TUESDAY TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: TUESDAY TA-DA's

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:16 am

Happy May day! We got the trash to the curb.
No knitting meeting today. I was going to mow but it is raining.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Up to page 2 before I peek in.

I disappeared yesterday after going to work on the refugee bookkeeping. Finished my bit up by 4 and wrote myself a cheque for my expenses, then we walked to the refugee bank account bank to deposit $20 cash I've had sitting around and then on to our bank to deposit the cheque. Dh dropped off the drycleaning along the way and we picked up milk and grape tomatoes and came home and had dinner.

In the evening I went to work writing the financial report (using the latest numbers plus old numbers from last year.) That's when the problems began. I got a draft off by 11 but with $313 imbalance and a ton of other small in/outs that didn't add up.

This morning I awoke to an email that when I put it together with what I already could confirm we are within 22 cents so will fudge that. But doing that work took another 2 hours. I'm just now s2s and have had breakfast.

The bedroom is tidied. Last night's dishes were done this morning while my tea steeped. I got them done in 6 minutes because I put them in a sink of hot, soapy, water last night and put the grill pan in plain water soak. I couldn't believe 6 minutes included cleaning the grill pan.

I'll start a load of laundry and then tidy my desk area and think about my next bookkeeping task. Although I just ate breakfast, I feel like lunch. Or something. I have a splitting headache. Eating, showering, and an advil have done nothing to make it abate, in fact now I feel sick to my stomach. I'm assuming this is all stress.

MF wrote this morning asking me for June 24th. I'm available but was planning on spending that day with him. Obviously, that's not going to happen! I had either June 3 or 24th to see him but just gave away June 3 to the kids since now I'm driving them back from Toronto. Originally, I was driving from there to the valley on the 2nd and doing church on the 3rd. Now I'd have to drive back to Ottawa later on the 2nd and then the 2 hours up the Valley the morning of the 3rd. Not sure I'll want to do that and won't know until the last minute if I have the energy.

MF is completely swamped as well. I understand. Up until this morning I kept telling myself it would get better by the middle of June. Now I'll have to wait until July.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 pm

LadyM said:
Twins - for me if I write the goals down then it feels real. Write them helps me make the commitment to really do them.

ya think that's what I'm afraid of? :lol:

DD came by and visited and took the stuff she's ordered from Amazon for Sunday school and had shipped here. Ddog is walked, I've also rebooted laundry and am soaking a shirt.

DD is going to go with me to see dcousin. I will pick her up at work (out of the way but I can live with it) and she'll go. Elizabeth, I have a portable "light box" for photographing documents with my cellphone. It has a hole in the top with a corner that the cell phone goes into. I'm not sure it will be big enough for some of the bibles, but it's a start. Thankfully, my documents aren't on the move like your guys are!

Thanks for the reminder bw2! It is May Day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Finally heard from the surgeon. I have an appointment on 6/6. The bane report is giving me more grief. I had an inefficient function. Coworker made changes that made it more efficient. However, they introduced errors as well. So I corrected those, and it is back to running too long. I can't leave inaccuracies in the reports! These go to the feds who would love to have an excuse to cancel the food bank program. After all, giving food boxes to low income seniors is an entitlement! That money should go to help people pay the insurance on their Porsches. Have a meeting in 2 minutes so taking a break. At home I STILL need to put away multiple LOLs. At least sometime before I need to run more loads. Gotta go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:03 pm

d elizabeth - I am glad they finally called!
hope the bane report starts behaving itself!
yay on your work!

lol d twins to your response to lady about writing needed things done :lol:
how nice to see your dd! :D

hi d kathryn! Feel better from that headache!

hi d Nancy. Happy May day to you too!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:09 pm

did the bathrooms
home blessing today (much easier than my first time wiping mirrors of spots and glass and windows with smudges only) :D done
sprayed the glass doors on showers - nothing great but better than nothing
home blessing from yesterday done - dusting surfaces. done :D
I had to take garbage out again :shock:
i did about 15 in one bedroom bc it was looking gross
Load of laundry washing it self - darks

the whites, from yesterday, are still in the dryer as they need to be followed and socks matched. when this new load is finished washing I will fold it.

