Hi, Hi, Hi, Beautiful Wednsday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Hi, Hi, Hi, Beautiful Wednsday

Postby Nancy » Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 am

I am up on time. Bs is great this morning, after doing yard work yesterday. Yea, got 12 eggs. I need to move branches from yd clean up the last few days, I still have two piles left to remove. Great weather for it this week. But 1st I need to do a m stuff inside while the grass is still dewy.

Waving to everyone cheering you on.

Later ...
Made groc list out.

next round
did a rock drop
One of 2 piles pf branches loaded
Taking a breather now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 am

did my once a week heavy work from the kitchen. I made it into a bigger job than it was :P (that isn't knew! :shock: :D ) it took 2 x 15 minutes
only tossed a couple things

TRUTH: it took one week to empty those grocery bags and composted all the veggies i lost :? but I did that clutter check and finally took car of it. all the la croix cans are on the shelf. did a clutter check in kitchen too.

emptied only top shelf of dw so now to the the bottom half.

yay d nancy on blood sugar and eggs!!! waving to you too!

leaving in 20 minutes
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

Hi!

Dh took the day off work to go to "appointments". Well, the first one did not go well. He wants to renew his passport, but because it expired more than a year ago, he can't do the simplified one. He also forgot his birth certificate at home. Plus, they won't take cash, only credit card or debit card or certified cheque or money order...

We bought a huge heavy duty cart that can either be pulled by hand or attached to a garden tractor. It was on sale and the sale started yesterday and it said limited quantities. We got the last one.

Dh also wants to make a dump run. (AKA Landfill Site) We might go to the Stoney Creek Costco for some sausages and salami. Oddly enough, Costco has a better price than either of the 2 Italian delis we go to.

Dh also wants to move the old wood from the wood pile and then move the wood from behind the garage to where the old wood is being moved from. I think I should take some pain meds before we start.

Weather is gorgeous here. We were awake and out of bed before 6 a.m. We have already had "brunch" and plan on an early supper out at an Italian buffet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed May 02, 2018 11:05 am

Morning...

Totally enjoyed my lazy day yesterday. Big wind storm cane through last night and like blessed started to get a migraine only this time I took my meds right away and went to bed.

As the storm started I hadn’t started my dinner clean up...so remembing how much I like it when I get up in the morning, took a few minutes to do it even though I could feel my migraine creeping in. Woke this morning migraine free to a clean home.

I know what you mean Kathryn when you expressed your internal thinking about sugar and your obese friend. I have a wonderful group of gals, perhaps 10, who gather at least once a week to do fun things. I am always asked to join, but usually decline. The problem is all are extremely over weight by 100 lbs... which doesn’t bother me... but everything they do involves tons and tons of food, whether they are eating out or spending the evening play games at someone’s home. This past weekend they posted pictures of food... cakes, cookies, dips, chips the works. And of course that is all deadly for me.

At one point we all were part of a group that wanted to work together to eat clean and have fun together. After that group broke up the girls gave up that idea and went back to their old ways. Now together they don’t have to feel guilty when they eat. I wish it wasn’t so because they are a group of fun girls but I feel hypocritical while I’m around them and scared that as they age ... most are in their late 30’s and early 40’s...that their sugar addition is going to cause them terrible health issues.

My day is slow and easy. Need to run a few errands and do a bit of House blessings as well.

LadyM... Sweetie and I enjoyed our non-schedule do what we want when we see it journey that we plan to do it again in June after his cateract surgery. And traveling with Willis makes it easier because we don’t need to worry abt when we have to come home. Plus being retired means we don’t have to worry abt that either.

Time for Perry and my second cup of coffee. Can feel a bit of my headache trying to return. It’s the weather I’m sure.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 am

Two hours later we have a new battery installed and hopefully all the electronics setup. So far it all seems okay. We are back on the road.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

I'm a bit envious of those of you who watch Perry. I miss him. I should check him out on Youtube.

I've been coordinating with the kids because we were trying to do Mother's Day observed. Turns out ds is still having "input/output" issues so asked we wait until the end of the month. I just realized that we shouldn't need an excuse to get together so sent dd a note suggesting we celebrate "It's Sunny, Warm, and we all live in the same City" Day. She said she'd love for us to come over for dinner. The plan is to pick up schnitzel from their local place which is closing down at the end of the month. I just realized it is also dgs 19 month birthday today. So another reason to celebrate!

Still haven't paid the bills I laid on my desk to attend to after snack. That will be next and then start laundry.

I got feedback on the financial report, made the changes and sent out the updated version.

LadyM: I'm glad you were taken care of so well by the dealer. Have a great day!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am

Good morning everyone! I still cannot work on the priority reports or the cube, so am onto medium priority reports. Tomorrow is my dreaded celiac screen. The solar people called last night. I'm just not sure about this. Sounds too good to be true. I did get the LOL off my bed and put away, but there is still a huge hamper full to deal with. Maybe I should stuff my face at Olive Garden tonight in case I can't eat there anymore.

DD16 had no homework last night, so she worked on her book. It is called Dragon Heroes and it has been in her head as long as she can remember. She even dreams about them. She is writing it in code so no one will steal her ideas. Not likely of course, but it's fun to write in code.

My report output has been generated, so I will go look at it now. Bye.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm

(Twins) hope you feel better.

Hoping LadyM's car repair was swift and not an all-day thing.

My allergies are awful today again. I don't know what's up with this. I didn't have this for months and months then all of a sudden they were bad again. I suppose it is the growing seasons down here or something. They say a good hard rain washes the pollen out of the air and people feel better. A short little rain just makes it worse, breaking up the pollen and adding it to the air. So I'm hoping for a nice long hard rain.

We are so dry I am beginning to "feel" it. I hate drought. Don't think I could ever live in a desert climate. It just feels so life-giving when we have good rains. I've been washing dishes in a basin and pouring the water in a bucket to take out to the bushes out front.

Still sewing in my spare time.

I've done some paperwork for DH. I can now turn a file into pdf and send it on its way via email. I thought I'd never learn to do that. It's the wording the programs use that stump me. Why would they use the word publish? Publish means a totally different thing to me than to turn a file into a different TYPE of file. I had similar problems with the save as command years ago. Now it makes sense to me but couldn't they have named it something different that made sense in the English language?

Now I'm sure all the tech savvy people here are laughing... :lol: I know I learn slowly, but I AM learning!

Off to get something done, moving trucks this afternoon with DH.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm

We have been eating frozen veg instead of fresh ones, so did not have to worry about that romaine lettuce recall.

I have loaded the branches yea me, I am taking a break. It has been a productive morning for me. I have a few more twigs to pick up from today's prunings.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I am returned to health, mostly. I laid down in the bed this a.m. but didn't sleep. Perhaps the supportive bed helped or whatever but my back was greatly improved after an hour or so. Massage therapist also had a cancellation at 10 a.m. so I took that and went on and got him to work the area well. He does a technique called myofascial release. https://www.myofascialrelease.com/about/definition.aspx

Since the Publix is almost next door I went on and got groceries. When I got home dh had come home for lunch - he has a very bad headache also. He has an evening meeting so I'm not cooking dinner for him. I made myself a wrap for lunch with deli turkey, tomatoes, hummus and fresh basil. Love it that it's basil season again.

I am actually going to try again on a short nap. The kitchen is a mess, I only did what I had to do to make my smoothie this a.m. and take meds. I dropped one of the meds on the floor and couldn't bend to pick it up so had to get out another.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”