Tuesday Adventures

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Adventures

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 08, 2018 2:25 pm

I always think of the lady with her hand over forehead.
Exactly how I pictured you, Harriet!

Home again. Dr appt went well, I can cut back on meds and go off entirely if I don't have pain. Also asked for a script for my tub of a low level steroid and cream for my super dry skin. I don't need it so much in the summer but I wanted to ask while I can remember I need it. Last time she wrote the script it was for the ointment stuff, which was too much, almost like vaseline.

Got to the grocery and drugstore, although I'll need another trip back to the drugstore in the next few days. I came home hungry and groceries are mostly still on the counter while I eat a big green salad with some leftover steak and chicken and chickpeas for the slow carb. I would have liked to go see dmom while I was out, but it was warm enough I didn't want to leave groceries in the car that long. I hope I can get back out this afternoon.

Trying to time block out the day, I somehow estimated I could be home by 1 p.m. It's past two now and I haven't put groceries away. I do have three days this week without dh underfoot so I won't have to cook if I don't want to, and my evenings are my own for research.

I'm having a hard time getting going again. Perhaps my bottom is stuck?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:00 pm

I always think of the lady with her hand over forehead.
this made me smile!

glad dr. appointment went well d twins. hello d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm

I am super cranky! you might even say I feel angry. (boy I don't like that feeling) :roll: :? ;) I love the grace filled feeling.
trying to get past it. cleaning off the bill stuff and cleaning up table helped me geel more in control.

My kitchen table is finally cleaned (surface and not at all perfect) I added the extender. My paperwork and bills are put where they should be and I can go back to 1" paperwork stuff starting tomorrow. I am not sure how the whole thing blew up - I use my kitchen table for my desk during the day and for dinner at night. For the last week I have not been able to use the kitchen table for what it was supposed to be used for. But now it is clean and my desk trolly thing is clean and organized again. I am still not sure how it exploded! POW! BAM! KERPLOOIE!

It is already 2:10 here. I know I have to make the spaghetti squash and zucchini squash for tonight. I have turkey meatballs in freezer to defrost.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Called celiac screen place and the results are not in. I will text dBro and DSIL as to why I have not called with the info. Done with knowledge transfer meeting. Need to transcribe notes from this one and the one last week.

I have an employee evaluation this afternoon at 330. I dread those. At least I didn't have to fill out paperwork for this one.

I am going to work on a new report in a different area now.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm

I would have swooned just writing out LadyM’s list. Way too much energy just doing that.

Clock time for school wouldn’t present a problem as I followed something similar while teaching for twenty plus years. Even now when I am sitting at home and look at the clock I find myself thinking...at this time I would be teaching my second period class. And at 4 I sometimes thing... gee it’s time to head home and start dinner.

Now that I’m retired and it’s just me and Sweetie I find no need to block time. Even when I was a stay at home moms I just started my mornings and worked through my day, making adjustments if I had something scheduled to do.

I just kept a running schedule in my head. However once I started working and had a family it was easy because Saturday was always for housework and Sundays for laundry and I usually shopped for groceries on Thur after work.

I am way more lack with schedules now that I am retired ... was thinking about that while cleaning out my refrigerator and putting stuff in the garbage. Now it’s more see it and do it when I know it needs to be done. Must admit this system seems to be working rather well and I don’t fight with myself as much about doing chores around my house. Most of the time things like dusting and vacuuming actually get done quicker this way than if I wait till say Thur when I have it planned. Guess it more like go with the flow when the energy and desire hits.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:12 pm

hello to you as well d elizabeth and d rose

I am going to give myself a half an hour and then do more work

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Still struggling with the expenses, barely any progress. This isn't hard work, just fiddly and I don't seem to do fiddly anymore.

I've now set up the next residents' association even, though, so I'll have something to show for the day. I just wish I could get through my current deadlines without having to add new deadlines to my mental weight. I feel heavy because I'm holding so much up there. Getting the committal service done was a big weight off but then this upcoming Sunday's service slid onto my shoulders. And literally my shoulders and neck. They are sore.

Didn't eat lunch until 3:30. I kept thinking if I stuck with it I'd make progress. Then the phone rang at 3 and I got up from my desk. My senior friend's knee surgery has been approved so she's relieved (and scared.)

Eating lunch so late means I'm not sure what I'll do about dinner. Do I eat late, light, or what? I'll wait and see how I feel around 6:30. I took my time coming back to my desk, using cleaning up the kitchen as an excuse for not getting right back to work.

In the meantime, I shall give myself a kick in the pants and see if that works. I'm so bored right now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 08, 2018 4:49 pm

I mowed both the front and back took a break between.

For spills keep awesome orange in a spray bottle by each sink. 409 type cleaner from the dollar store they do not always have good sprayers however.

I filled in some holes put netting over it to keep the hens out of the fresh dirt, it is where I took out the stone path last week.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm just a mess. I'm so tired. Thought I would be recovered by now from all the busyness but am not. Sat down and fell asleep instantly. Got up to get papers and check ready for someone to come pick up. Sure hope that draw comes in soon, this is the last I can write/send out.

He came in with his little girl about 4 or less, cute as a button. From South America and speaks only Spanish. This guy was working down there in the recession here because there was work there. I guess that's how he ended up with spanish wife and child. He isn't spanish. I gave her one of the stuffed animals I'd been reluctant to donate. Sunday I gave the bunny to DH's niece and today the little purple teddy bear went to its new home. One more to give away. 8-)

Just dreading having to make dinner. I need to go see about it. DH not home yet.

I wonder how long it takes LadyM to make those lists?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Just had a disagreement with dh.

First I get a ping on my computer. Slack didn't open but I figured it was slack. After a while (about 40 seconds) it finally opened and updated and sure enough dh is asking me if I have time for a phone call.

But I need to click on this Zoom thing. So I do. Which brings up a browser and suddenly my computer is installing software. So I send a message by slack asking what the heck.

No response so I say I don't want to install software on my computer, why can't he just phone me (he has a hotel phone, cell phone, and Skype.) So the phone rings after a bit and it is him. And I ask him why I had to install software. He said he had a few minutes to chat and thought it would be nice to hear my voice.

It wasn't nice because I gave him heck for making me install software onto my computer (and set up an account) in order for him to 'hear my voice' when I know darn well he bought US cell phone time and could just pick up the phone and call.

And why wasn't he using Skype? Apparently Zoom is better.

Actually it isn't. I was in such a bad mood he gave up on the call and hung up.

Why do people have to make life so complicated? It isn't enough that we have 5 methods of communication (Skype, email, cell phone, texting and Slack) I needed to download a 6th. Apparently that is one over my limit.

Return to “Post When You Can”