THURSDAY TASKS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY TASKS

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 am

Do you have a particular task you must get done today? For me, I know the one thing I HAVE to do is do a mail forwarding for the mail we have that's directed to this address. Dawned on me since no one will be here this summer that our mail which comes here would be sitting in the mailbox all summer. Already have one in place for mail to be forwarded here from up home (Nov-May).

DD left for the Sanford airport a little after 5 this morning. At least that was her aim and I know she was gone when I came out at 5:15.

Dh has seen the Dr this morning already but hasn't said anything about going home yet. Dr. was iffy about today anyway, but more likely tomorrow. They did give him some soft foods like oatmeal yesterday afternoon so hopefully he's on the mend.

HRH came inside saying, "There's nothing like a display of affection from a child."
Thanks for starting my day with a smile, Harriet. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY TASKS

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am

(((for your dh d dee))) it's so hard being stuck in the hospital! Hope you can come home soon!
I also love what d harriet said! there is nothing like that. Thanks for sharing her quote.
D dee hope your day is wonderful and full of good news of your dh coming home soon!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 am

I did an online order this a.m. hopefully for something to wear to a wedding later this month. The wedding is at a "farm" and dress is "cocktail attire" so it's a little hard to figure out. Found a decent sleevless knit sheath dress with a flounce and hoping that works. And while I'm on the subject, what does one wear to a wedding at a beach house at Hilton Head island? I need to ck with the bride's mother to see what she is wearing and key off of that. Wondering if this sheath will work again?

I need to pay the water bill for dmom's house. Started to pay online and they charge an extra $3 for online payment. :shock:

Today:
-pick up framed map at Michaels
-visit dmom
-finish up research report? I hope!

Right now, off my tushie and....
-breakfast and meds
-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-wash up, get dressed
-walk the dog
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 am

Actually I am not sure about today! Today dd younger and i were going to do errands together but her film won't be ready until Saturday - it's an hour drive which is something we are so used to around here. It is not unusual for us in this area to go to different towns etc.

our favourite garden shop is closing and we have an invitation to go early to their sale before the public. This place has been part of our summers and winters ever since we moved here. A car dealership bought the property next to them and offered them $3mil and they decided to take it. I feel for all the people who work there (most have been there for over 20 years). dd younger and I are going there this morning.
I have a thank you card I want to give them for all their service over the years. Great place!

It poured last night - sky was green- but today sun is coming out. (a perfect wet day to weed) 8-)

I didn't do my home blessing but I will skip it this week unless others want to help me. - it was vacuum and swiffer wash wood floors (surface)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 am

I have two deadlines on Saturday:

Committal service - deadline is 12:30

The parts of the Year-end books that need dh's input - deadline is also 12:30 since we are busy with the committal service, dinner and then theatre that night.

Tomorrow dh has a hair appointment and then I'm babysitting dgs downtown while dd gets her hair done. So really, today is the only day to work on these things with minimal interruption (ds is coming over in the afternoon.)

The service is written (started after dinner last night and finished up this morning) but the 'Words of Remembrance' are only half done. There's so much I want to say but the whole service can't be longer than 20 minutes (we're all standing around in the building with the niches for ashes) so I'm guessing I shouldn't write anything more than 500 words.

The other reason to keep it short is M actually wrote out her wish for NO SERVICE (funeral, memorial, etc) and had it witnessed by her golf partner and gave a copy to her son and a copy to the funeral home! So he's going against her wishes. At the same time he needed closure and to also put his father's ashes to rest (they were being stored at the funeral home for the past decades since he died.)

Anyway, we intend to have a fun day with this but he wants me to do it because "you were her favourite preacher at the retirement home" and he wants to honour her beliefs even if he doesn't attend church himself.

OK, step away from the computer and s2s and then pull out the bookkeeping. Talk about a shift of mental focus!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 am

good morning d twins!

A farm wedding is the best!!! I am surprised by the cocktail attire for the wedding but not followed by casual dress. Unless it is a rented farm? A friend of ours got married at the lake on a beach and everyone was dressed in nice cocktail attire - dress - sleeveless too if you want with a pashmina or light sweater or shawl. (wear comfortable dress shoes because the ground is hard on high heals unless you know the venue - I am sure it will have stone or wood or hard surface for walking at the reception. My d brother's wedding was a barn reception on his wife's parents farm. Best wedding I have ever been to! The beach wedding was like regular wear for a wedding. So excited for you.

ridiculous they charged $3 for paying online.

I can't wait until i hear how that map framed up - I bet it will be beautiful.
have fun with your d mom.
cheering you on you work on your research report.

---------------------

d kathryn -you have started out running, already, this morning!!! good wishes on your day today as you work so tomorrow you can have fun with your sweet grandson tomorrow!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 am

Dee - I came this morning hoping to see an update on your DH. Glad to see he is eating again.

Happy Birthday Sadie!!

We had a restful night sleep. It rained all night long which probably helped. We will spend a few hours seeing the Denver sights, do the TEN MINUTES that we drove 25+ hours to do, then head east.

Today is DBro transplant day! They call it Day Zero. Good news - the chemo is over. Bad news - the transplant will make him horribly sick until the stem cells engraftment starts. Now he starts the phrase they have tried to mentally prepare him for. They said the lack of immunity effects will get worst each day. It will start getting better somewhere after Day +5 to Day +10. DBro is in good spirits considered he is in isolation and can't go outside. He just wants to Get Through It.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

SADIE - HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

praying for your d brother d Lady!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am

I have sat on my "tushie" (i loved that d twins) and now to do my morning routine.

Return to “Post When You Can”