oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: oops ... "mindful thinking" Saturday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 05, 2018 3:54 pm

I was up early this morning. Willis and I left the house at 8. His training class is at 9 but almost an hours drive from my home. I am enjoying the drive even though it one the freeways. Thirty years ago I had to drive 65 miles one way just to attend college. Sever years later I made a six hour turn around on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons every third weekend once I divorced. Did that for four years and a four hour turn around for another 5.

I don’t get to drive long distance much any more and I miss it. Love to settle in, turn on tunes and set sail.

Had a great time with the other dogs and Willis is wonderful around them. I am now very confident that I can take him most anywhere. The other dogs are not as calm and settled as Willis is which is great because ignores them even when they get a little wild.

Home now...it’s Derby Day. I made simple syrup, water and sugar, and am waiting for it to cool. Nest up mint julips...Kentucky burborn and syrup with mint over crushed ice. Taking a pitcher over to my friends to enjoy. I’ve been watching the derby for more than 50, so I’m enjoying the day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Done the committal service and reception after. It went very well. Lots of laughter which is wonderful. She was a great lady and if we had to break her wishes and have a service I wanted it to be full of laughter and joy, just as she was.

Lots of compliments from the family. And we enjoyed the reception after.

Now we are in the lineup for car wash. Long line just before closing on a lovely day.

After this, home and walking to the pub for dinner then home to take the car downtown to the theatre.

It is a busy day!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Twins - your planters sound beautiful!

(((Kathryn))) ((((Cathy)))) so sorry about the storm damage to your things.

I enjoyed the VolksMarch this morning and found out about 5 others planned for this area this year.

DS43 is in San Diego celebrating his 44th birthday (Monday). If DSon had been at home we would have made the trip to celebrate with him. I'm thrilled he and DDIL both love to travel. They are well matched in things they like to do. They are both avid Crossfit participants and go to the gym together several times a week. It makes my heart happy they do so much together.

My Ta-DA count for today = 34
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Mindful thinking??? Ha! I think I don't even know where my mind IS...
I know I say this all the time but oh my goodness, I am off-track.

It started really with Thursday night -- I'll put more in J&C -- but suffice it to say, I did not get any sleep until almost daylight -- and then it was very broken sleep b/c the phone kept ringing. Friday afternoon -- dgrands... Friday night -- dh wanted to go to a movie. Slept all day today and dgs is here now. I think really, for the next two weeks -- wait -- for the rest of this MONTH -- there is SOMETHING on the calendar for Every. Single. Day. except the 22, 23, and 28. I think my body is just in self-preservation mode.
Now, some of these things are very small things. For example, tomorrow is just church and Wmart. Monday is just meet with dmom & dbro to sign POA for dmom. But there is SOMETHING I am responsible for every single day, aside from just the normal day-to-day dinner/dishes/duds, you know???

Boy -- I know most of you have weeks like this more often than not, and much more responsibilities than I do -- but if I let myself, I can get really overwhelmed with all this.

BUT -- I have to tell you thank you, blessed, because today I listened to Kat's videos while putting on my make-up, etc. She was talking about keeping up with your routines EVEN WHEN life is getting out of control, and I know she is right. So I'm making a fresh resolution to re-start this month (now that I'm free of the stomach bug) and get back on track.
I understand what you were saying about being ready to get back into your routines, LadyM -- but I know that trip was just what the doctor ordered for you, dh, and ds9! I would love to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. (Sorry you missed your ds43, but glad he's having such a good birthday weekend!)

Between the stomach bug and Nana-duty, I have really been missing a lot of time with you ladies.
I haven't cuop very well at all :oops: but I am so sorry to hear about your storm damage, Kathryn & Cathy.

Also glad to hear the service went well, Kathryn.

So good to hear that Willis is doing so well with his class, Rose! And sounds like your dog is doing very well, too, Nancy! WTG!

I totally missed the Kentucky Derby. Not that I'm big into horse racing, but dh usually watches it, and I am pretty sure I was asleep when it was on. I don't know if he watched it or not.

