TUESDAY TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TUESDAY TA-DA's

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 01, 2018 6:31 am

Most of us had a hard time coming up with a 'mantra' yesterday. How about at least one "ta-da" today?

Talked just a bit with dh last evening. (Dsonil had taken a charger into the hospital for his phone). He's still on IV and naturally has had nothing to eat or drink. But the bathroom trips are many to eliminate all the fluid from IV's. Dr. had an interesting take on this attack. He seems to think that all these attacks dh has had over the years may well be an obstruction from time to time and not his Barrett's Esophagus at all. I'd say it's way past time for them to find out for sure. Know he's had these same kind of attacks for over 10 years. Almost sounds like where there's scar tissue from his appendectomy well over a half century ago could well be the cause. Know he would be glad to undergo the knife it would end these episodes.

Dh did get to see dgd23 yesterday a couple of times. His nurses let him walk (with his IV) over to the floor where dgd was working. She saw him coming down the hall and just ran to him in a full out hug. Sure that did him more good than any medicine. She came in and had lunch with him (well, she ate -he did not).

DD is getting fully anxious to fly up home on Thursday. Once she gets there, has to pick up their car at the campground (dsonil is using a company car) and head to Orchard Park to sign papers for their new camper. Should take her about an hour and a half to get there via the New York State Thruway. Forecast for the days shes's there -RAIN and more RAIN. So they'll be emptying the motor home and then loading and settling their new RV in the RAIN. Sounds like fun!

Sunny, guess the group your dgd was with DID do very well, indeed! Looked at the article.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: TUESDAY TA-DA's

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 am

d dee I am praying for your sweet dh. It's good that they are looking to help him not have any more issues!
also praying for your dd and a safe and not so rainy trip! Hope your day is wonderful! Thank you for starting us!

hello everyone - wishing you a great day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 am

I’m sitting on our back patio with ddog lying in the grass. We are just enjoying the beautiful morning. Blue sky and green everywhere. There are birds tweeting and flying all over and ddog is just taking it all in. I brought out my coffee.

I am pushing off implementation of new journal until Monday when a new week starts. Partly because I’m thrifty and have blank pages left in the old one, partly because I haven’t written out goals and intermediate steps. Why is that so hard to put in writing?

Today I’m supposed to go see cousin.of.my.father.who.has.family.bibles. I made copies years ago but copies have faded badly. This time I want to take digital photos that will last. Seeing the cousins is probably secondary. (These are the Bibles that this cousin’s dmom wanted my father to have, and that did not come to fruition after she passed. If anyone ever offers you family bibles ask if you can take them now!)

Today:
-continue on research report and try to get it “on the ground”
-visit to cousins
-gather up to sleepover at church shelter as host tonight
-stretching
-what else
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 am

what a wonderful way to start your day d twins!

so cool d twins about the family bible - can you scan them on your phone? hope you have a wonderful day too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:29 am

I missed my kitchen weeklies yesterday but I did them this morning. I could have missed them but with animals (people too) it had to be done :shock:
It took an hour today - I had not expected it to take so long. But it is done! :D

emptied the dw
I still have to clean the sinks
counters and stove clean

I think I am going to have rocket thinking today 5.4.3.2.1 Move off your franny!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am

finished yesterday's laundry weeklies - 15 + 8 minutes (spring makes it dirtier 8-) with the dogs)

I may have time to go to the lake today - always hopeful 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 01, 2018 10:18 am

-s2s
-walk the dog
-refill meds/vitamins for week
-make the bed
-fold and put away lol, start a lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 am

Dee_I'm glad to see your DH is getting good care as they search a solution.

Twins - for me if I write the goals down then it feels real. Write them helps me make the commitment to really do them. I'm glad your getting some time process your thoughts after all the life and death situations you have gone through.

We have left New Mexico and are now in Colorado. We are doing the Royal Gorge tourist things today. We might stay tonight there in the lodge if it looks interesting

I looked to get directions to Pike Peak tram and was sad to see they made the decision to not do it anymore. It ran for 126 years but is now shut down. So we are scratching that off our nonexistent list.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:55 am

hi d lady! have fun in Colorado!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 01, 2018 11:13 am

Good morning all! My ta-da is from last night: church website updated and copy of letter sent to animal org. I finally have another cat - Chelsea, a small gray female, very affectionate, even at clinic. Probably won't be with us very long. I had to get Benadryl down Briggs, so I guess that counts as a ta-da since it is not an easy process. A solar representative came to my house last night. The deal sounds too good to be true: our power company is required to be 20% renewable energy by <forgot what year>, so a combo of state and federal grants pays for solar equipment on peoples' roofs. Vivint would own and maintain equipment. I will have to research this, a call to the power company is in order.

I had 125 work emails backed up and am now down to 41. A great many were no action required. The 41 remaining are known to be non-urgent and I will go through them 10 at a time during the day. I think the surgeon's office called while I was in the bathroom.

Some advice for TwinsMom from the animal org webmistress. Use a real camera for important stuff. She cannot use phone pictures on the website, not enough resolution.

LadyMaverick needs to do the swing over the Royal Gorge! And go to Elitch Gardens in Denver. I would also recommend Water World, but I doubt it is open yet. There is also the Coors Brewery tour and a candy factory tour. (Minors are allowed on the brewery tour, they just don't get the free samples). Cave of the Winds was nice, but I cannot remember where it is. I know it was on the way from Albuquerque to Denver.

Return to “Post When You Can”