TUESDAY TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: TUESDAY TA-DA's

Postby CathyS » Tue May 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi!

I tackled my desk this morning. I have been taking it slow. I even used black twist ties to lightly tie the computer cables together sort of. Basically they are under control, but not in handcuffs.

After I dusted the desk off, I took the office chair out and vacuumed the entire space in the middle of the room.

I have turned the furnace off out in the hall way. I hope we don't have to turn it back on again until early October. It is currently in the high 70's here and there are some whispy/poofy white clouds with a strong wind in the pine trees.

Dh would like BBQed burgers tonight. If that's going to happen I need to go buy some buns.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 pm

hi d rose and d cathy hi d nancy hi d kathryn
and YES I remember you and so happy to have you home here d Harriet!

I am going to take a nap. I had a lovely shower and am dressed to go out but I am going to enjoy a nap with all the windows open, sunshine outside and gentle breezes through our house. I woke at around 5 and I am happily tired.

dd younger went to get prints made of her photos and some other errands near the lake. She and I are going to the lake on Thursday and tomorrow I am picking her up from downtown. (hoping the man comes through for her to be able photograph his boat and his sailing crew)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 pm

I went to get buns and spent almost $27 on various things. We will be having coleslaw tonight now as well. Dh will also have tomatoes on his burger. I also have a new-to-me cookie which is like a butter cookie with a layer of chocolate on top. Hopefully dh won't find them in the pantry. He doesn't like chocolate, so he hopefully won't be too tempted by the fact that they are cookies.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 pm

I have done clean up after weeding another section in the back yard, hens ate the last batch so these went in the hens run. Glad for that progress today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Similar to Cathy, I rearranged my desk. I've been suffering eye strain with my setup and I'm hoping that moving my laptop away from the window in the background will help. My main screen isn't bad but the window is above where my laptop used to be. Now it is inside wall.

When we moved here, dh looked forward to the view in the office and set up his desk so he could look out the window. That lasted a couple of days and as soon as he dug out from behind boxes the room divider screen, he set it up to shelter himself from the windows. Now he just enjoys the view as he walks to his desk. It makes his corner a bit dark but that's fine by him.

Aside from that, I opened mail, I filed refugee receipts (I thought I had finished that task yesterday but a few didn't scan properly so I'm glad I checked.

I washed up the lunch dishes and dh has just started dinner. After eating and eating up until after lunch, I stopped and have lots of calories left for dinner so I'll enjoy some potato with my supper tonight along with salad and other veggies.

No progress to report on corporate year end. But the apartment is looking tidier!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 01, 2018 4:58 pm

Anyone who suspects Harriet might have dared to talk about their creativity in A, C and N today better go check - they may need to defend themselves from complete fabrications! (Get it? fabric- cations? :D :| ) Otherwise, they may need to remind Harriet what their creativity has been - she could be all mixed up! (I have lucylee down for body painting - that's right, isn't it?)

Also check around the village as all our new Monthly threads are popping up!
Happy May Day! Pole dancing encouraged. (if you think that's funny, you are of a certain age... ..)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 01, 2018 5:04 pm

The bane report problems may be server issues. At any rate, I cannot work on any of the three highest priority reports until I get the go ahead from a coworker, who is looking at fixing stuff in the underlying database. The perennial problem of physical vs available inventory, with its attendant time traveling and transmutation is still plaguing us. I have coined a new term "organizational inertia" to describe the roadblocks we keep running into. I expect is will become part of our corporate lore like my "obsolete business practices" term, which is a euphemism for "stupid things people keep doing even after being told not to do them anymore because that's the way we've always done it".

Because I cannot work those items, I decided to process the monthly Medicaid enrollment cube. A nice easy thing to do. It takes a while, but is really only a matter of setting processes in motion in a series. Most of the time is waiting, during which I could do some lesser priority report mods. Can't do it. Someone changed that database password without telling me.

The good thing about today: I have done very little procrastination, keeping on task. The bad thing: little progress was made anyway.

I have added ramblinrose's caveat about transferring home ownership to my list of questions to research on the solar matter. Many thanks! I would not have thought of that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Front yard has been mowed. Filled up a trash can of yard waste. More to do but getting progress made.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:32 pm

great job nancy on weeding!

yay on keeping on task d elizabeth!

I love your wit d Harriet! :lol:

well done on your work today d Kathryn!

I wish I could have dinner at your house today d Cathy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 pm

I had the nicest summer feeling nap but did wake up with a bit of a stomach issue. I don't want to hurt my ww points but I am going to have plain noodles for dinner. Something very plain. Time for ginger ale too. Both items not good for my points.

Feeling rested though! :D

I still have things to do:
take laundry out of dryer fold and put away
put the wet laundry in the dryer.
I was going to go to tar jet and grocery store but that will wait until tomorrow
may choose 15 minutes for something

d brother is stopping by tomorrow (ask him how to fix a couple thing)
hair cut and hair dye tomorrow at 10:30 am leave at 10:00

Return to “Post When You Can”