Friday - "Finish the process"

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday - "Finish the process"

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 04, 2018 11:05 am

Can I finish up corporate year-end today?

Not perfect (meeting with accountant isn't until Wednesday) but enough that I don't need dh around.

Another complication this year is that our printer/copier has ceased to work as a copier. I have a stand-alone scanner but it isn't flat bed so copying receipts is harder (possible but harder) plus I have to scan, then print instead of putting a stack of items in the feeder and walking away while the copying happened.

But I'm not to that point yet so that's an example of worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

Floor finishing (not varnish, it's sealer) smell is distracting me and upsetting my tummy.

My computer screens are hard to read today due to lighting in this room. I may end up moving my setup to the dining room where I can control lighting more but that's a 20 minute disruption.

Dd doesn't need me to babysit today so that is one less huge disruption.

My neck is really sore. I suspect I'm leaning into my monitor to read the numbers and aggravating it with my poor posture. I've been doing my stretches a couple of times a day but the only thing that really works is to stay off the computer or reading (looking down at a book hurts too.) And that's not an option. I don't look down at screens (they are elevated) but enlarging the accounting software numbers is not possible, there is no zoom feature in that software. I'm sitting back with heat while I type this because it is in a browser and it is set to 175% zoom so is easy to read on the big screen but the laptop screen next to it is basically unreadable.

I still have to finish the words of remembrance for tomorrow. That I can work on in the recliner so will be gentler on my neck.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 04, 2018 11:09 am

See we have a 'high wind' warning up home too, Cathy. Feel for dd as the RV sales is supposed to bring their new RV today -AFTER they come to get dd/dsonil's motorhome, drive it back to Orchard Park (that has to be a good 90 minutes or more). DD will follow them out to OP, sign all the paperwork. THEN the sales place is supposed to tow their new RV to our campground. Sounds like a long day, especially with the high wind warning. Know there were articles about the electric companies getting prepared for all that will probably happen with that.

Think I forgot to wish Sadie a Happy Birthday yesterday. So....the celebration continues -Happy Birthday, Sadie!

Bring DH's CPAP
I was quickly cuop, LadyM and at first read this as "Bring DH's C R A P" :lol: So you gave me an unintended chuckle this morning.

I accomplished just about zero yesterday. So, I'm on a tangent this morning, planning to accomplish a lot!!! Finally emailed the council minutes to our church secretary and the Moderator. Had been waiting for a report from the board of Deacons and that just never happened so it went forth without it. Not my fault.

Have a LOL going. Gave me a few minutes of pause as I couldn't find my phone. Knew I'd carried it in with me to put the LOL in the washer. Had that panicky feeling -did I put it in the washer? Whew -not the case. Found it. Hate it when I lay something down and it just blends in!

Okay off to do some things and be able to cross off more than is "uncrossed".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 04, 2018 11:12 am

I am heading out to lunch in a minute. Dcleaning lady is doing her magic, I've s2s-ed and ddog is walked.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 am

I to miss read the dee LM quote, made me chuckle as well. I have folded 2 lol and one more in the dryer so have been somewhat productive today. Journal done, time for rest of my a m meds.Bed is made. S2s x.

Finishing as in put it away is my challenge.
Hike w ddog in the field done.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 04, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 am

Morning..

LadyM, when we travel by car I pack a small carry suitcase with our pjs, change of clothes and other stuff just for that reason. It’s the last thing we pack in the back of the SUV so it’s easy access when we stop for the night. If I need a fresh change of clothes for the following day I exchange my stuff from my big suitcase to the small one in the back of the car. So much easier.

Blessed... I learned long ago to place a laundry basket in the doorway of the room I am working in. I use it to place things that don’t belong in that room so I don’t go wandering around the rest of my house till I finish n that room. Still doing this 30 years later so I can stay focused on what I am doing.

I had another migraine early last night. Didn’t get up till almost time for Perry so I am really lagging behind my usual day. Haven’t had my FIRST cup of coffee and Perry is half over. Gonna be a long day here
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 04, 2018 11:38 am

Dh and I on longer road trips now travel with bins in the back, one for each of us, and a single bag to come into the hotel. That bag holds the things we need every night (slippers, nightgown for me, toiletries and my hair stuff) and then we each pop in a grocery bag of clothes from the bin. In the morning, we put still wearable clothes into our bins and the dirty clothes into a laundry bag. When the bag gets full we know we'll be doing laundry at the next stop!

I asked dh for help with the resolution issue. One of the issues was each sub-window that opened in the accounting software (bring up a search screen for example) opened on my laptop screen and was just a blur. Making the large monitor the main screen solved that issue. Dropping the display resolution by a large amount helped some more, now everything is large-to-too-large except the accounting software which is just readable.

