MONDAY MANTRA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: MONDAY MANTRA

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm

I have done a rock drop. Hens are out on their free range time. I need to dry my hair and walked ddog. I finished a dish cloth.

Happy bd RR!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi, Blessed -- and everyone!

Not probably the best day for me to come up with a mantra.
I guess it would be: I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN...

Today IS better than yesterday, though. Yesterday, I could not sit up without getting nauseated, and even looking at my phone sorta made me nauseated. I ate a banana and about 4 crackers, and sipped on a diet coke. On the bright side, I have lost 3 pounds since Saturday.
DH awoke this morning and felt like eating -- and since we are totally out of milk and other breakfast stuff he likes, he went to Hardee's. I don't know what he ate but he's been asleep ever since.
I had him bring me a ham biscuit, and I couldn't imagine eating it at the time, but just now I heated it up and I ate that, half a banana, and a bowl of dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
Still probably should take some Imodium before trying to go to Wmart for groceries.

DH wanted us to go out tonight (no baseball, I guess) but I don't know if either of us will feel like it.
I haven't s2s or anything and it's after 3:30.

The basketball player reunion we went to Saturday was so much fun -- saw a lot of people we haven't' seen in a long while. Before we went, dh asked what time it was over, and if we had to stay the whole time. Then it turned out, we were the last to leave, LOL, at almost 3:30. DH was asst basketball coach for this man for approx 20 years, and of course, he (the honoree) was ds's basketball coach. I taught all three of his children, and his wife and I sat through a LOT of games together over those 20 years. Since we've all retired, we seldom see each other, so it was really nice to spend some time with them. She has had cancer, but is on an oral chemo drug now and seems to be doing well.

DDIL has scheduled appt to have her wisdom teeth pulled. On awards day at kindergarten, which she did not even plan on us going to -- she planned for us to keep dgd. But now she says that is the only day oral surgeon and she could work out for both their schedules (to give her time off from her job) so it will be fine -- I can go to awards day and take pictures for everyone. Things change on a dime around here.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:45 pm

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN...YES YOU CAN d LUCY but wait until you feel better !!!! please feel better!
so happy you and your dh had a lovely time!

dharriet thinking of you :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:47 pm

weeded 2 x 15 minutes near above ground pool
put bleach in (just one bottle)
put the sprinkler on for dogs - they are extremely wet and happy

next mix the potato mixture a little bit with an extra egg and make them into croquettes - I might add green onion to them or chives
(fresh chives outside finally)

Weekly routine in kitchen needs to be done but only 15 minutes. nothing great.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Still driving In Texas. We are in NW panhandle. We have seen an abundance of fllat land with sage, catus and mesquite. We have not seen any resurants for the past couple of hours. I wonder how far they drive to go to a Walmart?

There is a part of me that would love living in such an undeveloped place. At least they have decent internet service.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm

We are in New Mexico now. I really don't understand the lack of restaurants during the last 128 miles. The restaurants show to exist but when you arrive they are closed and out of business. We finally found a pizza hut that was s open. There were only 3 people eating there. So I can only assume that 99% of the people in this area don't eat out. The vehicles are mostly on the new side so it doesn't appear to be a money issue.

I caller and made a reservation at Raton NM for tonight. That will put us within 3 hour drive to the Royal Gorge. That is tomorrows destination. I want to do the Train ride there that leaves at noon tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:59 pm

so happy you are enjoying the drive d lady!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 pm

LadyM ... your trip mirrors much of mine when I drove through NM and the TX panhandle. See any fields of windmills???
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:55 pm

LadyM -- where is the ultimate destination? IKWYM about all that empty land -- sounds very similar to our trip to the Grand Canyon and then later, to Pasadena. Lots of miles of nothing. We ate at a steakhouse in Amarillo both times. It had HUGE billboards advertising it for miles and miles ahead, and it is HUGE restaurant. They also sold AMAZING fudge that they made there, I think, in all sorts of flavors.
We saw miles of windmills, too, Rose.

DH and I are both s2s, finally.
We are going out to get something for supper, so I guess that shows progress. I haven't taken anything for nausea today and I'm doing okay in that department, but still don't really have a lot of appetite. So I'll try to take advantage of that. ;) But I am still sooo achy and weak, and that is dh's main complaint today. This is REALLY the stomach-FLU, with emphasis on the FLU part -- although dh had horrible stomach distress yesterday, also. He said there is no way he could have stood this when his heart was still giving him so much trouble. He's a bit concerned now b/c his heart rate has been up to the 70s for the first time since the ablation, and the top # of his bp is a bit high too. Maybe the 150s? I forget what he said. He only gained half a pound from all the fluid he took in yesterday though.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 pm

We are checked into hotel. . I'm watching DS9 swim. I brought my swim suit but I just finished eating dinner so don't want to swim now. I might to a early morning swim tomorrow.

Our original destination is Denver to see the Dead Sea Scroll that is on loan there. We don't have a plan for when and what else we will do. This is my idea of a vacation.... No plan and no schedule. I didn't decide until this morning if we would drive north or west when we left home.

Today DH mentioned going to top of Pikes Peak. I suspect that will be a destination in the next couple of days.

We haven't seen many windmills. We have more windmills at home than we have seen here. I am finding the snow fences interesting. And the antelopes everywhere. We have seen dozens of them in the pastures grazing with cattle.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”