Harmony, we do a lot of looking for glasses around here, too. DH can't watch tv WITH his and can't read WITHOUT them, so he's doing the constant on/off thing... while I can no longer read anything without reading glasses. So I have a pair of cheap reading glasses in my purse, by the bed, and in the bathroom with my Bible and devotional materials. And I still spend too much time looking between rooms for a pair. :roll:

Talking about patio furniture -- I started out last summer, really trying to take care of the cushions on the chair and chaise lounge that I brought home from dmil's. Well, we get a lot of surprise showers around here, so it was a constant thing, it seemed -- put them out, bring them into the carport, get them out of the way of the car, put them back, etc etc... So this summer, I've just kinda said to heck with it and they are really beginning to show it -- mildew in the creases of the fabric, etc. Of course, they are no-telling-how old, and I have a spare set, so I'm not really worrying about it -- but they don't look good, that's for sure.
I also have a cheap metal table and chairs, painted beige/off-white, but they are rusting and in desperate need of fresh paint, and if you sit on them, you get that a powdery beige/off-white residue on your pants. * sigh *
There's a lot that needs to be done around here. :oops:
I'm embarrassed for y'all to see this, even in your minds! LOL!!!
Twins, you house sounds BEAUTIFUL!!! I think my dgmother used to have geraniums all the time on her front porch.

Dee, WTG with the scanning and shredding, etc. Hope your dh isn't having to think about a big mess at the campground -- he needs to just think about taking care of Mr. Dee!

Anyway -- this is just a check-in to let y'all know I'm still alive. ;) I plan to be more productive again soon! Maybe I am manic-depressive or something? Some days I just do sooo well and I'm really amazed at myself -- and then other days, I can barely get myself out from under the afghan.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 pm

We moved the swing set yea us it will be so much easier to mow!
Walked around the block a coupke of times to see the progress on tree removal one block over.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 06, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Our rain didn't last as long as I'd have liked, but it was nice and steady for a little while.

I thought I was pretty well done with the paperwork when I last posted. Just had to copy some figures onto a form. That was until I started thinking about it all.

Long conversation with DH about it all. I found several things to change and several things to add. And I did a pretty big search to figure out something with the xcel program. People were complaining about the same thing..... one person said here we are 15 months later and still the same situation... and I went back and forth over and over trying stuff and finally got it right. People were calling it a glitch. I remember a similar thing with the old program, but it wasn't hard to figure that one out.

Stopped for a bowl of soup which I couldn't really eat because my stomach is churning from all this.

Made copies for customer to have which will keep him from saying, "HOW MUCH?" :shock: :o He's getting a nice spreadsheet of everything we've paid so far. Not $50,000, it's $73,000. Yikes. No wonder it's taken me this long.

I hope I can sleep tonight.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Sleep well, Harmony - you deserve it.

Kathryn, I'm so glad you have stopped swaying!

It is always cool to get to see
helia!

The women's Luncheon took up my entire day.
Prep, prep, prep plus one more trip to grocery for fruits.
Took enough extra fruits to replace when something ran out.
An hour of helping with decor and table setting at church.

A little nervous as I assembled the platter in church kitchen - one lady's ddil came with her and she is just a chatterbox and a hover-er. Ugh. (plus a little bit of a gossip - and I'm not good enough in the kitchen to work with a sharp knife and dodge gossip at the same time!)

I put a photo of the platter in A, C and N, because that's as close as I've gotten to a creative outlet in a while! The ladies who worked the event decided I got the "art award" (made up) while I was rushing back home to get things I'd forgotten! (I didn't get the organization award. surprised?)

The event itself was a joy. The lady who organized insisted upon each woman telling about herself. And honestly, that was just the sweetest time - lovely, lovely women, all so different, but each expressing themselves so genuinely. We learned new things we'd never realized about each one. Dd19 had been a late arrival, surprising us, which delighted everyone. She was our youngest. Following many who had said how those who went before had meant so much, dd19 thoughtfully told them that they were the ones who meant so much to her.

The clean-up was a breeze - the only people there were people who seldom make a mess and clean as they go! :lol: We laughed at ourselves trying to find anything that had spilled, stained or needed sweeping - nada!

We left with note-card-pack favors and the little bouquets from the tables. I'm so happy to have had such a loving day in our church, and happy for dd, too, that she could witness it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 05, 2018 9:37 pm

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2018/05/04/predators-catfish-caleb-daniel-heart-transplant/579575002/?utm_medium=twitter
Sweet story for all you hockey fans -- I think you'll like it no matter who you're cheering for! (You'll probably like it even if you're not a hockey fan, LOL!)
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Oh, Harriet!!! I'm so glad you had such a nice time with the ladies of your church -- and so glad dd was able to join you!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”