best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 am

Good morning! I had two good pieces of advice from my mom. The first, from high school, on financial management: You need to be able to support yourself, no one will do it for you. The second, from college, after a stunningly bad exam performance by myself: You'll just have to take that class again. (In other words, one failure is not the end of the world, you just have to fix it).

Last night was a shocker - DD16 had completed her homework! She double checked before leaving the x's house, and it was done! So we ate at the cheaper Chinese place, then went to the church craft night. That was a little weird, because only half the people there were actually crafting. I think the others were cub scout mothers waiting for their sons. After DD returned to the x, I delivered a cat, typed up animal org minutes and notes, then did some yarn bombing crochet. I LOVE that I am offloading clutter yarn. I was tempted to do a computer jigsaw, but the computer took too long to start up and I changed my mind and went to bed. Much smarter choice.

Tonight is the animal org board meeting, at another Chinese place. After that, I have no plans.

Once again, I have to use the shower at work during lunch.

I hope Kathryn decided on bed. Working to all hours makes for inefficient and lesser quality work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:01 am

hi d elizabeth!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 am

I checked the freezer to see what I have there.
pulled the chimichurri chicken from freezer - 3 ounces for me
will make corn/black bean etc salad
some sort of fruit

I requested to rent a house (cheaper than the hotel :shock: ) for our trip. Just waiting for the air bnb to contact us. we shall see
It will be so much easier on dh than the hotel

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 am

A m stuff done
Home blessing tasks accomplished for today.
I will be weeding in one of the front beds for ten min. After the rain, it is great timing!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 11:35 am

Elizabeth, I did decide on bed, although not until 11:14 did I turn off my computer. There were little things that didn't need my brain to do.

The brain-stuff went by quickly in the morning although I wasn't quite done when I last posted, I needed to make copies of my bank statements. Not quite as simple as usual since copier part of our printer/copier is broken. So I had to scan and then print which meant moving my computer into the office. It is nice to have a different view but this desk is too high for the chair (in typing mode, it is fine for hand writing.)

My regular desk chair is 'leaking' and the other day I thought about moving somewhere else to work, then realized the weird wrist angle was due to the chair. A quick pull up on the lever and presto-magico, all was right with the world again once my seat was at full height.

I'm s2 barefeet but letting my hair air-dry a bit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

dog had a super dizzy moment. the meds we gave is what I think did it. :shock:

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 09, 2018 11:42 am

We actually used Proverbs 31 a lot as part of dMom's funeral service, dBlessed. She was a wonderful woman and a even greater dMom.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 pm

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!!

DD16 and her cousin on my side may have celiac, but I do not.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 12:20 pm

ugh.
Double ugh.

I'm cranky.

I'm off schedule which is a conscious choice this morning, but I miss following it.

I fell on my walk this morning and arrive home with torn pants and a bloody leg.

After I got home, I had a low blood sugar episode which I haven't had in months. I felt the back of my hands sweating which is a sign that happens a few minutes before I pass out. When I realized the sign, I grabbed the blood glucose meter and tested. Yup. 48. I ate 2 oz of turkey (protein) to bring my blood sugar up and sat in front of a fan with a cold drink (I was sweating all over) until it got better. I had to contact my OA sponsor because I don't know if this is considered to be a break in my abstinence. If it is...it is. I haven't heard back from her yet. I didn't eat because I wanted to. And I definitely didn't enjoy it.

I need to start my day again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Elizabeth, I'm happy for you!

It won't hurt to eat as dd does when she's over but it does give you options you would not have had if you were Celiac too.

I'm packing up now. There's a mistake in the books somehow but I don't understand what. Actually two but I know the second one and it is for $40 so no material difference (dang dyslexia!) The first is right from a tax point of view but for some reason a large invoice won't show up in the ages receivables report. If there's one, is there more? No time to figure that out.

Return to “Post When You Can”