Mastering Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Mastering Monday

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Today sure feels like a Monday. I hope everyone else is having a better time than I am. I have new decor in my house - a green garden hose snaking from my defunct hot water heater to my backyard. DD16 has exceptionally good hearing (it's an autism thing) and I was very grateful for it. She heard the leak. It had not reached the hardwood floors and is contained in the utility closet. Tonight the solar people are coming and I don't want A SINGLE OTHER THING TO DEAL WITH!!! I have a headache from stress, but have determined which heater I need to get tonight and set up the install. One good thing - the surgeon had an opening Friday, so I have a morning appointment, then the installation. This means instead of burning vacation time, it is legitimately sick leave. I should get my celiac results today too. Whatever they are, I need to call my brother with the son who may also be affected.

I did FINALLY get that last LOL of laundry put away, and even put away the new one. I am washing a lot of towels for obvious reasons, but they put away fast. Neither the DW nor the MBR shower work without the water heater. Fortunately, the guest shower has separate hot and cold, so I can get clean. I have requested the key to the ladies shower at work from tomorrow until Friday.

I did get the church website updated and some cleanup around the house. Tonight's plan: dry towels, meet with solar people, buy hot water heater. Tomorrow, I have DD then must deliver a cat, Wednesday is a board meeting, Thursday is DD, Friday I have doctor and installation, Saturday is all day at the cat show, and Sunday is with DD. Maybe we can go to the amusement park. Or maybe I can sleep all day.

I wanna go home and go back to bed. Maybe I can wake up and this is all a horrid nightmare. Between travels, potential surgery, and water heater, my finances are a wreck.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 pm

I don't know how mastering I'm doing, but I am trying very hard.

Was up very early but not really "awake" answering questions for DH and then when the house got quiet once again I fell back asleep and slept a long time. Panicked when I saw how late it was when I woke up 2nd time. I am still getting over Saturday's work I guess. Sunday I got stuff at store to take to a family gathering then it was whole long afternoon of socializing. Stopped at 'new' house and picked up cans for our garbage pickup.. and back home.

Caught up on dailies and since businesses are open today I took care of all the stuff I couldn't finish Saturday. Trip to bank and supplier to pay bill. Needed that receipt for the draw inspector.

Next: Put laundry away, do some sort of cleaning in the house. It's getting ahead of me once again.

Elizabeth, so sorry about your hot water heater. I guess you have to get a whole new one? No fair things piling on. You and me both.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Feeling good that I 'mastered' that pile of papers to scan. Have finished the last 28 pieces of papers that have accumulated since we got here last fall (I think). Now to pull out all the papers (mostly medical I think) that I brought south with me. Will work on getting those scanned/filed over the next few days. May do a few later today. Right now I have to go sort the ones I just did into their proper stacks and get them filed. Have to label folders first, but that should be 'mastered' in just a few minutes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm not entirely productive, but have watered plants, participated in the noon webinar, and talked to dd. We made green salads with grilled chicken over for our lunch. I started to make tofu hash and drained the tofu, then realized I have the grilled chicken that needs to be used. So now I'm cooking up the tofu hash for later lunches. At least it's quick and easy.

Dh will be home for supper so dd is planning to come also, and ds may or may not come. I decided to thaw steak.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:36 pm

trying hard is mastery on its own d harmony!

hi d harmony hi d twins hi d dee hi d elizabeth hi d kathryn
and hi d everyone.

I wish I could enjoy your posts today!!! I am so behind and it is already 1:30 almost. I have things I "have to do" in paperwork, phone calls and other responsibilities.

I have 10 points left today so I have to be very careful. I love the scanning thing on my phone for WW and it helped me when I went shopping. Some things are just not worth bringing into my home 8-)

TRUTH MOMENT 8-) :roll: :lol: yesterday I emptied old veg and fruit onto counters and in sink to place new groceries and fruit and veg in the fridge. I LEFT IT THERE ALLLLL NIGHT AND IT STUNK WHEN I WOKE UP. I had to go to vet with younger old dog and came home and OH my Goodness!!! I finally got all the old veg/fruit in compost bin, cleaned out sink, clean counters and put dw on. I still have a few dishes but I rinsed those for later.

Time for garden cloths and finish my morning routine.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Well I 'mastered' making a mess. Happened to think I needed my old H P external hard drive. Think I have some meeting minutes on it from when we called the pastor up home. I managed to empty some spaces, without putting things back. And where was it? Right on top of my dresser beneath a pair of slacks I'd put there to be mended and packed. (Hmmm....I might have searched like a male counterpart). Now to plug it in and see if what I need is there THEN I need to put it in with my other computer stuff -a logical place -what a concept! :roll:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 pm

H went in later at work they said to come in later, I did not get up till 7. Got the sheets in washer & dryer and back on the bed. Rebooted the dishwasher, that went great bc they were rinsed and ready did not do em Sun. Had been ill. Vacuumed the bedroom, emptied the trash.

Made up cooked pasta for h lunches. Eggs to peel are cooling now.

Watching valcano updates from Hawaii fasinating. S2s done. Nearly time to let the hens out for free range time .
Get my lunch & walk the dog in a bit.

I painted valcanos and pineapples on rocks. They are drying.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 07, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:29 pm

hi d dee, hi d nancy. hi d lady

I finished my weekly cleaning in the kitchen.
glad it looks spiffy.

I will do my home blessing, surface dusting,next even though I want to do the laundry room weeklies
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I was unable to get last year's files to open up on my old external hard drive after all. Then I figured out the file I was looking for was probably on my new S E A G A T E external HD. Couldn't find it there either. Then I was inspired to look at my compiled Annual Report for 2017. Aha! The meeting that I thought was held in 2018 was actually held on 12/3/17 and was included in last year's report. Alrighty then! I'm up to date, That makes me feel good.

Okay then.....back to work with sorting and filing all those scanned papers.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 07, 2018 4:11 pm

This has been the easiest homeschool restart we have ever had. Usually, the first day or two are horrible after taking a break. But today DS9 is focused and not having any problems with Math and reading. He even made a comment about me giving him easy papers to do. Huh? We are doing decimal, fractions, multiplication, and division. None of this has ever been easy for him. Normally he sits next to me for help. But today he went and sat in an easy chair with his puppy and did the papers by himself. :shock: AND his handwriting is neat.....and I didn't even need to tell him to write neatly. :shock: I am wondering if this immense improvement has anything to do with starting the CBD oil usage last week? Hum.....IMHO, it is too soon to say because he isn't taking a full dose yet.......but this is just downright weird. I have documented every single Math paper he has ever done, I know his weakness and strengths......I know I am not dreaming it. SOMETHING has changed big time! I just hope and pray that it continues.

I have used my time wisely this morning and made huge headway in the long list of things that need to be done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”