Friday - "Finish the process"

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Friday - "Finish the process"

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:25 am

"Finishing the process - mindful thinking" as you go through your day. (FL Kat)

Good day everyone or evening to you - d lynlee !

Too many times as a young S.H.E. I thought to "complete the process" meant ALL or NOTHING or I felt I wasn't cleaning right ;) . I thought I was supposed to clean the whole room or empty the whole closet and then I would find myself being exhausted, frazzled and frustrated because I took on more than I could do. (and usually the stuff stayed out all over the place because I was too tired to put it back because I wanted it perfect. I thought everyone worked like this.) I didn't know that I was over-goaling or because the way I was doing it and I found myself not doing it all because I made it too complicated or too hard. Completing the process is simpler than that.

Finish the process now means, to me, being mindful to finish the dishes, finish getting dressed in the morning instead of finding my brain wondering because I saw something sparkly, finish taking the laundry up stairs while it is "warm and sweet" and put it away , leaving the car and bringing in my coffee cup etc. (and it doesn't mean I enjoy it all the time 8-) :D )
My timer helps me stick to what I am doing (also a lot of saying NOPE or when I was young I would say buzz - yes I did - when I found myself wondering away from what I was doing). 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes means I can stay where I started but not perfect!

What does "finishing the process" means to you? Are you making it too complicated? Are you seeing it as a negative and how can you simplify your thinking away from all or nothing. See the positive in this! How do you help your brain stay with the process.
Purpose not perfection

It's Friday and you can be ready to enjoy your weekend!

For May my goal this month is being kind to oneself.

have a great great day :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj0RBvGUp8 FL kat friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gokv4htTJhA Diane in Denmark Friday
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Friday - "Finish the process"

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:08 am

I woke up around 5:45 central time and the sun was coming up and then poof the clouds came in. But it was beautiful this morning! We have had lots of rain making everything grow and become green (especially the weeds)

I have a gist of what I hope my day will be but you never know 8-)

So today I am hoping to be home and work in the yard.

first things first s2s -

wishing you the best!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 04, 2018 8:38 am

I think usually, no matter what you do, the child ends up with some variation of what you're trying to get them to say anyway, and oh my... once they start calling you ANYTHING -- it's just the most wonderful name in the world.

LucyLee - you are soooo right!
RR - I am so excited for you and the possibilities!

We became Nana and Papa 23 years ago with our first grandchild and that name has stuck with all of them. Some of our Grandchildren have 6 Grands and Greats. Most of them are known as "Grandma Firstname" and "Grandpa FirstName".

Decision made. We are heading home today. It means a LONG day of driving but I think the closer we get to home the more motivated we will be to just do it. Things I have learned on this vacation -
** I would rather drive than ride in a vehicle.
** Bringing all my own drinks and food has been a wonderful amazing success. I have bought a few things to eat and drink but about 95% has been my food. I would NEVER EVER want to travel any other way.
** I don't like SiriusXM. Never have. Probably never will.
** I love Pandora. I use the free version and it works perfectly for our needs.
** I can not find a good brand of a water bottle (refillable). The current one I have leaks when it is laying on its side. In frustration, I am using glass jars which are fine at home but not the best to travel with. Although they have worked fine during this trip I am always aware that they are glass and accident prone. The search for the perfect mobile water bottle continues.
** Next time we travel I want to put all our clothes for each day in a baggie or sack. Just grab the bag/sack that has tomorrow clothes in it and go. Carrying in multiple suitcases because needing clothes from each of them is unnecessary.
** Bring DH's CPAP

I am looking forward to resuming my "normal" life. Tomorrow is a Volksmarch I want to attend. Sunday is Pioneer Day at our church and there are LOTS of activities planned for it. Sunday night there is an informational meeting to a new classical school being started 5 miles from our home. I would like to get the facts for this school to see if it would be a good fit for DS9. And on and on.

Vacation has been fun and I have enjoyed every moment of it......but I like my life and am eager to get back to it. Bring on the hourly schedule and planning! I'm ready for it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 04, 2018 8:41 am

Up and about here. I need to get the straightening for the dcleaning lady done. Today I'm having lunch with a friend/acquaintance who may have a genealogy research project for me. I don't know her that well - her dh works with my dh. Tonight is temple and first Friday dinner.

Yesterday I didn't get to Michaels and I didn't see dmom. I did, however get close to the end on the research report, and ordered a dorm size refrigerator for office upstairs so I can keep cold water.

Gotta get moving....

Breakfast and meds
straighten up
walk the ddog
s2s
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am

Hi!

I've got some kind of bug. Sore throat for sure. I slept for over 13 hours last night. Lots of nightmares included. In one, I lost my car and I was walking through strangers homes trying to describe where it was. In another, I was having problems driving the truck, and it suddenly became a minivan and both of the people that said they would drive it for me after I got in the back row were sitting in the middle row and there was no driver even though we were moving. I think me trying to scream in the dream ended up being what woke me up. Just before I got into the back seat, I asked someone else to drive because the pill I had just taken must have drugged me. The person who gave me the pill was the one that sat in the second row. I also dreamt about being in a massive grocery store looking for a pint of cream and they had everything else but pints of cream.

Wow.

The only time I woke up to go to the bathroom it was raining but not a heavy rain. The bedroom windows were open and it sounded so nice.

No plans for today. No plans for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 am

oh my d cathy - that was definitely some nightmare! Your body must not have felt well while you were sleeping. Hope you feel better as the day goes on

hi d twins have fun with your luncheon! good for you on finishing your report

hi d lady great idea of individual zip lock bags for each day.
have a lovely trip home!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 am

No plans for supper.

Cathy - So strange to see you write these words. I love your menus and always look forward to seeing what you and DH will have next.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 am

s2s :D
Paperwork one hour - :shock: but done :D I have no idea why - listed spending, went through catalogs, wrote checks for new things that came in and stamped them for dh to take to post office, pulled calls that I have to make.
I have to make a call to pay taxes.
I have to respond to a birthday invitation
call on class at botanic gardens - french garden design for amateurs - dd younger and I will go together. it will be a busy weekend and this will make monday after that fun.
must call botanic garden to find out about cancelled class
Started a new booklet for my purse
cleaned out my purse

I am going back to sleep because I feel like a headache is around the corner. I am tired and that kind of tired usually means the headache can go bad.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am

Dh just called. He "might not" be home for lunch. He also asked me to make him a hair appointment at one of the largest malls near us. HIs appointment is for 6. He always teases me about how much I like eating at the food court. I usually order Greek lamb chops. I really don't think my body is up to handling that tonight.

Kathryn's area has a weather warning for really strong winds tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 04, 2018 10:56 am

We are almost ready to hit the road. Later than I would have preferred but without a schedule time doesn't matter. :) we are 578 miles from home so it is going to be a long boring driving day without much diversity. Miles and miles of flat land.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”