Tuesday Adventures

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday Adventures

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 08, 2018 6:37 am

Each day is a new adventure...

Thank you LucyLee for today's theme. :) I borrowed it from your post yesterday.

I am looking forward to reading what adventures this SHE village will have today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday Adventures

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 08, 2018 6:45 am

My lazy way of posting......Cut/paste from my daily BuJo page
Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for over planning. This is how I am able to reign in my HUGE sidetracking desire.

schedule
6:00 FoF Accountability group & 12 tools
7:00 Breakfast served
7:30 FoF call & walk with Buddy, DS9 & Sam
8:45 Bible & Devotional with DS9
9:00 Math
10:00 English
11:00 Reading
Noon Lunch served
1:00 History/Science
2:00 Tai Chi Class
3:30 Get DGD6 from school
4:00 ECL - Reading Rangers
5:00 Dinner served
6:00
7:00 Yoga class
8:30 Kids baths & bed routine

To-do's
• Follow up on Suburban Title
* Cook brown rice and package in portion sizes. Freeze.
• Research doctor to teach CBIT to DS9
• Visit hair colorist
* Call termite people in A town
• Send the video to Bobbie Jo
• Order pikepass for suburban
• Cancer prevention study
• Letter from school to DD
• Decaf tea to Mom
• Trim DS9 fingernails and toenails
• Monthly Flea/tick treatment for the dogs
• Trim my hair
* SMS DBro, DSis, DGS21
* Daily call to Mom
* FoF Kickstart Meeting
* Bathrooms deep cleaned
* Purple bucket
* Trash day
* Order Emotional In 2.0 books
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 am

Harriet: Hang in there, girl, I'm bringing the vapors to help bring you round from the faint Lady M's post is sure to have caused! I'm a bit woozy myself from skimming over it!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

Good morning, LadyM and all who follow. Thanks for starting us!

You need to show that list to anyone who asks you "How do you do it all?" The answer is planning and minimizing distractions. Thinking about it, I'm sure you work hard to minimize distractions for ds9 so that may be why you are aware of how to keep your own focus.

Speaking of distractions, the sound of construction work somewhere is interrupting my thoughts as I try to post this. Sigh....

Last night Harriet made this comment:

I've always had household activity going while caring for children, making the activity part of our time together.

That's my feeling too. Yet I'm specifically not allowed to do anything at dd's (except wash up my own dishes, and by own dishes, I mean the things I've brought from home.) I literally leave the high chair tray, dirty, on the counter with all the dirty dishes. Interestingly, I've forgotten to put leftovers back in the fridge multiple times since putting things away is part of tidying up and I'm not to tidy up.

I find myself on edge because I feel I'm wasting time, not because I mind the mess, although I ache to put things into order (like load or unload the dishwasher or fold a basket of laundry.)

So all I can do is take dgs for walks outside, or sit and play with him. But he could be left to play beside me instead of with me (which gets old after an hour and I find myself watching the clock.)

Books remain the focus of his life. He's 'reading' to himself now, sitting, turning the pages and saying/signing the words he knows from each page. On Saturday they took a stack of his books with him as they walked 8 miles around the neighbourhood looking at the yard sales. He sat in his wagon and read to himself for a good portion of that time. Dd didn't know he was 'reading' until she peeked into the playroom one time when he was 'too quiet' and saw him doing it. He's always had favourite books, including ones from the library (or as we say "the place where they keep the books" since if you way the proper word, he's like a dog who has heard the word "walk") but now he's taken to hiding his favourite under the couch cushions so they don't have to go back. Again, she spotted him doing it one day out of the corner of her eye.

Hmmmm, I'm spending too long writing about dgs. I need to get to work so I can finish the business books and then go visit him. Probably not until Thursday, though. Sigh....

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 am

Yep, looks about like my l ist of things to do, LadyM. I glanced at our bedroom when I walked back through this morning. THAT has to be on my priority list, Been pulling out this 'n that to pack and let me tell you the room looks like 'it's packed and ready to go' somewhere. Only thing is, not everything is packed -just sitting here & there.

