Clean and Bright Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Clean and Bright Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:56 am

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." George Bernard Shaw.

How can you, today, do something that gives you that sparkle in you; that keeps your vision of the world clean and bright and positive?

You are capable, positive, joyous, wonderful just being you.

I went to ww this week and it was about being kind to ourselves. I thought that might be a nice goal for May for us.

"Being kind means responding to the needs of others - and people can be kind, no matter how old or how young we are" Mr. Rogers.
-----------what about being kind to you. Are you responding to your needs? For the month of May be kind to yourself and forgiving of yourself like you would for others. Treat yourself wonderfully in may each morning and each day.

Sending you all sunshine!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Clean and Bright Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 am

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 am

my goals today (what ever i can 8-) :D )

1. routines -
2. BWP - family fun is up - maybe see if everyone wants to go for a walk in the woods)
3. ZONES:
------- A. garden inside of fence - I have been weeding 15 minutes at a time - wow it makes a difference
------- B. ZONE FOR HERE: Laundry room (done for this week)
------- C. ZONE FOR FL: MASTER bedroom (done for me this week - not for dd younger)
4. HOME BLESSING: find and wipe smudges around the house - 10 minutes no more
5. PROJECT: living room (still need help with moving the piano)

CLUTTER CHECK: 3 x a day (I only did one yesterday) trying to keep this a positive one. (MY LITTLE STINKER MAKES ME DISLIKE THIS JOB)

thinking of making a zone for me 8-) I don't get my gym routine in :roll:

I have a feeling I might be pulled into the veggie garden 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:51 am

Some of you probably saw my facebook photo - I had coffee outside on out porch with the ddog. Beautiful morning here, thank goodness! I am so tired of rain. Not many plans for the day, the outdoor market starts up here this weekend (both days) and temple annual meeting tomorrow. Beyond that, I am wanting a quiet weekend.

I need to get plants into the ground too.

Regarding new cars - I still don't have a handle on a lot of the features of my new Honda Pilot, which we bought a year ago in Feb. I'm still surprised when a phone call comes through the speaker although I do appreciate the convenience answering it that way. I know there's a lot of features I'm not using but that's okay with me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:57 am

Aarrgghhh! Texted dh on my phone earlier. When I went to text about our golf cart cover arriving later on the phone wouldn't turn on at all! Finally dd figured out how to get it to turn on. Will go back to A T T if I keep having this sort of problem. Have an appointment tomorrow at 12:20 with the Geek Squad at B Buy. Hope to get them to remove the month old battery from my old phone or possibly??? get them to refund my money for the battery. Like that's going to happen.

DD's working on the template for our golf cart numbers. She ordered the reflective vinyl last night and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. We can put both our site #'s on, allowing any of us four to drive it.

Need to start a list of all my passwords and codes so I can take it north with me.

It was nicely cool this morning -about 62/63. DD and I sat on the screened porch to have our breakfast and coffee. Nice! She has a wedding shower late this afternoon or I'd suggest going to Disney. We've yet to go this year.

I'm trying to catch up my to-do lists. Know this coming month will have a lot to jot down. I'm getting anxious to head home but not while it's so cold. Though this week is supposed to be warming. Forecast for when dd is up there next Thurs-Sun is rain. Of course. They'll be emptying their motorhome and then loading and setting up their new RV. She didn't tell her principal she was going north until her final evaluation yesterday. His comment: "Have a great time!" She didn't want to jeopardize her evaluation. She'd already done her lesson plans and acquired a sub. DDIL-A is picking her up at the airport late Thursday morning. Dsonil will take her back on Sunday.

Guess I'd better get busy and do something. My mantra these days is: "WORK HARD".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:45 am

Rain has me changing my plans this morning. Glad I did a bit outside last evening on taking out rocks for a path that is not working. :idea: At least it will be cooler out today yea! I have plants to dig out it is great weather for that the hens will love getting worms too.

Waving to all!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am

Well, that feels good -makes my cell phone bill a bit 'clean and bright'. Paid off dh's phone (paid mine off several days ago). They were both due to be paid off mid-August, but now that's done with. Meanwhile I've spent a lot of $$ on phones during this past month. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm

trying to be the "bright" for my family today. dd older had a horrible week at work and is feeling a bit overwhelmed and defeated. Her boss was really overwhelming and she had to fire someone this week.
d mom talked yesterday about her neck problems that gave me stomach ache - her health is great but she does find issues that bother her and she hyper focuses even if they say she is super healthy.

Even though I couldn't do routines this morning - lots of bolstering up others (happy to do it) I can get on task and keep true to my goals today to keep a bright outlook and hopefully cleaner home.

heading towards Whole F and the bank
it is going to be below freezing again tonight so lots of things have to be brought inside.
and I am only going to do 15 minutes of weeding outside because its COLD

heading out but wishing you all a wonderful day.

Bills done - spending not listed.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Dh and I had all of our running around finished, brunch eaten and the first load of laundry in the washer before noon.

It has been pouring here on and off all day.

Dh's best friend is coming over this afternoon and I should be gone to stitching group by the time he gets here.

Supper is a roast pork with veggies around it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:24 pm

I'm clean but not bright. Rather dull actually. Daily chores are done and a load of laundry but aside from that, nothing.

Next focus is an hour on the sermon. After that, if I don't have something I like, I'm using someone else's since I didn't sign on for this Sunday and even though I swapped for it, I had to write a sermon last week because the person I swapped with didn't get back to me until Saturday afternoon after whether or not he was accepting my offer to do last Sunday as well as this Sunday.

It is hard enough to manage my time and slot all I have in and MAKE myself do what I have to do, when I should be doing it. When others mess with that (three times so far over the past week not including email responses that took over 5 hours), I get rather unforgiving and resentful.

I know I don't manage my time well but it works for me until someone else starts making demands on my time. Yet, because I work in church circles and most demands are church related, telling people, NO in uncertain terms is not an option, let along telling them to ef off which is my first response lately. In the meantime, I haven't seen my grandson for a week and am behind on the work I set out for myself for this week so won't likely see him for another week.

Return to “Post When You Can”