THURSDAY TASKS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: THURSDAY TASKS

Postby Nancy » Thu May 03, 2018 11:01 am

Happy bd Sadie!
Home blessing needs attn. X
Need to cook noodles for h lunches. Later. ->
It is time for the rest of my meds. X

Sheets need to be cleaned & laundry maybe Fri. For this one.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 03, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 03, 2018 11:07 am

Happy birthday to Sadie! I know you have a lot on your plate but hoping you can take some downtime for yourself today!

I bet you'll spend a lot more than 10 minutes at the Dead Sea scroll exhibition, LadyM! You inspired me to take a look at it - we will be nearby when we are in CO springs for dh's trip this year in August. What's next after today? Will you go north to Mt Rushmore?

Glad Mr. Dee is getting food by mouth. Does this mean the blockage is open?

bw2, I looked at the wedding facility and it's not a working farm, perhaps the "Farm wedding" is even a misnomer. The building was constructed as a wedding venue apparently and has lots of amenities, but is rustic.

Short but meaningful, Kathryn, acknowledging she would be uncomfortable with the gathering.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 03, 2018 11:18 am

Morning...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!!

LadyM...mental battles can be tough. When I get into bad migraine cycles that can last for several days all
I can do isnto go into the pain instead of fighting it, which for me can be even more exhausting. Knowing when the end is in sight helps as I tick off the time. Sometimes listening to audio stories help to pass the time. Hard to explain but if I can immerse myself into the story it helps to pass the time. However I rarely remember what it was.

If your brother has a iPhone there’s an app called brain wave that he can down load that may help him. It’s a bio feed back program you can use for pain and is adjustable to fit the persons needs. I use it a lot when my pain is unbearable and I know is gonna last for a long time. The problem with excusiating pain that last for a long time is that it is mentally exhausting. It’s why it takes my body so long to recover after a bad cycle.

Blessed... you might want to tell your daughter about the app as well. It may help her too.

Camels are about to attack so I need to head them off. I’m sort of in a migraine cycle, but am able to control it with small doses of meds. However I drag a bit when I do this so am trying to decide if I should call my dr to set up my head shots...ugh

Perry’s on, and yes Kathryn I think you can watch him on you tube. I’ll dust during the commercials and drink my coffee as well. Need to make our green smoothies too. It’s a learning curve for me, but I’m learning to enjoy them.

It’s not easy to be green.

Twins... my “kids” just attended my daughter’s father’s wedding this weekend in FL. It was an afternoon wedding on the beach and she wore a flowered sheath dress. Not what I would describe as cocktail. She also wore short block heel shoes so she wouldn’t sink into the sand. After the wedding there was a receiption and dinner at the hotel. I saw pictures and most women were wearing similar type dresses or soft palazzo pants and tops. I wore palazzo pants and top to the rehearsal dinner I gave for my son and loved them. Looked dressy but loved the way I felt in them

My friend and I are attending a wedding n July and she’s planning to wear palazzos to the event.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:27 am

d rose thank you!
I understand the exhaustion too from the migraine battle.

d twins it sounds like fun!

Just a quick hi as dd younger and i are going out

hi d rose

hi d twins

hi d nancy!

hi d kathryn

hi d dee

hi d lucy

hi d lady

hi d harmony

hi d harriet

where ever you are hi d helia

hi d book

hi d book

hi d lynlee

hi d sadie

hi d r. kitty

hi d donna

hi d anyone I missed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 03, 2018 11:44 am

I looked at the resort info for our August trip to CO springs, and booked a hair appt for next week. My hairdresser is pregnant and will be out for at least a month. Her due date is 22 May so I am holding my breath for an appt next Friday.

Heading upstairs to work...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Dh had a lunch out today so I walked with him to the restaurant and waited until the person arrived. Then I walked to bank and took care of some followup on the trust fund, had lunch at the Bagel shop and then picked up groceries for supper on my way home. I enjoyed looking at the gardens along the way. The weather has been good (it is a soaking rain today) so people have cleared up the fall/winter mess and gardens are starting to burst with colour. Forsythias are in bloom and they are my favourite but there are also early tulips and daffodils along with crocuses. I even saw a yellow finch enjoy a freshly filled birth bath. So a delightful walk.

Now for paperwork? Dh has a call in a few minutes but is lying down and closing his eyes until then. He did not sleep well last night.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks for the birthday greetings. busy day here.

Back to the adventures

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 03, 2018 2:46 pm

I have done a store run. Got the rig unloaded and put food away. Nice weather here today.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Good afternoon! I have done the celiac blood test and treated myself to a Chinese lunch after. This was the best blood drawer I have EVER HAD. Not only did it not hurt, I cannot find where she poked me. I did feel the needle come out so I know she actually did it, but that didn't hurt either. The food was excellent too.

Last night, I did get part of the LOLs put away, all the stuff on my bed and a little out of the hamper. At this rate, I will have all laundry put away come June. The solar panel people dropped by, after calling and getting no answer. I hid out in my LR and they went away. I guess I should call them back and have them email me details. This is going much too fast for my liking.

The problem with yesterday's cube processing was that the person in charge of the database had granted me insert privileges, but not select, rather then the other way around. I don't WANT insert privileges! I have no business whatsoever changing that database, only reporting on what is in it. Today, I got the cube done and all is well.

I finally got the necropsy report on Stratton. It will make the cat coordinator feel better (me too). There were no symptoms we ignored. The prognosis for thoracic mesothelioma is not good in humans or cats. Catching it earlier would have just made his death less shocking. The only risk factors are asbestos exposure and family history, so not much to do for prevention either. Fair chance he would have become hyperthyroid, but that's no biggie in my house.

Happy Birthday to you!
You live in a village that loves you.
Happy Birthday, dear Sadie!
Happy Birthday to you!

LadyMaverick: What's wrong with plans and schedules? They take away stress. Ask anyone who has slept in the car because their not-so-Dx likes to be spontaneous. That "weekend" became an overnight. At least we had a station wagon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi everyone - I’m at the laundry mat washing a comforter - I and dd younger went to favorite garden place and it was packed! Oops got to go
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”