Had a super night's sleep Sunday night -last night was the complete opposite. :roll: Need to make a W mart run sometime today. Have a few gallon jugs in the car to get water and there's some things I'm just out of. I like an English muffin for breakfast and I've been out for days. Have a protein cereal I'm eating, but find I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Talked to dh last night and he's feeling much better. TMI as to the why. Finally he said after 9 days. :) He said he'd made his follow up appointment for the 14th (next Monday but wasn't sure of the time). Kept thinking he already had one on the 14th -he does! With his orthopedist -his prior one from 4/25 was postponed. If there a good distance apart, it will be good because they're both in the same section of the city near the hospital. But he was in bed so didn't have either time.

Hmmmm, I'm spending too long writing about dgs
Nice "distraction" though isn't it? I surely would not do well here if I could do 'nothing', Kathryn. Sure we wouldn't be spending half the year here for sure. I need things to do.

Time for meds, make the bed, shoes & socks, breakfast and coffee. I'm off to great adventures!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 08, 2018 9:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: with Kathryn! I agree, LadyM, you need to show your Bujo to anyone who asks how you get it all done!

I like LadyM's style myself. The BSJ that I'm using emphasizes "time blocking" and I'm working toward that. Having a.m. routine done at 9:30 won't happen today, but I am farther along that most days.

I have an 11:30 dr appt follow up for the neuralgia in my mouth that was causing the pain. I am pain free now, but having a few side effects from the meds, mainly dizziness/unsteadiness. I am hoping I can cut back on meds a little. A dfriend who is a neurologist also mentioned a time release form of the meds that I might could take once a day now that we've established the efficacy of the meds.

This afternoon I have blocked out for portfolio transcription work. When at the state archives several weeks ago, I reviewed the original document I am transcribing and was able to improve the image and blow up what I needed. I need to complete that work and work on the research questions and plan. The noon discussion group was about this part of the portfolio so I want to work on it while it's fresh on my mind.

Next:
-s2s
-make the bed
-reboot laundry, fold a load
-walk the dog

That will finish a.m. routine. I started a load of laundry when I got up this a.m.

Dee, I'm so glad that Mr. Clutter is feeling better today. ;)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 am

Just got back the appraisal finally on dmom's house. Dnephew (dsis's son) indicated that he and wife would like to try to buy it but I suspect that there is no way they can get a loan for the amount of the appraisal. I will not sell it to them or anyone else as seller-financed. It's too risky and I don't want to ever have to get the house back!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 08, 2018 10:16 am

I did a m routine while the coffee brewed made the bed swish n swipe done, amazed how quickly that was accomplished. Journaling done. Trash is at the curb.I dusted last evening.

I used an empty feed sack to empty the vacuum canister worked great.

No Tues. Mtg. I need to pay attn to home blessing finishing that up I put my li-t in that thread. Then later on do some stuff on the deck with planters.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:20 am

I think it's great that you put that there. When it works for you it works! I love the time block you made for yourself!

thank you for starting us d lady - I didn't know you did yoga! how neat!

d twins - totally agree not to do a finance for them. I love my family but this is a risky thing - If they get a loan from the bank that is one thing. I wouldn't want the stress if they couldn't pay the mortgage.

d dee - yay on a great night sleep. So happy your dh is feeling much better!

d kathryn good morning too.
I find myself on edge because I feel I'm wasting time, not because I mind the mess, although I ache to put things into order (like load or unload the dishwasher or fold a basket of laundry.)
I never used to feel like that when I first started with pam and peggy but after I worked their program i began to feel exactly the same! I just love hearing about your sweet dgs!

hi d nancy. yay on trash getting to the curb and yay on dusting yesterday! look at you on your morning routine. It does get faster, doesn't it! Good for you.

hello everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am

Happy day to you!!!

I love a new day especially one with sunshine

today the hope is work outside.
I woke up at 8 again - I keep waking up at 4 and force myself to sleep and then oversleep.

Ready for my morning routine. (late 8-) )
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”