Friday - "Finish the process"

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Friday - "Finish the process"

Postby Sunny » Fri May 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi, Blessed! ;)
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 pm

The building movement is actually frightening it is so strong. Both dh and are getting dizzy from the movement. He's still standing at his desk so the swaying catches him more than me but between the movement and the vibration of my chair, I'm on edge.

The window is vibrating like mad which is seen as well as heard due to the reflection of the lights in the room in the glass.

We had to drag in as much of the balcony furniture is as we could fit because it was flying all over. I hope no big spiders came in as well but since the flower pots are all inside, that's likely. Sigh....

I can't even look at the chandelier but I think it is moving more than last wind storm. I saw and heard a transformer blow out of the corner of my eye and my touch lamps keep going off in response to power flickers.

Before it got this bad I manage to get up to January done in the bank reconciliation and Feb and March were easy months (no money came in) so the main bank recs are finished. The Paypal account is next and in a way it is more problematic since it is in 4 currencies not two but I'm half done it already.

I still have more invoices to enter into the system as well. They didn't get paid until after the end of the year so didn't get entered as I did the bank rec.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi! I am Grandma here, although when the kids pronounce it it's more like Gramma. No D sound. DH is Grandpa, which sounds more like Grampa. The funny thing is, one DGSon calls DH GPA (like gee-pa) and that's what he writes on his cards. He's just being cute I guess. One DGSon (another one) calls DH Papa ___name___ to differentiate him from his other grandfather who is Papa __his name__.

I don't care what they call me, just call me something!

What a day. Anxiety producing. I did get sheets changed and 2 LOL hanging up. Sat down for a breather and woke up 1 1/2 hours later. So exhausted. DH had rough day too. No electric on his job and his compressor wouldn't work with his generator for some reason. We loaded big heavy one up in his truck tonight.

Worked on paperwork part of the evening. Got another 3-ring set up to keep track of all this money in and out for the house. I stopped in at bank to find out rules for receiving wires from the VA bank, and got a whole page of instructions. :shock: Yikes! And a $15 charge every time they do it. This time we're due over $50K. Man!

Of course, DH forgot to get customer to sign the form we need his signature on. :roll: We'll never get paid at this rate.

Dragged the sprinkler all around the back yard and that is watered. DH hand watered the front.

Brought in the tall ladder and opened up 2 of the AC vents in master bedroom. DH is always cold if that air hits him but if he's going to sweat all night, he's getting some AC whether he wants it or not. We had a "discussion" about that tonight. :roll: He works outside in the heat all the time so he thinks 80° is cool.

I guess I'll drag myself to bed.

Kathryn, that sounds so scary. I was once in Chicago up in the Hancock building and looking out we could see the building swaying. We were told it was made that way. Scary. And Cathys, that is hurricane force winds. I'm glad you are ok.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Honey - We are home!!

Home Sweet Home!

Our front door was unlocked when we arrived home. We told the DNeighbors how to unlock the door (using a code) but I guess we forgot to tell them how to lock it. Or maybe it was DD that left it unlock?? >>>shrugging shoulders<<<< Ohs well. It appears anyone that came into our home while we were gone didn't take anything. The items in the cellar were not moved so I guess it went unused during the storms.

Sam still does not have a home. He has been in a kennel for almost 2 weeks. He was neutered today. I told DGS23 that I would take Sam. Either I will find Sam a home or give him a home here. I KNOW. I KNOW. i know ...... the likelihood of Sam still being with us 10 years from now is high.

We stopped 30 minutes from home and washed the Suburban. It was a mess... rained on all day yesterday and today was covered with bugs. Thankfully it took less than 5 minutes to get it 95% clean.

We have carried everything inside but haven't put everything away. I have the ice chest draining and other things in progress. I will work on putting everything else away tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow morning I will leave around 7:30am and drive 1.5 hours away to do a Volksmarch. I l-o-v-e doing these. DGS21 is going with me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 pm

I will never buy another vehicle that doesn't have Adaptive Cruise. It is the most wonderful invention. I would give up having a radio, A/C and heater in a vehicle before I give up the Adaptive Cruise. IMHO it makes driving about 75% safer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Thinking about all of you in those high winds. DD's RV was delivered in that terrific storm. Winds up to 70mph. Know dh said our RV was moving. He hadn't been around the campground yet to see if there was damage. C Olton's RV brought dd's new unit all the way from Orchard Park (which is where the Bills play -west of Buffalo so a good distance). DD got back well before them. When they went to hook the RV -no electrical hook up cord. REALLY? They were closing it all up when dd left OP. The guy that delivered was to do another delivery when he got back to OP and decided that wasn't going to happen. He had to go all the way back to OP, pick up the connection and drive it back to the campground. We're talking almost 2 hours each way -and in all that stormy weather? DD and dsonil are spending the night in their new RV and dh is home alone. He was tired and was actually in bed when I talked to him.

Thanks, Harriet. Dh is very glad to be home. He is on quite a restricted diet for at least a month. Going to have to be creative in what he can eat I can see. No roughage -no corn, broccoli, spicy, and I don't know what else but I know it's extensive.

Night all. See you in the morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Gma is what one of the grans called me.

We are back had take out from our fav local taco stand at the park, it was great. Perfect weather too.

I returned a shirt that did not fit.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 04, 2018 11:48 pm

In keeping with the theme today, our outdoor dining table is finished. Dh flipped it upside down to keep it from flying off in the wind when we dragged in the chairs. But somehow it lifted it up and dropped back down. Tempered glass is everywhere. That will be on me to clean it up because I'm not likely to get to it tomorrow. No time.

I've finished the Paypal bank rec so I'm now left with two hard reports to do and 3 easy ones. Of 14 items on the to-do list 7 are done but with some things being super easy now, I'm more than half way through for the time. I do note it is midnight and my sermon for tomorrow isn't done. That will be my focus in the morning. Hence no time to clean up glass (also a broken pot inside the dining room, it broke outside but dropped again when we were hauling stuff in.)

Another tree is down in the front of the building (residents are comparing notes on the facebook group.) One came down last fall. They were trimming trees yesterday but I guess not enough. It is likely another of the pine trees. They are 50 years old so we really can't expect them to be surviving these repeated storms.

Return to “Post When You Can”