best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 pm

quick hi again! I have been sitting with the d old dog and she is finally resting.
I am hoping to get things done soon. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 5:06 pm

I decided since I didn't like my day, then I might as well go clothes shopping. That is one of my disliked must-do tasks so why not do it on a day that I am already grumpy? It made sense to me. I bought DS9 5 summer outfits. He will need to try them on to make sure they will fit before I remove the tags. I was going to take back the shorts that I bought and were too big for me....but DS9 tried those shorts on yesterday and they fit him perfectly. No need to return them.

I realized while shopping that time had got away from me. I had to HURRY back to make picking up DGD from school. I made it with about 30 seconds to spare.

I am not going to church tonight. I need to because it would probably lift my spirits however I have decided that I am too cranky to be around people.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 5:19 pm

On my way. No charge so it was worth the long drive here and wait to take advantage of the warranty.

Now to Ikea for dinner.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Hugs based on yesterday's need I've just read about, for ((blessed)) and ((Kathryn)).

Hugs seem to be needed again for Kathryn and blessed. Hmmm... ... You two are no longer allowed to have day difficulties. You have reached your allotted limits. ((sweet puppy))

Elizabeth, now you will be even better at helping dd because you can concentrate on her needs in a plan-ahead state of mind, without the added layer of every-meal planning. Happy for you on a good review, too.

The meeting - or chat - happened. All was civil and some was congenial.

Dd begins moving home soon.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Slice of life....

Conversation with DGD6 on the way home from school today.

DGD6 - Mason has a pet cricket! He keeps it in his lunch box.
Me - Really?!
DGD6 - Yes! I want a pet cricket. I am going to name it "Lovely".
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Posting without even cuop at all -- just wanted y'all to see what I meant when I said each day is a new adventure! :roll: :shock:
THIS was the plan Sunday night... THIS is what has happened and is to happen from here on...

MONDAY, dmom & I are meet w/dbil, keep the dgrands while ds & ddil go out to eat
Cancelled dbil appt... but we did keep the dgrands... plus misc errands re: dmom

Tuesday, I will likely have to take dgs to school -- but then should have most of the day free. Possibly. Could be that I have to pick him up, or I might end up going to nursing home singing w/ds & dh.
DID NOT have to take dgs to school, but did go to nursing home

Wednesday, keep dgd during lunch hour, and then church Wed. night...
Kept dgd, but church has been on/off all afternoon -- first ddil wanted me to keep dgd who still has upset stomach, and let ddil go to church... then ddil called to say none of them were going to church, but if I wanted to go and take dgs, that would be fine... then said dgs doesn't want to go either, but they will call me if he changes his mind. :roll: At this point, I don't really want to go either -- but will, if he decides he does want to go...

Thursday, dh has a haircut at 1:30...
Dcousin's funeral @ 3:00, visitation at 2:00...
dmom has called to say she still doesn't feel well but IS going to take herself to doctor in Next Town @ 10:30 and then will be able to make it to the funeral...

and Friday, looks like ds is going to be home and perhaps we will have that day free!

ironing... schedule my own wellness check-up & mammogram... vacuum ...
Nah... those things haven't been touched yet...

However -- today -- in spite of last minute reminder that dgd was coming (ds/ddil did not mention it yesterday) --
I have
* s2s, (including washed hair, but it is still in a towel on top of my head)...done Bible reading & breakfast
*washed 4 loads of clothes
* stripped bed & washed sheets (but sheets are not back on the bed yet)
* called bank to confirm deposit
* called dmom to confirm funeral time
* talked to ds, ddil, multiple times
* kept dgd for an hour or so
* s/s 3 toilets
* ordered bday gift for dgs and wedding gift for dcousin
* taken 3 houseplants out to front porch in hopes that fresh air and natural light will refresh them a bit, without scorching them too much! (They will never get direct sunlight but it IS pretty hot out there already! 90 degrees predicted by the weekend. I also plan to spray them with Sevin Dust (sp?) and maybe give them some plant food.

Now time to hang up 3rd load of laundry and start supper
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm

you DO have adventures d lucy! well done on all you did.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm

poor dog is still struggling - . Vet said it is a wait and see. She hasn't gotten any better but I don't think I can pay thousands 2,3-5K for the sweet dog for a MRI because of her age. I want to but I don't know if that is a good thing because if she has a tumor we won't do anything at she is almost 14. Very sad because she is such a keeper. She did drink water.

I ordered pizza without cheese for dd and for dh a regular pizza because I can't leave d dog as she will fall in the kitchen. She is eating but can't get up-I wonder if the meds they gave her made her even more woozy

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 6:44 pm

I usually plan & prep next Sunday lesson on Wednesday night. I knew next Sunday was Mothers Day but I didn't put that event and teaching Children Church together until this moment. ARGH! What to do? I don't want to make a big deal of it because
#1 - We have limited space and limited time on Sunday morning.
#2 - The child to teacher ratio is too high to do something creative. If we are helping a child do a project then that means we are ignoring all of the other children. There is NO way we can do anything creative that the children can't accomplish with little help.

I think I will just go to a garden center and buy 25 flower pots and 25 flowers. The children can draw on the outside of their flower pot and then we can drop a flower into the pot. I think we can manage to do that simple of a project. At least that would give the children something to give to their Mom's and/or the person who is currently raising them.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm

(((Blessed)))

Just finished my dinner at Ikea.

Dd sent a message to call. Now I have to cancel our trip to Australia in January. This is a good thing! She and I had a wonderful chat. Dates are such that early means a different school year. And winter weather to worry about.

Now to go shopping for the table. I only have my tiny purse with me but dug around and found my gift card in it so will be able to use that up today.

Return to “Post When You Can”