Tuesday Adventures

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Adventures

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm so angry right now, I'm blown off productivity once again.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Just got an exceeds expectations on my review. We are all getting a 2% raise come July.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Elizabeth - Congratulations on the excellent rating! Well deserved IMHO!

I wonder how long it takes LadyM to make those lists?

I'm guessing it takes less than 10 minutes. The schedule and to-do's are just one of the 12 tools (items) I do each morning for the FoF accountability group. The Bible study takes me 20-25 minutes which is about 1/2 of the time I spend on all 12 of the tools. Another tool that takes more time is planning and reporting to my sponsor every meal category & portion size that I will eat today. The remaining 10 tools takes me about 15 minutes to do them, so I'm guessing the schedule/to-do takes 5 of that 15 minutes. I've done this type of scheduling daily for the past 3 months. It kinda embarrasses me because other people get stuff done and do it without needing so many details.

I have hit my goal for today (80%) so I am going to put my feet up for a bit and work on the Cancer Prevention Study. They estimate it will take 45 minutes to fill out their form. My muscles are tired from Tai Chi class so I'm not going to Yoga class tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Worked until the sun was reflecting on my screen. Got out our Chinese screen and balanced an umbrella on top and worked another 20 minutes until the sun was reflecting into my eyes off the other window. Got up and finished the vacuuming and mopped the floors.

I'm making slow progress but I am further ahead than I was.

I'm having decaf tea. At some point I have to make the decision: work until all hours or go to bed and try and finish up in the morning.

Dinner will be cereal and berries and milk. Just waiting for the floor to dry.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 pm

sweet dreams everyone or d lyn enjoy your day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Well, it is very nice that my post could inspire SOMEONE. It certainly did not inspire ME for today.
I made a conscious choice of 'relationships over routines' today and went to the nursing home with dh & ds, even though my presence was not needed in any way... and I didn't even get C hick-Fil-A out of it. :roll:

DGD's eyes were deemed "okay" by the eye doctor but he wants to see her again in one month to make sure there is no inflammation. He says there is not NOW, but there is SOMETHING he wanted to re-check -- possibly she is recovering from a mild case of conjunctivitis, he says, and ddil thinks that is very possible since she herself also had some sort of eye problem and suspected that. It went away on its own, and possibly dgd's was so mild they didn't really notice? The eye checks are part of the juvenile arthritis concern, and usually she goes every 3 months.

Elizabeth, thank you for the reassurance of T-ball as a good thing for dgs! He does seem to like rules. DS was explaining the Golden Rule to him one night, and dgs said, "It's good they made it a RULE." :lol:
More on that in J&C...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”