Turns out the accounting software displays in about 8 pt and is not adjustable at all. So I have this HUGE screen with 12 icons, each with tiny fonts underneath. Data entry is a nightmare. Four years ago it was the top 10 request for a fix. Accountants were saying their clients couldn't use the input screens. No kidding, not everyone has large dual screen setups and even then it is barely usable.

This is the only affordable dual-currency software package out there. But I'm done with it. They are harassing me regularly to upgrade because they say the software cannot guarantee data base integrity and they will no longer support the product. It is 3 years old. They want me to pay almost as much for a one year package as I did for this stand-alone package. I don't want to do cloud computing. I'll make my own backups but I don't trust the cloud for important things, nor do I always have internet capability. Plus, if I'm not at home and doing accounting work, I don't want to be trusting the hotel wireless to be a secure link for our businesses files, especially in a foreign country. Therefore, no thank you. I'll use a spreadsheet before I'll use cloud software. My business is simple enough that I can do that.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 04, 2018 11:43 am

Just realized I never reported that the hospital released dh last night. He's very glad to be home and finish recuperating from there. He, of course, has to be very careful about what he eats for a while. We've learned so much this week about this 'bowel obstruction' issue. Obviously this has been his problem off and on for years! He did say this morning that he feels better than he's felt in a few weeks. That tells me: First that the 'kinking or twisting' happens and then things start backing up from there. This goes on until it begins to make him very sick. We do know now that when these same symptoms start he needs to go to ER and IV's need to be administered to relax the small intestine -hoping that it unkinks itself. All this is to avoid surgery if they can. We know now that it just doesn't go away by waiting it out. He may have to be reminded that he needs to go the hospital I'm sure. Because we all tend to think 'this will go away'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 pm

LadyMaverick, I love my S'well water bottle. It's insulated, stainless steel, and never leaks. S'well is a great company too.
And S'well bottles are pretty!!
Last edited by RunKitty on Fri May 04, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Good morning! DD16 had no homework last night, but did not want to go anywhere. She wanted to play computer jigsaws and watch Hogan. So she did that and I worked on yarn bombing items. The two cats got too close to the same toy and started growling. DD picked the new one up to "calm it down" and we all know what happens when you do that. Serious bites and scratches. She started to feel faint while I was treating it, but did not pass out. She rightfully blames herself and now knows to throw pillows at them instead. I REALLY hope she does not get an infection, because (1) she does not need one and (2) I don't need to deal with the x's complaints about cats. It was bad enough dealing with him when I was married to him. In the past he has claimed a cat allergy for himself that two doctors failed to confirm AND told DD SHE had a cat allergy. And she wants to be a VET. I called him on the latter, and made him tell her right there in front of me that she did NOT have an allergy to cats. To this day though, many people think of me as that beach that wouldn't get rid of her cats when poor husband was so allergic. FWIW, his mother claims to get headaches from any music that is not chosen by herself. She stopped that with me when I would simply turn off the music (with ever so much graciousness and concern, of course).

Tonight, I have dinner with the church group at a Chinese place. If I flunk the celiac screen, those outings may have to end for me. It is at 630, so I will have about 30 minutes I need to wait. Michaels is on the way, I may get another ball of yarn for a sweater I am planning. I STILL have not put away those LOLs and need to finish that process tonight. This weekend should be devoted to planning our summer vacation.

I am with Kathryn on the cloud computing! In addition to not wanting my info outside of my control, I don't want to have to pay an annual fee for programs I use. Pay more + less security, can't imagine why this is the new "thing".

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 04, 2018 3:01 pm

None of my stuff is in the "cloud". Today, though, I suspect my brain is there...

Finish the process...interesting. I have a plan I follow. My morning and evening routines are set in stone. Then I try to do something to get ahead somehow, or for sure keep up. Getting ahead is decluttering something, or cooking ahead, or extra cleaning, or extra paperwork projects.

If I miss my routines, then everything goes slower and deteriorates. Clothes run out, dishes run out, bills go unpaid, things are generally a mess. If I don't keep at it to do something extra, things begin to look messy and piled up. I might have food to eat and dishes and clothes, but nothing else is picked up and just finding papers for information takes longer. That's my plan, based on P&P.

Tough day already. Helped DH load truck with heavy heavy stuff which was up really high on racks and shelves. I was worried for us both. I got more paperwork done and trip out to bank and to supermarket and gassed up the car. Came home bushed.

I need to get started again. Wanted to get the house cleaned today, don't know what I'm going to get done. Nothing if I don't get started.

Return to “Post When You Can”