oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:34 am

I picked it up - it was in my hand!- where did I put it? oh my gosh oops I didn't put it where it belong! Oh my gosh look at the clutter that had babies!

I don't know if you do this but I do this a lot. I am not being" mindful" to "finish the process". "kat"
I leave my car and leave the cups in the car, I come in the house and throw my keys down (where, I do not know :shock: and later it takes me a half an hour and my whole family to try to find them), I take off my shoes while watching tv at night and somewhere they hide themselves under the couch, I leave the dishes in the family room and garbage, I leave the vacuum cleaner where I used it last and not put it away and then one of us falls into it.

It is not being mindful. My family isn't mindful on purpose and I am the same. But it still creates chaos over time. It isn't worth it but I do fall into every so often (I did that the last 3 days).

How can you be mindful with things that you are doing. can you hang up the keys? (finish the process), can you pick up the can of la croix water and put it in recycling before going to bed? Can you ...... ????

How can you follow through and be mindful of what is in your hands? Finish the process. (it's small - not big)

have a great day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k78th1pw08 A better life with Kat Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydVSASvMG9Q&t=83s questions with Kat

No Diane in Denmark on weekends
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 05, 2018 8:46 am

I am doing a tada list today so I can be mindful of how much I am accomplishing instead of how much I still need to do.

I tend to focus on the to-do's instead of celebrating the ta-da's. I am NEVER going to get everything done so it can be overwhelming to me to always be chasing the non-existing end of the to-do list. By having a ta-da list I can celebrate my accomplishments. I have finished 16 items since I got up 2.5 hours ago. Sweeettt!!!

DGS21 arrived 30 minutes early this morning so he is hanging out in the living room with his puppy. I am listening to my FoF phone meeting while finishing up my AM routine.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:31 am

I agree - celebrating the ta-da's is what we need to do!!!
Have a great day d lady! WELL DONE ON YOUR WORK!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:42 am

I missed my walk with sil's :x I have been fighting a background headache for the last 3 days and I woke at 4 am and knew that wouldn't be good to wake up and stay up then. So I slept! So frustrating.

today: dinner with multiple family members.
run errand with dd younger

What I am facing this morning: dogs!!! :shock: 8-) :D Dogs took the garbage and tore it all over the family room and kitchen!

Truth: I over ate yesterday evening - mindless thinking -I do this when my brain is under pressure from back ground headache, last night. I even had Coldstone ice cream. I haven't had ice cream in forever but I was so full and I still eat that. It's now behind me so that is a good thing.

Time for my morning routines before picking up after dogs explosion of garbage because I just can't (can't deal with it yet) pick up yet - I know gross!!! But I want a success before hitting this mess. I can do it!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 am

:lol: Oh my gosh look at the clutter that had babies!
Oh yes, clutter begets clutter!

I've been up for a while and gingerly started my day. I have a LOL going in the dryer. Decided to clean the kitchen last night before bed so that was a good feeling this morning. The bed's made, meds taken, breakfast done and I'm sipping a cup of joe. Had to find the papers I filed last spring after scanning them. I think I have it -it was right within 6" of me. Have papers ready to scan and my aim is to scan 10 pieces a day. That's doable (and most likely more). I

Imagining dd/dsonil waking up in their new camper. Dh said it was delivered yesterday in those stormy 70mph winds. Not a good thing. Sure they'll busy getting it settled today. Friends lent totes for them to empty the motor home. Those were all sitting on their deck under an ez-up (which they lowered for all that wind!)

Dh had things he had to do today. He plans to go to the Fire Department's "200 Club" tonight. Doubt he'll be able to eat much if anything. They had their fund raiser raffle a couple of weeks ago and DS-A won $300. Think that's a first for our family. There'll be lots of drawings tonight as well. This is a twice a year fund raiser. He had planned to take dsonil with him but since dd is there, that's not happening.

We had a poodle/terrier mix quite some time ago (she lived to 18). We finally learned that when we went out -all of us- that we had to put the garbage can up. She'd get mad -especially if we went for ice cream (and she DID KNOW!)- and we'd come home to garbage spread across the kitchen/entryway, Blessed. Not fun, but she was so loveable that it made up for it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Sat May 05, 2018 10:01 am

Good morning friends! Good evening Lynlee. I have a day with NOTHING on my calendar. And it is a beautiful spring day to boot. Such a treat! I need to be careful not to fritter it away, though.

I've gotten the a.m. routine under control. I'll shower and start laundry after my jog, but the kitchen has been reclaimed, dogs cared for, the bed is made, and I've taken care of email for now. I've also brushed and flossed. I don't like jogging with a dirty mouth.

Major goals for today:
1. jog 6 miles
2. laundry
3. decluttering - work files
(4. make a drop off at the Salvation Army?)
5. pick up branches and sticks that are still in our yard from a storm last month
6. make progress in my book club book -- meeting is Thursday evening, and I still have 300 pages to read
7. date night with dh: dinner out and maybe a movie

I'm dressed to jog, so I'm going to get that done before it gets too hot! I can't believe I can finally write that! :)

Have a great Saturday all!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:05 am

waving hello hello at you two as well d dee and d helia!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 am

I had left the days dishes and cooking stuff from last night but that routine is done!
Dishes rinsed and now in dw washing themselves! It took 1 x 15 plus 4 minutes because I had to scrub the dishes bc I didn't rinse them after using - but it's done 8-) :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 05, 2018 10:32 am

I need to be careful not to fritter it away, though.
Yes, me too, Helia. Good to see you btw!

I find myself procrastinating on the scanning project. So! I've listed the steps toward at least starting this. Now to get off my franny and do it! Did take a couple of pieces out to the mail box and I've been pecking away at some things I needed to get done. Not the least of which was laundry.

Here I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>diving in!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 am

I have to scan too!
hi d dee again!
always a joy

Return to “Post When You Can”