Hi, Hi, Hi, Beautiful Wednsday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Hi, Hi, Hi, Beautiful Wednsday

Postby lucylee » Wed May 02, 2018 3:56 pm

It is a beautiful Wednesday, but my goodness... I slept till 1:30 pm, y’all — about 10 hrs — and I might not have awakened then if ddil had not called! This is unbelievable. Stomach still feels a little “iffy” but I do plan to
— s/s kitchen (before AND after supper)
— cook supper for dh and myself
— do at least one load of laundry
— go to Bible Study
I’ll have the dgrands from around 4:00 pm till after church, so might as well let the church ladies take care of them for one hour, right?

First — s2s...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 02, 2018 4:08 pm

We have finished our touristy things for today and driving to Denver now. The scenery is breath taking beautiful. The rain held off until now so we were able to see everything in our nonexistent plan for today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Beautiful here also, Lucylee!

I had a really nice nap. I hope it won't leave me not able to sleep tonight.

I am going to at least finish up a.m. routine stuff.

-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar
-make the bed
-start a lol to hang dry
-ck with appraiser re: appraisal on mother's house
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:22 pm

thunder boomers here! and that wonderful smell of rain on the warm grass and drive way.
tell me why I headache last night!

I went to the store and tar jet store. My hair is dyed and cut 8-) :D Just wanted to say hello!!!! d brother stopped by and he is going to do my wallboard!!! how nice - saving me money!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm

This has been a weird day. I'm still getting an ache or two in my lower back but other than that I'm doing well.

I'm trying to decide whether to move upstairs and work on something "real" or stay downstairs and work on other things. I think I'll stay here. I have chicken in the refrigerator that I thawed on Sunday (some of the frozen, vacuum sealed from Costco.) I wonder if it's still viable? It smells okay - I am marinating and will grill it. Can use for lunches and chicken salad also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 02, 2018 6:26 pm

We are checked into a hotel in Denver. We will go eat at the Mexican restaurant next door in a little bit. My eating plan is working well. Last night we ate at a Mexican restaurant and I ordered a green salad with baby shrimp. When I got back to the hotel I finished eating the other food categories I needed. Today at lunch we ate at Ruby's BBQ place. I had brisket (no sauces), plain boiled red potatoes and 3 bean salad. Depending on what they have available at this Mexican restaurant I will eat what fits my requirements and finish up today's food requirements when I get back to the hotel.

Today in the Cave of Wind tour DS9 freaked out. I was standing behind him so I put my arms around him when they announced they would be turning the lights out (so we can see what complete darkness is like). I whispered in his ear that everything was okay but he was still overwhelmed by anxiety and tears were falling by the time the lights were turned back on. I do feel for him. I know what it is like to have NO REASON to be afraid but still have a panic attack. Understanding his panic/anxiety doesn't make it easier to live through though.

I just finished ordering our tickets for the Dead Sea Scroll tomorrow. I took a chance not buying tickets until we arrived here. Thankfully my lack of planning worked out for us. They have about 1300 tickets available each day. When I bought our tickets they still had about 300 left for tomorrow.

We have switched hotel brands on this trip. We couldn't find our regular 2 so we stayed in a Best Western. It was about half of what we normally pay and it was very clean. This is our 3rd BW stay this week and I think it is our new go-to hotel. The rooms are smaller than we are used to but we don't spend much time in them so works out okay. I found a BW hotel 3 hours from Denver so plan on staying there tomorrow night. Ugh.....I try not to make plans on vacation but my preference for having a plan & schedule is creeping back into my life. You can take a schedule away from this gal but you can't take this gal away from the desire to schedule and plan?

DSis called in a mild panic. She is terrified of storms and there are strong storms happening. She is going to hide in her basement from them. I just looked at the radar and they are not even close to her home. They are going to pass a good 10 miles away from her. I hope she can relax soon
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 02, 2018 7:44 pm

I've had a recuperation day, I suppose. Yesterday was just so social.

I did wrap a baby shower gift and it looks beautiful. Somehow that was soothing.

Some more phone counseling came my way. Hurt feelings seem to be blossoming these days. Found myself reassuring about the friend's self-worth, which shouldn't have to happen - she's a wonderful person but someone lashed out at her by surprise.

A funny:
HRH came inside saying, "There's nothing like a display of affection from a child."
Hmmm... ... I knew the child outside with him was his grown son.
"(dstepson) just jumped into my arms."
I immediately guessed, "Snake?!"
:lol:
dstepson is well known for his basketball-dunking height jumps when he sees a snake. Sure enough, one slithered between his feet outside, and whether he meant to head that way or not, he landed at/upon his Dad. :D

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Harriet, we can lend you our resident owl or maybe our hawk who have taken to hunting over our property. Couple weeks ago we found a dead black snake, just part of it left, the other part evidently flown away or eaten. :o

We went out the interstate and moved the truck, brought it back to next job. There's nothing like following that big truck while "driver" gets lost and turns around several times trying to find his street. While getting the truck, DH gave me the tour of what he'd accomplished out there. A couple solid weeks of long days of work and he was so proud of what he did.

I'm trying to work on my project. Slow going. I have the donwannas but it needs to get done so I'm slogging along. I underestimated how much work something this big is.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm

LadyM: I'm sure you've already done this but join Best Western's reward program. They will status match with any other chains you are members of.

My experience is that there are often 'summer' sales where if you have 2 or 3 stays over a period of time you get enough points for a free night. Although I looked and didn't see anything on the Best Western website. Still, it is worth asking.

Choice Hotels has a promotion on so May 12 is my second stay and then I'll get 10K points. Last year it was stay 3 nights and get a $50 gas card. I did that 3 times over that the Atlantic Canada holiday and my trips up the Valley. Actually, I used one of the gas cards tonight. Of the three, I have 32 left to spend since we don't normally gas up at those stations. As well, when I stay on a weeknight, I get a $5 Tim Horton's card too.

We're back from dinner. I spent the afternoon working on credit card reconciliation which is a step before doing business expenses so I did do things in the right order (at first I thought I was just avoiding year-end work.)

I'm working on shutting down our family trust so got that started on Monday and was able to pay out to dd today.

We had a lovely visit. Dgs and I went for a walk outside and he gathered leaves and pet a dog. When I suggested going toward it he said, "Tickle, tickle, tickle!" and scrunched his little fingers but once he was beside it (it was 3x his size) he was was much more subdued. It was his first time petting a dog. Dd told me on the weekends he's never pet a dog. There's one at the house next door and he visits there all the time but she always locks away the dog first. This dog was older and well behaved and just sat while dgs approached her and then other children came. She has 2 children in her family so she's used to them.

I should be working on something now, but not sure what. Maybe the graveside service.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm

I think the yard in back is looking better. The house inside now so much lol.

Return to “Post When You Can”