So, it's Sunday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: So, it's Sunday!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:27 pm

hi d rose - happy day to you!
You did your routines even with a migraine - WELL DONE! that is really a hard thing to do!!!
have a lovely dinner out tonight.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:38 pm

feeling a bit frustrated and I was feeling behind but not any more.

so far - most is morning routine.
1. swish and swiped all bathrooms and swiffer rinsed floors. It's 2 minutes in powder room, 3 minutes in upstairs hall - dh's 5 - 10 minutes daily - dh's bathroom is always gross and I have tried to think why. It always smells (I shouldn't throw him under the toilet - oh I mean bus) but I use bleach every day on that bathroom. By night time it smells. I don't know why.
2. took garbage from upstairs
3. bed made
4. s2s - I wanted to be junky but didn't
5. dogs fed, me fed, dh fed himself
6. dog d** d** and cat stuff picked up and tossed
7. emptied dw, refilled from breakfast and lunch, counters, stove top, clean sink twice
7. dh did his morning dishes :D but then left his lunch dishes in the sink (but he washed his morning dishes!)
8. vacuumed kitchen floor/dining room floor
9. swiffer rinsed kitchen floor
10.brought laundry downstairs, flip flopped laundry (put away one load) towels need washing.
11. meds me and dogs - vitamins too.
12. I have been keeping clutter out... I took my little colorful round labels and marked all the stuff and how long it had been sitting there. eye opening. so I started to put it away.
13.paperwork
14. dh took out garbage
15. dejunked a pair of jean shorts that really looked torn and awful :shock: ;)

I need to exercise - may ask who wants to come with me for a walk.
I still need help with the piano
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Well Blessed you’ve been pretty busy yourself.

I’d like to do a bit more today but I usually call my mom on sundays and that can take up at least two hours of my time. Can’t do much while talking to her because she complains and says... what is that noise, what are you doing... why mom I’m folding clothes while talking to you or dusting or just putting things away so instead I get n my Gazelle and ride Sally ride :lol:

Tomorrow Sweetie and I have a fun day planned so any additional hose stuff will have to wait for Tuesday.

I’ve stripped the bed and ironed the sheets as they come out of the dryer. Don’t do everything at once cause it makes the sheets too full of wrinkles. Washing the mattress pad as well. Should have done that first so I could make the bed as everything comes out of the dryer.

Tried on clothes for tonight and upcoming Mother’s Day. Have them hanging so all I need to do s just put them on. Doing that in advance save me time as these are new items and I need to figure out shoes and stuff.

Dryer just dinged so off I go....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:11 pm

I can't believe I slept in until 10 a.m. - I think it is the meds - I'm still taking the full dose in the p.m. and 1/2 dose in the morning. Was a quiet morning here; dh and I are heading to the temple annual meeting in a few minutes.

Later I need to do planning for the week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Trying to make myself do something and I just feel glued to the spot. Think I'm just plain worried about dh. Will try to go do up the dishes and make myself do something while I wait. DD just texted that her niece is back but needs to go to the grocery store for some things for dd's dmil. Then she'll be home. By that time dh should have been seen by the Dr. at UC.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:08 pm

I did do the dishes and immediately my stomach was churning. :roll: But now I think I'll just pace through the house and at least get my steps up.

EDIT: IT'S 3:30 & urgent care sent him on immediately to the ER at a nearby hospital. Ah....dd just texted that they just arrived there. Hoping it's his Barrett's Esophagus acting up, but he's not had one of these attacks and certainly never this long in a long time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Dee: we're waiting right along with you here. ((((Hugs))))

Home. Service went well. We ran out of seats and then hymn books. Still that was only 12 people, the room is small!

Then we had a delightful visit at dd's place. Dgs was really happy to see me. Wonderful hugs when I first arrived and lots of "Nana, Nana, Nana!" He said hi to Boppa but didn't want to give him a hug. He does call out to him and reach out to point at him, but he doesn't like to go to him.

We had a short discussion about travel to Toronto next month. They wanted us to pick them up from the train station 40 minutes away but that won't work since only one of us can go (our car doesn't hold us all.) I'm looking at a van rental now.

We're home. We'll have leftover pizza for dinner and then both of us have work to do.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi everyone!!

Sniff, sniff, sniff... I smell wood smoke. Oops, that would be me. We have been outside all day other than brunch and supper. Dh took down a fence and cut the pieces to size and built some garden boxes. My job was to burn whatever I thought needed to be burned. It took me most of the afternoon to burn all of the newspapers that we had stacked up since last fall. Interesting to read some of the holiday ads in April.

Blessedw2 I read a hint recently that if you use a very small amount of shaving foam around the base of the toilet, rub it around a bit and then wipe it up using damp paper towels, the smell seems to disappear. I have used it here and I thought it made a difference.

2 loads of laundry and 1 load of dishes in the dishwasher this weekend and everything seems to have drained nicely. Don't die of shock, but we also cut the grass in the front yard this afternoon. I'm sure all of our neighbours and people driving by must have thought we were nuts. Dh said it was too long and if we get the heat that we are expecting this week combined with all the rain we have had, the grass would be long and thick.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Typical Sunday here with a few additions -
** Church was very good. We had 14 in our children SS class (3-5-year-olds). Teaching this class is almost easy as long as I
keep it well organized. I just need about 30 minutes beforehand to set everything up.
• Literature
• Chairs
• The lesson for DH to read and the cut-out illustrations for the children to put on flannel board while he reads the lesson
• Playdough
• Lego blocks
• Snacks & drinks prep

** Lunch after church was eaten with VDFriends celebrating one of their birthdays at our favorite restaurant. The entire staff and those eating joined us in singing to him. He was properly embarrassed but he loved every moment of it.

I got sucked into a vortex of reading/watching reviews of The Good and The Beautifulhomeschool curriculum. If you hang around homeschoolers very much you know that it is the newest shiniest curriculum on the block. Everyone is oooo'ing and awwww'ing over it. It does look so good but there is something in me that is hesitating. I can't decide what it is that I'm not completely sold on. It might be me just being a rebel because everyone seem to think it is the best ever. Why do I have to be like this? No answer needed..... :oops: :? ;)

I need to get my act together and get some packing done. We leave tomorrow morning and I have packed exactly....ZERO items other than a few food things. :shock: :oops:

Next up -
** get suitcases out for everyone and lay them where they can be filled
** Go through the protein container in the refrigerator and either pack or put into the freezer all items.
** Wash dishes
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:21 pm

those done.

I have 10 individual protein servings for lunch & dinner packed and in the freezer. They all fit into a gallon size baggie. I'll put them in the ice chest when we are ready to leave.

Next up -
** Pull out carb/grain container from the refrigerator and do something with those items. Either pack or put into the freezer.
** Gather & pack my underwear for the week
** Pack homeschool lessons for the week.
** Have DS9 gather shirts, shorts, pants, socks, light jacket, and underwear. I'll check it then he can pack it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”