weather was almost perfect. Bright sunshine, minimum wind and in the 70's F. DGS21 was looking for some bargains so we went to 3 thrift stores. He didn't find anything but I found 2 new shirts with tags on them. I paid a whopping .99 cents for them.

To drive a car now requires a phone app?

No the phone app is not required. It is optional to use and gives access to a bunch of information. I think it is much more information than I need! How many times I did a hard brake or rapidly accelerated today, how many miles I drove today, how many stops, average mph, mpg, how much gas in the tank, what the tire pressure is, etc etc etc. Most of the information I don't care about. Although, it might be good information to know if a teenager was driving. The app shows the location of the vehicle and I can start/stop, unlock/lock, and use horn from the app. Thinking how useful this "could" be with a teenager on a date......if the vehicle is shown to be parked at local make-out place.....just turning the vehicle lights on and blow the horn a couple of times could ruin the romantic mood. OF COURSE, I wouldn't do that............but it is sorta fun to think of the possibilities.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”