TUESDAY TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TA-DA's

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 01, 2018 7:16 pm

We're done dinner now. I also put all the dining balcony furniture right-side up (we store it lashed down over winter.) We ate inside though.

I'm going to go for a walk now in order to get some exercise in. May go to the far bank and make a deposit. That will get 2 miles in. I won't make 10k steps today but if I do that I'll make 8K which is my goal for this week. I was doing 10K and then my feet started to hurt to much to walk so I'm cutting it back a bit.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello. Blessed I did reply to you yesterday but I was the last one posting. I hope you saw it.

Just the usual things today. I had to go down to church to pick up some papers at the office. They want me to do something just once a month, a few letters to send out, and I said ok I'd do that. Interesting conversation while I was there.

Man. Not many ta-da's today. I have been sewing off and on. Tonight worked on some paperwork with DH. That's about it for here today.

Dee, would be nice if they could fix DH up once and for all. Too bad it took all these years to figure out (if they finally did).

Going back to yesterday to read Sunny's link to the DGD's doings.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm

We are settled into our hotel room in Canon City, Colorado. By the time we finished doing touristy stuff at the Royal Gorge, it was after 4pm and we were too tuckered out to move on. We ate supper, went to WM and bought books for DH and DS9 to read then found a hotel. We will start again tomorrow. I am not sure if we are doing Cave of the Winds or driving to Denver...or both tomorrow. We will decide that when we pull out of the hotel in the morning.

I struggled to get all my food ate today. We were on the move so much that it was hard to pause long enough to eat. Sounds a bit crazy when I write that but it is the truth. I packed my food this morning so I knew exactly what I had left to eat. I have been eating almost non-stop since we got to our hotel room trying to today's food eaten.

DH and I tried to remember the last time we went on a vacation. Excluding going to DS's home. DH said it was in 2003 when he went on a work trip with me, but I veto'd that because I was working the entire week so it can't be counted as a vacation. We owned the MPB for 13 years and didn't go on vacation. I'm thinking our last vacation might have been in 1997. Regardless when it was....we are WAY overdue.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:22 pm

hi d harmony - I will look
sweet good night everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue May 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Tada at CI here

Monday's Mantra - I love you God and give you thanks.
yoga and jobs done that get done when helper comes. 2 LOL.
Tuesday's tada - Filled green bin and folded the ginormous fern frond into the general waste bin, both bins to the curb.
Wednesday - dishes caught up, tai chi, library, groceries, home, bins in, groceries away.
Lunch is next. A nap would be nice in my future.
There is still some washing to come in from veranda and go away. I might do that now.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Now that's a mantra, Lynlee! Perfect for every day!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 01, 2018 11:48 pm

That is a great Monday Mantra, Lynlee.

LadyM, y'all were DEFINITELY overdue for a vacation. I hope you all just have an amazing time and come home relaxed and refreshed. It sounds like you're having a great trip!

Mr. Dee is in my thoughts, (((Dee))) and hope things are going as well as possible for him!

Harmony -- and Harriet -- talking about sewing and artsy-craftsy things. I saw the cutest thing on FB today. Someone had done some of those applique shirts for kids, with the names monogrammed above a cute applique puppy or something -- and they had used fabric from their father/grandfather's shirts for the appliques.
Not that I can do the appliques OR the monograms, but I know people who can...
Dmom probably already gave ds all ddad's pretty shirts, and ds is HORRIFIED by the thought of CUTTING any article of clothing that might still be worn. He won't even allow me to have a t-shirt quilt made from all his (now too small) school sports t-shirts and festival t-shirts. I think he'd enjoy the memories so much more in a nice throw on the couch like that, rather than stuffed in drawers here that he never opens -- but he is adamant that they are NOT to be cut up like that. :roll: So -- cheaper on me, anyway.

Kathryn, I was so pleased that (last week) I passed 7000 steps for three days in a row. That's how out of shape I am. Then this bug hit and I haven't logged anything this week. I'm checking now...
This is pretty rough. I do not feel as if I have the flu anymore, and I'm going to try my best to be more active tomorrow... but since Sunday I have done very little except sleep and run down the battery on my phone. Pretty much the same thing with dh, but he has been sicker and slept even more.
Here we are -- almost 3000 steps Sunday, almost 2350 yesterday, and so far, almost 3500 today. That's just to show y'all how rough this virus is. I mean, I only logged 3600 steps Saturday, but that was the day we spent almost 4 hours at a party -- standing, but not stepping.
But -- so far I've lost four pounds. I'm amazed by that. Wish it would STAY lost.

Oh, (((Blessed))) -- I certainly hope you're not coming down with this!

WTG on that yard work, Nancy!

"obsolete business practices" term, which is a euphemism for "stupid things people keep doing even after being told not to do them anymore because that's the way we've always done it".

LOL, Elizabeth! Sorry you're experiencing the "organizational inertia."

I seem to remember (May) Pole Dancing from middle school, Harriet... I'm still wondering about body painting.... :P

And that's as far as topic review takes me... but I did want to check in with all of you. Other stuff for this day I'll put in J&C -- some for real "concern" -- some for privacy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”