MONDAY MANTRA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MONDAY MANTRA

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm

and this is why my best work is done at night.... the view can be distracting.

There's a huge fire in a highrise under construction a good distance away. Compelling viewing, compelling listening to the scanner. New building therefore no water in the standpipe system. Fires on every floor from 3 to 23.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMBLINROSE!

I am struggling today, just tired - still - from this weekend and that is disappointing to me, but I am pushing on. Trying to get some pressing done right now, waiting for the spot to dry.

I did stop to look up some paperwork online and straighten that out and call DH. Emptied DW and other dailies.

(Dee) sure hoping for some good news today.

Have a nice day everyone!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:10 pm

I was folding laundry too d rose! hope you enjoyed your coffee and perry

d kathryn great on the almost 4 lbs. even though you wanted more that IS fantastic! best on your refugee paperwork!

d Harmony I am so sorry you are struggling today and disappointed. Is the weekend that disappointed you or the exhaustion from Saturday and Sunday?
We are working together, you are not alone today as you push forward. What do you want to do first - maybe you and I can work together!

my mantra that I either have extreme love for or extreme hate (I know it's a strong and not a nice word but that inner stinker bouts about just doing 5 minutes many times): use my timer from 5 to 15 minutes. This morning I was loving it... now not so much lol 8-) ;)

every morning routine done now, even swish and swipe.
3 rd load in the washer and 2nd load in dryer - I did 2 of dd youngers laundry as she brought it down and didn't expect me to do it.(she just put away her first load) It was a nice surprise for her. Whites are now in laundry machine.
dh put the towels away that I did yesterday. I asked him this morning and he did it. So nice of him.

Next: animal inside and outside stuff to do.

I need to call the exterminator today for the attics - garage and house attic as I know there are wasp nests in them.

I also am going to get quotes on siding. our siding looks bad and we can't put it off any more.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I've stalled out and need to get going again. I looked around on the internet for a good stretching routine and also looked up the sample ballots for the local primary elections here tomorrow. Only one race I would vote in is contested.

-make the bed
-reboot laundry (fold a load)
-make an appt to choose new sunglasses
-write a check and get it ready to mail
-find the form I need for the backflow inspection for the sprinkler later this week

I took dMuffin for a slightly longer walk up a hill - we didn't go back down the other side which I consider to be the "Big Hill" just up from our side. She is tired!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Fire is long out (or at least they are down to watching for flare-ups.) The banter on the radio became a lot lighter so that's how I knew the worrisome stuff was over. They ran into an issue with the freight elevator numbering the floors differently than the stairwells so they kept sending crews to the wrong floors at first. It took me a while to realize they were talking about the construction elevator; our building has no 14 but the elevator and stairwell numbers is consistent.

Laundry is done so I haven't done nothing today but it is pretty close. It is a busy day for the fire department (there was another construction site fire at the same time as this one) and so the scanner is still interesting.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:51 pm

hi - just a quick one so i don't sit on my franny too long :D

hi d kathryn
hi d twins

roasting veggies, made potatoes (making croquettes with roasted veggies mixed in and some veggies for another time)
froze left overs in individual containers with ww points listed. So I can just grab.
took the left over steak and made fleishkierla for later tonight

dishes emptied from this am
put dinner prep dishes in dw and turned it on
dd younger needs to cook the salmon before it goes bad so we can add it to something tomorrow
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:55 pm

And done. That wasn't too bad, now was it? :lol: I'm not sure why I can't seem to get going on either the research or the planting. I also sidetracked: I had brought home a stool from my dmom's house and I've taken off the two layers on the seat and knocked off the protruding nails. I think I'm to the original seat covering, but the seat is actually split and probably should be replaced. It looks to be some type of composite rather than hardwood, but it has a lot of what looks like worm holes. The little bench is similar to a long piano bench that doesn't open and was in my grandmother's house when I was growing up. The first covering was perhaps 40s or 50s: a large flowery print, and the second was a vinyl that I'm sure my father just nailed on.

-get a return ready to go into the mail
-on the back patio, take out pansies and drop in lavender and basil in large pots (Perhaps some of my hesitation is that the pansies still look great? I am leaving some for now.)
-lunch
-head upstairs to work on writing? or continue with plants?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:58 pm

We finally started our trip about an hot ago. First driving instruction was "Drive 98 miles then turn right". If you like flat farm land then this is the perfect place for you to visit. Many miles of white cotton lined bar ditches that was blew there when they harvested the cotton fields.

DS9 is excited about the trip now. Once we got on the road his attitude improved. He is learning how to use a paper road atlas.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:03 pm

I vacuumed liv room, dumped trash, ho epedicure done, s2s happened, got eggs boiled & peeled, made mac. Salad 4 h lunches. Journal done, spiffed up bed. Yea for progress.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Good morning all! I was able to get my glasses fixed Friday AND have dinner with my friend. Saturday was my usual cat clinic, no new cats followed me home. Then, it was pick up a cake for a Sunday party, and cook for Sunday's youth group dinner. Sunday was jam packed! I led our Sunday school class, dashed off to the party, left that early so I could feed the youth group, dropped DD16 back at the x's, then called cat coordinator because they finally have a cat for me. She is leaving town tomorrow, so I thought she would want to transfer the cat that night. Thank goodness she didn't, because all I wanted to do was get home to my bed!

At youth group I ended talking to one of the other mothers who has an autistic son and a celiac daughter and sister. I think the old style evangelists have abandoned religion and moved onto diet! I don't think EVERYTHING in life is caused by gluten! Perhaps hangnails are exempt? (Who knows? In that mindset, maybe hangnails are caused by weakened fingernails which are caused by gluten.) I really don't want to be part of this club. I am not into natural "medicine". I have real medical issues with real treatments provided by real physicians with degrees from real medical schools. And most importantly, they WORK! She did give me one good piece of advice: don't bother with GF baking, just buy GF baked products. By the time you buy the ingredients, you will spend just as much. And she knows which restaurants are "safe".

The surgeon's office STILL has not called.

Tonight, I will be picking up the new cat. DD and I decided to put her in the bedroom, because Briggs spends his days in the sewing room. He does like to come to my bed at night, so he won't like this. But he wouldn't like the new cat anywhere. His ears are getting scabby again. What is LadyMaverick's nephew doing with all those bobcats? Even I don't take those! (Although there is some question of Briggs' ancestry).

Other must do's today are: Meeting homework and bane report at payroll. At home, church webwork, LOL put away, finish kitchen cleanup (and of course set up for new cat).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMBLINROSE!

Return to “Post When You Can”