Clean and Bright Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Clean and Bright Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Back in from another round of digging stones out of the "path", yea for progress 90 - 95% done now yea! Loving the cool cloudy day for this. I need to think about lunch.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 pm

quick hi - groceries from whole f put away. found some vegetarian sausage and will try that today.

still need to drop off gas tank -
went to bank
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Morning ...

Willis and I are back from our training. It takes almost an hour in freeways to get there and same coming back. The training session is an hour so that pretty much eats up my morning.

Willis was great. He was surrounded by other dogs... two that were quite hyper and he just laid on the ground and paid zero attention to them as the walked around him. One other dog was a calm pup, a laberdooled. Willis and the pup spent time smelling each other’s butts... it’s a social thing.

Home now and about to start my laundry. Woke to a clean house and shiny sink. Love that and starts my day with a smile.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm home from hiking in the wildlife mountains. It was my first hike of the year. I love every moment spent there....except that DGS21 and DGD6 are being cranky. They seriously messed with my peace this morning. Each of them was cranky for different reasons and both of them had good "excuses". I gave them both extra mercy but still....they were not fun to be around. Especially since I was looking forward to my first hike of the year. I just wanted to soak in the nature sounds and enjoy being in the middle of nowhere. NOW....who is being cranky? That would be me! OHsss well. This too will pass.

I gathered up a rolling ice chest and a bunch of plastic tubs and used them as puzzle pieces to completely fill the back of the Suburban. I asked DH to come look at what I had done and asked his opinion. He thought it was a good idea. So now that I have the entire space containerized I can start the next step of planning, organizing and packing for our trip. Just as soon as I figure out what the next step will be.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:26 pm

hi to you!!! I see that you are busy - yay again on willis's training!

wishing you a good day

stopped at car wash place and they did a great job. I never do this but I missed vacuuming my car for a month. The price wasn't too bad for all the work the men put into it. I was really impressed by them. i wish I could move like that. It's a hard job! I am glad I did it.

stopped for ink for printer (small fortune)
and some other stops

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:26 pm

worked 15 minutes with dd younger on her room - trying to wash it down a bit.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Dh and I had a good day here. He had helped do the pool clean up and set up for the neighborhood, and I walked the ddog, then we went to the antique/vintage place near here. They had outdoor vendors also. I got a book and I got to see a couple of the things from my mother's house there for sale. Dh commented that he thought I wanted to see how much the guy was selling them for, but it was more that it made me happy to see them cleaned up and him able to make a profit on them. I certainly don't want to do what he does! I also got a civil war book there.

Then we went to the outdoor market opening day - they are open both Sat and Sun this weekend to open. Lots of lovely things, plants, things to eat, cheeses, bakeries and meat. Too early for produce! I got goat cheese and pimento cheese there. We stopped at a model home in a new neighborhood on the way home. We have friends who are building and moving there. I wouldn't trade our house for those, but there were updated features that I did like.

Then we came home and I got a nap! I think it may have been a perfect day. Weather is still gorgeous but very windy now. I sat outside with the ddog for a little while, but she wanted to bark at the neighbors. We have to get over that!

Quiet evening here. We both ate sandwiches with challah when we got home. I'm not sure we'll need supper. I'm going to read my new to me book.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 pm

I rinsed the dishes and loaded the dishwasher, folded the last load of laundry also.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Nice opening Blessed. Thank you.

Saturday
tmeds
dishes
dress
bfst
otd tai chi. My shoulders are iffy again. left arm lift is low. Trying to baby it along.
cooked evening meal. lots of veg.
bedtime was reasonable. lights out was not. Finished next book.

today
tmeds and dishes
dressed, bed made, ate bfst.
otd church is next. Need to put on face spf as sunny here again today.
Just heard the bus go thru to termins.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Blessed: we took the car to the car wash as well for an unneeded wash (it has been out a lot in the rain but the RainX coating really does keep the car looking good.) We looked into how to add the vacuuming and interior spiff to our next wash. We have an unlimited plan so she showed us what to press for add-ons next time. It won't be a detailing but it will get the most obvious of the winter mess out.

I'll be cancelling the plan in 2 weeks and switching to prepaid cheapo washes for over the summer. If I buy 5, I get the 6th free and still get to use the pass-lane.

The system auto loads another 5 when I've worked through the 6. Six washes are normally enough over the summer since we don't take the car out more than a couple of times a week so once every 3 weeks is often enough to wash the car. The only exception is I'll give it The Works before going on a long road trip because the RainX makes the bugs wash off in the next rainstorm.

I never used to believe in car washes but if this place closes down I don't know what I'll do. The premium wash really has kept the car looking new (it is now 5.5 years old and has over 80K miles) although the inside looks more worn because of scratches from moving things. The car's been through 4 moves plus transporting all the large items dd and dsil have bought over the years. And the salt from our boots has stained the carpets but it isn't worth $250 to get the car detailed.

After we did that, we had the pub for supper but we had parked at the grocery store and I got that task done efficiently. Heavy things purchased and I easily got over the $40 I needed for $4 off, plus other rebates so I did rather well.

Now I have to finish the sermon. It is mostly done but I ended up writing too much and too scattered so have to pick one thing and stick with that. The research I did was really interesting but won't make it in. That's more Bible study stuff than sermon stuff.

Return to “Post When You Can”