oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 am

did another 15 minutes in kitchen - just doing put away, washed the counters bc I left it from yesterday, washed the stove, and cleaned the really dirty sink. but its done!

did another 10 minutes in kitchen - vacuumed and then swiffer rinsed kitchen floor - I have finally reclaimed my kitchen.

Next family room as d dogs ( :shock: :D ) tore through the garbage and brought it in there too (big time)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

Ah Saturday! Dh is out at Torah study, then he'll walk at the gym and then has a massage. I actually have made a list of stuff to do today:

-tomato plants into ground
-geraniums and asparagus ferns into pots in the front
-grocery (wine and cheese for tomorrow, what else?)
-gas up the car
-dog care, nails, ears, chin
-research and writing!

Hoping we won't try to go out tonight. Kentucky Derby is a big evening for restaurants and bars - we do have leftover chicken in refrigerator. Tomorrow night we have friends over for wine and cheese, then going out to a nearby restaurant. We're supposed to get rain later today, another reason to get tomatoes in the ground this a.m.

Gotta get started....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 05, 2018 11:19 am

I remember moms geriunms I never could get them to live over in the winters like she did.

I seem to be fighting a sore thoat or cold, getting a load to eco woll be all that is attempted here today I think. Glad I did great progress yesterday.

I noticed I had too much stuff in my hands to be productive yesterday. It was a great observation.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 05, 2018 11:26 am

Took photos of the damage in view, put the camera down in the kitchen, put tea and chocolate on my side table in the living room, went to get my computer and remembered the photos needed uploading, got the camera, started the computer, moved the tea and chocolate to my desk since I'd be working there with the big screen, went to put the SD card in my computer. It wasn't in the camera, it wasn't in the computer, it wasn't on my desk, and it wasn't in the kitchen. Returning to my desk and looking while standing, I caught a glimpse of a corner of it under my chocolate container!

Had I just been mindful and finished the process by putting the card in the computer when I pulled it out of the camera!

I'm up, dressed mostly (underwear, pantyhose but not dress), fed, updated facebook with photos, surveyed our balcony (aside from the table, all's good) checked out others (some fine, other's not so much.) The roofing material on the small building took a beating and wood from the railing they built around the top of the roof is in the driveway. It only fell 12 stories.

Hair is still wet.

I let my nails dry while working on the sermon for this afternoon. It is actually short. Start to finish is 12 minutes (I promised under 20.) I have no idea timing of an informal introduction if any, and the putting of the ashes in the niche. In fact, I have no idea how that part will work at all so shall chat with the funeral director when I get there.

The service is now all done and printing. Dh is working on cleaning up glass. We leave in an hour so there's lots of time for me to eat, style my hair, maybe makeup, and dress. Plus put the service in my preaching binder.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am

Sure there was plenty of damage from those winds yesterday, Kathryn. Haven't heard from dh yet today so have no idea what kind of damage he found around the campground. Inevitably somebody will lose an awning at least. Sure there's more trees down as well.

I finally got to the scanning and got the new default set for my documents. I've gotten rid of a lot of paper in there that either needed to be recycled, shredded or moved to dd's office/art room. I probably have less than 1/2" in the bin to scan. But then I have multiple files of medical papers to file. Want to get those done so I don't have to carry that big file home with me. But now that I've started I can sit down and do just a few at a time in between other jobs. So nice to have a working computer again! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:53 am

alsace is filled with geraniums - I always loved that. just a quick hello again as I have to leave soon.

I finished the dog vs garbage mess and vacuumed the family room floor. got rid of the old vacuum cleaner bag. first floor looks spiffier again. wiped finger marks on first floor - not many this week. :D

Next vacuum the dining room and swiffer rinsed :D and front hall. same and done :D

took care of cat stuff :D but did not do the dog stuff outside yet.

washed front of steps and steps going upstairs :D (zone work front hall) 9 minutes only :shock:

asked everyone to vacuum their rooms.

time for shower to shoes

heading out .. have a great day
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 05, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:54 am

hi d nancy,
hi d twins,
hi d dee
hi d kathryn

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Done with outside stuff. I've been putting red geraniums, an asparagus fern and a trailing vine in my two planters that flank the sidewalk for several years. I have red and contrasting pillows for the rocking chairs, bench and seat in the front - it coordinates nicely with the blue/gray house with white trim. My neighbor across the street starting using red geraniums too - she told me once she loved mine when she looked at their house - their house is a light mossy green with white trim and the red geraniums are gorgeous there also. I started to do a little clean up but realized it's still pollen season - my car window was dusty yellow yesterday, so I'll hold off a little longer.

Heading upstairs to my quiet room!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 05, 2018 1:56 pm

I am usually pretty mindful when I'm doing things. But stuff gets lost in the shuffle of all the papers; I'm in the middle and phone rings, DH wants directions so I go for the map etc. or other information for him and then back to the papers and simply can't find the one I put down. Anywhere. Happens a lot.

My keys I have that pretty solved. Most of the time. I have a clip on the ring and as I get out of the car I clip those to the ring that holds the purse strap. Pick up the purse to go out and my keys are there. Except when I come in from the car with my hands full and don't bring the purse with me. Then I put keys on the rack by the door. It's when I forget to do that they go missing. Not often.

My glasses are becoming a problem. The lenses are not right for my eyes now. Blurry at long distance. So I take them off to watch TV and put them back on for everything else. Thought a glasses 'necklace' would solve that problem, and I bought one, but it catches on my hair every time I'm on and off with them. Annoying, so I took that off. And I'm back to searching everywhere for them. And I'm in panic mode when I don't have my glasses because I can't see up close and can't read even short distances. Absolute panic. :o

DH can never find anything! I do a lot of searching to help him.

Worked on that bank file all morning and just finished. Still have to copy the form and adjust something on it.... and fill in another spreadsheet. I made a few other sheets to keep track of all this money stuff. Set everything out nicely with my calculator on dining room table and DH and I sat to figure it out once I had all the forms done.

When we were done together he was out the door. Paperwork is not his friend. He gets very stressed and tired. Hmmm like I don't. Yeah. Table is covered. Going to organize that and straighten up what I can.

Wanted to clean the house. Will try to do what I can.

Kathryn, that's horrible about your table. We have round glass-top and I bring it in when we have hurricanes. It takes up a lot of room.

OH JOY! WE ARE GETTING RAIN. NICE AND STEADY! I hope it lasts.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 05, 2018 3:35 pm

We went to ECO with a load of branches so glad to have that done yea, did a rock drop, and a bit of weeding. Am feeling better yea for that as well. Ddog did a met and greet she is doing netter with those, and was good around tree removal equipment.

They had no line at the eco place and the load came out perfectly it went perfectly yea glad bc I was the person who loaded it!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 05, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”