THURSDAY TASKS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: THURSDAY TASKS

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Yeah Blessed... wto :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Hello. I'm still working away here and running out of time. There are not enough waking hours in the day, especially if I want to get some fun time in there.

Moved trucks around. Yippee. At least I don't get going the wrong direction on the interstate any more. I've figured out that dumb cloverleaf intersection.

The mailbox was full today. FULL. It is the first week of the month and all the statements come in. I am working on all that tonight because I need to know how much more money to put in the bank tomorrow morning first thing. I have enough to pay all these huge bills (we're building that big house, ya' know) but in 2 days I have to pay a subcontractor who has done a wonderful and fast job for us.

I did get all the papers from a bank lady and I'm working on those forms so we will be able to get a draw. Then my checkbook will not choke and cough when I open it.

I also helped DH water the back yard, at least until I ran out of hose length and sunlight. I told him I'd finish tomorrow. Dee, sure wish we'd had the rain you did last night. They're saying maybe this weekend. I'm not holding my breath.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SADIE!

RRose, I sure hope you feel better. I just can't imagine going through that all the time like you do.

If I was off on vacation right now, I'd like to have a general idea where and when I'm going but not have an hour by hour schedule. I'd like to pull off and nap if I need to. Road driving makes me sleepy. I have to keep so much stuff going on time around here I'd love not to have to keep to a tight schedule for once. Like I've said, I'm really envious :mrgreen: of LadyM and family traveling.

Ok back to my desk.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 03, 2018 11:54 pm

Rose, I'm Nana & dh is Granddaddy. I was going to be Granny, b/c that is what I always called my maternal grandmother, and when ds was born, we started calling dmom Granny (Last Name) and her dmom became Great-Granny. I was going to be Granny (My First Name).
However, dgs had trouble and was a late talker as y'all probably well remember, so when he started saying the "Ne" part of GranNY, I latched on to that, and Ne-Ne became Nana. I like it better than Granny, anyway. (LOL -- Kathryn -- dh always teases me when he is reading Peter Pan to dgd and comes to the part about Nana. :roll: :lol: )
DDIL's parents are Grandma and Grandpa OR Pawpaw. I think dgs uses both names for him.
My maternal grandfather was Granddaddy, and my paternal grandparents were Papa & Mama (Last Name, sometimes).
DS called both grandfathers Granddaddy and paternal grandmother was Grandma.

I think usually, no matter what you do, the child ends up with some variation of what you're trying to get them to say anyway, and oh my... once they start calling you ANYTHING -- it's just the most wonderful name in the world. :D

:D :D :D Happy birthday, Sadie!!! :D :D :D

LadyM, sounds like y'all are having a wonderful trip!

When we travel, dh always has everything on a very tight schedule... but he doesn't mind some down time. For example, when we go to baseball games, if we have a few hours to rest in the afternoon before a night game, that's always a good thing. But he usually knows exactly what we're going to be doing at any given time on the clock. It does sorta drive me crazy.

Rose, I know you are exactly right about NOT THINKING, just DOING.
Like the Elvis song on the commercial says, "a little less conversation, a little more action."
I know you are right -- that doesn't mean I always DO the right thing.

I think my inner brat is more noisy and demanding than yours, blessed!

Not a lot of action around here today but I DID manage to go to the grocery store (twice, b/c I got regular Grapico instead of Diet the first time, AND forgot to get milk and OJ, which dh said was the main thing he wanted... shaking my head (at myself). I did remember to ask for the new orange creamscicle M&M's at Dollar General. And treated myself to the cookies they have at Dollar General that are just like Girl Scout Samoas. And in full disclosure, when we went back the second time, I noticed they had the new pina colado Oreo's and when I asked dgd if we should get those, she nodded her head yes. So when she pointed and "asked" for popsicles, we got those too. You can certainly see that I am shopping on an empty stomach, right??? * sheesh * And already gained back one of the four I lost -- before I ever left the house today!!!)

Other than somewhat psychotic grocery shopping, I straightened out a drawer full of Walmart/etc bags for church ministry.

That's about it.
Talked to dmom...
Went out to eat with ds & dgrands...
Delivered $$ to dcousin for wedding shower we're all helping with for dcousin's son's wedding...
Talked to ddil... she is planning dgs's bday party for next month. He wants to have a skating party. (DH already concerned about it conflicting w/T-ball practice/game... then we realized they most likely will not have even picked teams at that time. T-ball here usually starts after the 4th of July.)

Sports stuff -- when one is married to a former coach -- y'all would not believe. :roll:
From the time ds started T-ball at age 5, until he graduated high school, I do not believe he missed more than one practice or game b/c of anything other than sickness or injury requiring a doctor's visit. And that includes playing 3 sports all through high school He missed for a wedding rehearsal once in T-ball or the next level -- the wedding of the coming groom's parents, actually -- and other than that, I honestly do not remember ANYTHING ever coming before his commitment to the team. DH was just adamant that if you sign up, you put that first and you do not miss. DS was never a superstar player -- but no one could ever question his dependability. And I'm proud of that, and I'm proud dh instilled that in him -- BUT --
I say all that to say, I just told dh he should not be surprised if ds & ddil do NOT put sports first on their list of everything.
Who knows -- dgs may play one game of T-ball and say to heck with this. :roll:

BTW -- have you all seen the film clip of the little boy running home in slow motion??? It is precious... enjoy:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/01/california-boy-3-runs-bases-in-slow-motion-in-viral-video.html
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”