Truth moment: I had groceries delivered last week and I still have bags in the front - I know why I haven't put it away - I didn't do it the night it was brought in (except refrigerator stuff) and there are old and wasted veggies in there because once I didn't do it and I knew I wasted money I haven't wanted to touch it (embarrassed and yes frustrated for wasting money because I had the excuse I was tired instead of just doing it. :oops: :roll:

morning routine not finished yet and it's 12:12 ;)
I have not s2s as I wanted to take a shower after the work - junk cloths on
dishes still in sink (not a lot but still there)
meds not taken yet
no paper work done yet

I am loving my fly kat Patreon videos.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2018 1:26 pm

I have done several rounds in the back yd. The sun came out :mrgreen: , I transplanted roses, and dug out dead ones, moved rocks to be next to 8' section of fence so chicks cannot get out or other varments cannot get in.

I am considering what to work on next. Like support honeysuckle vines with branches or ? I am working along the back fence line so at least Know where I am focusing on. watching big dreams small spaces on net flicks for ideas, a gardens show in England.

It has gotten quite over grown. I had knee issues the diff knees the last 2 summers.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Morning...

I am being lazy this morning. Sweetie had errands to run and find myself home alone. That doesn’t happen very often so I’m being a slow poke and loving it.

Last night I started to bed without doing my new night routines. Stopped myself when I remember how much I’ve been enjoying waking up to fresh coffee and a clean home.

My home needs some weekly attention but I’m in no hurry to do it today. I have an errand to run and then I think I’ll read for a while. Another gift to myself. First I need to get out of my pjs.

I might even drink a third cup of coffee. :D

Forgot to add... Elizabeth, my friends mil had solar panels placed on her roof. After she died and my friend went to sell her home, the solar company wouldn’t let her out of the contract and refused tontransfer it to the new home owners. It was a nightmare to say the least and my friend ended up having to work with the states district attorney to solve the problem.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 01, 2018 1:58 pm

I ate lunch. Now I'm feeling a bit better so I must have really needed food. I certainly ate a lot in a short time. I know people who can skip breakfast or lunch. Not me. Finish breakfast at 11 or 11:30? Lunch still has to be around 12. I keep thinking it must be habit and I could break it but then I get a day like today when I feel so sick and eating the breakfast, snack and lunch, all within 2.5 hours solves the problem after giving breakfast and pain pill a chance to work for an hour.

I was craving something sweet after eating all that food so had 2 dates. I'm weighing them now and find that one or two is enough for the craving so I'm giving in to it (besides, I have tons of dates from our refugees.)

Next up: laundry, tidy kitchen and then sort year-end paperwork.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello, dear friends.

Remember me? :oops:

I have come back to the boards to see 6 red circles where I should be seeing PWYCs that I've already read.

Ramblin' since I see you "above", I remember I wanted to answer a question from you, and tell you that yes, I actually have a smoothie recipe which calls for a Tbsp of coconut butter, which is harder than the oil. It blends in well though and gives a smooth texture.

We are fine here at our house, but I have spent a great amount of time on the deadline of today's lesson I was to teach, the fallout from a situation Sunday a.m. at church which I can only call drama, and also time on what would almost be pastoral care of people who are students in the study. My family is not involved in the drama, but I only just found that out today. So. like everyone, we've spent a slightly confused couple of days wondering if anyone was mad at us. No - turns out it's nothing we could even have known. Sigh. But it will sidetrack, for sure.

The study lesson went well, although I feel I was - what's the word for someone critically watching your teaching? audited? I had anticipated tension and this time printed out almost every word I was going to say. It felt a little tense with an unfamiliar watcher, but we were okay - we welcome new attendees, so... ... Also, two women who were in anger a couple months back seem to have reconciled.

Afterward, there was the meeting to further plan the Saturday women's luncheon. I hope I was able to add some thoughts. It will be at 1:00 and the only concern I have is that those of us working are supposed to arrive at 11:30, so we'd better have fridge room to keep spoilage of food from happening. There are some who aren't coming who, in my opinion, are avoiding it because of one dh who doesn't want his wife to "sororitize" (fraternize?) with us. it was a disappointment today to hear she had RSVPed in the negative.

Return to “Post When You Can”