Mastering Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Mastering Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm

I've worked so hard today, I don't want to work this evening. I just want to go to bed early. This could be very bad (hard deadline is 12:45 on Wednesday.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm so impressed, and proud of you hard workers.

I am not among you today. Mondays are near down-time for me, mentally. Yes, the errand-type work gets accomplished but back home again I collapse. I did not nap today, which is a victory.

Tomorrow will be my day caring for toddlerC. ds and ddil called (speaker phone) and gave me the option of doing it over there. I hope they didn't really want me to for some reason, because I declined. When toddlerC and I are here, "we" can do laundry, put away dishes, sweep, etc. If my phone rings I'm here to answer it. Over there, although I am in the lap of luxury in their pristine new house, and no chores, I feel uncomfortable as 6 hours pass without any of my own agenda continuing. I've always had household activity going while caring for children, making the activity part of our time together.

Frankly, my house can't take many days without housework, lol! If you take Sunday out and then Monday is a near washout, Tuesday better start back toward normalcy!

LadyM, I am torn. Part of me wants to remind you that every knowledgeable expert we ever consult is probably dead wrong about something else. But then I think about your point on how you would feel looking at him and listening, knowing how wrong you think he is on a subject important to you, and I see how the discomfort level could get in the way of learning from him.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 am

If you take Sunday out and then Monday is a near washout, Tuesday better start back toward normalcy!

Boy -- ain't that the truth, Harriet!

I have not mastered ANYTHING today.

Well, I guess that's not true. I --
s2s, did Bible reading
filled dmom's dispensers,
went to the drug store for the two rx's that were short for the coming week, plus the ones that will run out before I can fill NEXT week's dispensers
took dgs to art class
met dmom at doctor & delivered dispensers
cooked supper
watched half of The Greatest Showman with dgd (while dgs & dh watched Legends & Lies (Vicksburg) on the dvr)
cleaned up kitchen
kept dgrands alive for 6 hours ;)

But any sort of cardfile/routine tasks... nah.

And, I'm having some of my old-style anxiety spinning around in my head a bit -- worrying about dgs playing T-ball this summer. Isn't that crazy? I just worry about how he will adapt to the practices and games and everything -- will we really see the signs of autism that dh keeps denying? Or will it be a wonderful experience for him and help him to relate to the other kids better and make friends more easily? Will he get a coach who is patient and understanding, like his kindergarten teacher, or will he get some nut? (No way ds can coach; he is out of town almost every weekend and I imagine there will be plenty of Saturday games. Maybe they will get him to help with practices, though.) Will ddil stress the importance of stick-to-it-ness or will dgs get a lot of bench time simply b/c she & ds allow other things to take precedence over practice/etc? Will ds/ddil be able to manage practice schedules or will dh and I find ourselves doing a lot of the brunt work of that?
Lots to think about when children start organized sports -- especially when said child's grandfather is an ex-coach, as I've noted before. A somewhat OCD ex-coach.
I am so glad dgs did not start this at age THREE, which believe it or not, some kids DO in this area. :roll:
Talk about OVER-THINKING... I know, I know. Aren't y'all glad you don't live inside my head??? :lol: :roll: :oops:
I shall strive to just RELAX and enjoy...

No idea what tomorrow has on schedule for me.
DS & DDIL plan to be home before time to go to nursing home, then ds & dh will return to Next Town for that. Whether ddil will go or not, I don't know. Whether I will be asked to keep dgd & pick up dgs at school, I don't know.
Each day is a new adventure...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”