Mastering Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Mastering Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Praying with you, LadyM, that you have indeed discovered some good answers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:19 pm

I am praying with you as well d lady!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 pm

did my home blessing - surface dusting throughout house.
I also swished and swiped upstairs bathrooms and took down garbage.
I still have to do swish and swipe in the powder room.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 07, 2018 5:22 pm

I've contacted a Dr (psychologist) in the big city to see if he can potentially help DS9 learn how to do CBIT. I am waiting to hear back from him. I am not confident about taking DS9 to this person. This doctor has written 6 books and I'm in the process of skimming them to see if I can see signs of him being a quack or weirdo. I'm not sure what that says about me that I am so skeptical.

I've got DGD6 from school and fed her a snack. She is about to lose her voice but says her throat and ears don't hurt. She said the only thing that hurt is her stomach because it was so hungry. Now that she ate 2 waffles with peanut butter and a glass of milk her stomach doesn't hurt anymore. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I have gotten the church deposit finished through to bank, unusual for a Monday but I'm thinking this will help if dd19's move takes a lot of time this week.

Picked up the copies of the candid photo I took of HRH a few weeks ago sitting on primitive cabin porch. One will go into a photo-frame card for his mother for Mother's Day. She always says she doesn't have good ones of him as an adult. I know she doesn't want to start collecting family photos at this time in her life, but this one should make her smile.

Enjoyed a phone call from dd38 as she drove home from work. They may come visit the first wkend in June.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:29 pm

yay on getting that deposit done d harriet! what a sweet gift for your d mother in law!

I have no problem with being skeptical d lady! It is better to see the situation from all sides.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Came home and went to start on the balcony and then realized it was 5 minutes before the test of the new emergency alert system on cell phones so decided having earphones on at that time was unwise! Sat down at my computer, got distracted and it was the chiming of the clock 5 minutes after the test was to be that had me looking at our local subreddit. The Quebec test failed completely this morning. The Ontario test seems to be about 75 - 80% of the phones didn't alert.

I then wasted 20 minutes following the fall-out.

Finally got outside and set up the balconies a bit more (still no table so the dining table isn't really set up) and then came in and worked on the living room. Moved the plants away from the hot window, vacuuming well as I worked. Watered the plants, found signs of mites on one so moved it outside. It will likely die tonight in the cold but if it lives, it will add to the greenery outside.

Gathered up the radiator humidifiers and am getting those cleaned to put away.

I've had my dinner and am waiting for the sun to move some more. At this time of day, it comes in the north window and hits the east window and reflects right into my face, so I can't work well until it sets some more.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 pm

I am hitting a slow spot. I didn't get out in the garden today and I really wanted to but I will work outside tomorrow if the weather is good.

trying to look at what I did do rather than what I didn't do.
dinner is done (and boy I could eat more if I would let myself :shock: ;) )

Promising myself I will clean up dishes after everyone finishes.
If I have the energy I will finish the weekly work in the laundry room.

hi kathryn too

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 pm

ugh. This is not looking good. I have skimmed his books and some websites he runs. I have watched a youtube debate this potential doctor participated in. His stance in the debate is that all the AA type programs using 12 steps don't work. Since I am currently heavily involved in learning/doing the 12 steps, I have a strong opinion about it. The doctor opinion and mine couldn't be further apart. I think this doctor is extremely smart and well trained, so do I put my unease aside and take DS9 to him anyway? Ugh.... I think I'm going to pass. Surely there is a doctor out there that can teach CBIT to DS9...... and that I can look at the doctor without the word "fool" popping into my mind. I don't think me and this doctor are a good match to work together.

>>>came back to the pc to find I didn't hit submit when the phone rang<<<<<<

After getting off the phone wishing DS44 a Happy Birthday, I was watching DS9 drive the go-cart. I stopped him and went over the safety things just to make sure they were fresh in his mind. One of the things I went over with him was in detail discussion of what to do if the go-cart flips. We discussed where his hands should be placed.....keep them on the steering wheel and don't grab the roll bars. Guess what happened 5 minutes later? Yup. He hit a fence and flipped it. *sigh* I was standing in the kitchen watching him through the window when it happened. I didn't know I could run that fast! DS9 right hand is scrapped & a swelling some but he can bend and move it normally. Otherwise, the 5 point harness and roll bars protected him. I am thankful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Got all the laundry folded or hung away. Clean sheets folded into the drawer. Sure looks better in here.

Another bunch of work after DH called and then came home with papers. I'm thinking this will never stop.

After dinner (thank you to my sis-in-law for sending home a couple pieces of chicken and potatoes from yesterday) I did dishes and carted that water out to pour on the grass.

I am so tired. I did sleep a bit before eating. DH is just as tired as I am maybe more. He went to bed at 6:30.

Tomorrow HAS to be easier.

(LadyM). Glad DS is not hurt badly.

Return to “Post When You Can”