MONDAY MANTRA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
RunKitty

Re: MONDAY MANTRA

Postby RunKitty » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Happy Birthday, RR.
LadyM, I'm just like your DS9. Even if I want to go on the trip, I also don't want to leave my dog and my home. Once we are on the road, I'm happy to be on an adventure and give myself up to it. Hope you all have a wonderful trip.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 pm

so good to see you R. Kitty!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:05 pm

yay for your progress d Nancy!

hi d Elizabeth yay on dinner with friend and getting glasses fixed and cooking for the youth group dinner!

hi d lady. Have fun! you know I have never seen a cotton field that i know of. 8-)

hi d twins. Yay on being done! have fun with your gardening. we just put our pansies in and we had a frost on Saturday night.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Happy birthday, Rose!!! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:09 pm

dishes washing in dw
left over dishes washed by hand
counters cleaned again
stove cleaned again
potato's mashed in fridge for stiffening until dinner time. salad dressing made again, food made put in fridge and tossed out some things from fridge that needed composting.

before going outside for zone work and weeding I have to put whites in the dryer and start kitchen towels

outside weed 15 minutes, work on pool - check for wasps and kill them (as i got stung in the belly multiple times last year when I leaned in to put bleach in the pool)
weed near pool
bleach in pool

HI D LUCY!

cooking takes longer but then I do eat well and save on my budget.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 pm

I have planted some of plants - lavender and basil, and two ferns for the front porch. I had to clean up a couple of pots for the ferns and that took awhile. I also made myself lunch - salad with chickpeas, salad olives, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, most of which were going bad.

I am heading upstairs for some research.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm

well done on your outside work - enjoy your research time d twins!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:30 pm

another load on hangers to go upstairs and some folded for dd younger to put away. She has her coach meeting soon. Some really cool things I have noticed her doing - in a positive direction for her! She said it's scary but she is doing things anyway. Some really nice shots she had printed too.

alright: whites are in dryer now (I match socks on Monday when I do whites)
in washer is the kitchen towels
the load of dishes from prep are done now so I will put those away before going outside. knowing that dinner is prepped and mostly cooked is a relief.

emptied that last of load of dishes.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Called the office of the doctor who referred me to the surgeon. They will get a message to him and perhaps the surgeon's office will answer another doctor. I don't even know if the surgeon got the referral. If not, can't they tell me that? They just don't call back. Maybe only persistent annoying people are entitled to medical care. There is much less pain, but it is still very swollen and not going down. I do NOT want to deal with any more medical stuff, but I am stuck with it for myself, DD, and even the cat.

I did get my meeting homework done. As always, took longer than I expected. Very discouraging day.

I am not in a very good space to contend with a new cat. However, that is the one place I am guaranteed success. I guess today's mantra is:

just ... keep ... going

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm

so frustrating they did not call d elizabeth - call your reg. doctor and see if they sent the referral. yay on getting your work done!

Return to “Post When You Can”