best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 am

What is the best words of advice that you have heard from important women in your life? About life, home, marriage ... anything.

What do you think your best words of advice you think you have given? to yourself, you family and to others.

How has that impacted your life and your home life?

This sunday in the United states we celebrate the women who add to our life in special ways. Who influenced you most?

have a wonderful day as we celebrate ourselves and other amazing women in our lives this week!

We are capable and wonderful! Enjoy who you are today! (no negative self talk for this month) you are wonderful right now where you are at!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 am

I woke to rain and hail this morning but tons of birds singing. I love having the windows open when there is a chill in the air and summer is coming!

I had planned on yard work yesterday but my desk and papers blew up and I had to handle that. I thought I could do it today but it is pouring! I will check the weather.

dd younger goes to Florida tomorrow and then brings mom back on the 15th. I am not ready!

When I started this page today I had been thinking of my d french grandmother. She didn't offer lots of advice but was a living example of all I wanted to be. She survived the war and still was the most positive, witty and loving person I knew.

Dh's mom - she was my example of how to parent.

d mom - he joy of adventure and not holding back from fear. She has a self esteem I couldn't even begin to have. I have no idea how she does it.

My d sis in law #1 wow is all I can say. Kind, smart, hardworking, wonderful mother and generous.

everyone here! and so many others.

have a great day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 am

ready to start my day!
animals fed and let out even though it is pouring.
breakfast done

I let go a lot of my frustration from yesterday and feel great this morning.

dh is still sound asleep so I don't want to wake him up to get s2s
dd older is living with us, temporarily until her next place (safe area), (she has saved up quite a bit of money and I am hoping she buys something so her money can go into a place rather than an apartment. I only see her late night or early am as she works long hours. right now she is off to the gym.
dd younger is still asleep as well. (she leaves tomorrow to pick up d mom)

So instead of s2s I will balance my check book, check my charges, etc., check and erase emails, plan meals (simple) using ww as my guide,

today's home blessing: vacuum and swiffer rinse walking areas
todays zone work: swipe kitchen shelves (not remove anything but grab what I can see)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

Best words of advice that I have received and give = "Have some fun!"

I messed up last night and forgot to give DS9 his CBD oil. If I ever want to know if it is working, just skip a night dose. Yup. It is working!! DS9 did not sleep well last night and reverted to his sleepwalking ways. I found him up around 2:00am. I brought him into the kitchen and gave him 10 drops on his tongue. I am letting him sleep in this morning to make up for the lost sleep last night.

I really really really wish there were more studies done on the long-term effects of using CBD oil on children. I keep wondering if I am giving DS9 something that might be harming him in the long term. I haven't found any study that shows that but there are very few studies done. I feel like I am experimenting on DS9. The results are wonderful now and that is all I have to go on. I am going to continue to give him less than a full dose because 2/3 of a dose is working. I just hope I don't have HUGE regrets later like I do with giving him the ADHD meds years ago. I do the best I can with the information I have at the moment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 am

Good morning, Blessed! Thanks for starting us off.

1. What is the best words of advice that you have heard from important women in your life? About life, home, marriage ... anything.

2. What do you think your best words of advice you think you have given? to yourself, you family and to others.

3. How has that impacted your life and your home life?

1. The one I've said recently is "Growing old isn't for sissies." From our Ancient in California. She was a real example of living life and by the time she was complaining about aging, she had made sure to do the fun things early so there was nothing left undone.

2. "No" is a complete sentence. I say that one a lot, mostly to overwhelmed women. We don't have to justify ourselves, we should be and must be masters of our time and energy.

3. Number one makes me more likely to allow myself to be distracted but thus do stuff. My dad traveled all his working life (sea captain along with Canadian representative on international navigation committees after he gave up the sea) and Mom stayed home with the kids and only took a few trips with him. When he retired, I expected him to travel but he was done. Mom was disappointed she never got to travel.

I asked him why he wouldn't travel with her and he was just tired of it and wanted to stay home. I had heard the same thing from another source, people save all their lives to travel when they retire and then are too tired, too stuck in their ways, too ill to do so. So travel while you can enjoy it.

That experience with the reminder that growing old is tough is partly why I have spent so much money traveling now. And like my Dad, I'm tired of it now.

I have to keep giving myself the words from number 2. There's a lot I want to do and want to do now, but there are limits. I need to narrow my focus down.

I do like to change things up every decade or so. That helps to keep me from getting too stagnant, too early.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 10:11 am

I'm up. Was awake to go pee, then at 5 by the birds. Slept lightly with the radio on until just before 7 so 7 hours of 'sleep.' (I had lights out by 11:40 but heard 12 strike.)

I think I've finished the books. I finished up the expenses last night but held off entering the totals into the bookkeeping software until this morning. At that point it becomes a downhill slide, everything falls into place. I just finished printing off the last of the reports for the accountant.

There's still more to do for the US Accountants, but for today's meeting, I'm done.

I'm out of yogurt (meant to go to the store yesterday but didn't even get out the front door, there's a bag of garbage waiting to go to the chute down the hall.) So I had french toast made with a hot cross bun for my breakfast. Very good, not an every-day food though. And I think I like my yogurt and fruit more!

Now to s2s for the day. I still have 2.5 hours until I need to leave. Lots of time to breathe for a bit.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 am

I have to say my dMom was certainly the most influential person in my life. I always thought of her as the Proverbs 31 woman. Her words, "A little bird told me", always stayed with me. Realizing that I'm not the only one (nor the most important one) who knows what I'm doing. Years ago I found a "Birds of a Feather" statue of a little girl with a bluebird on her finger. I had to buy it and it's still with me. We grew up in a small town and surely there was always someone to 'tell'. :) She died much too young and both dh and I miss her as much today as we did 31 years ago. Dh always said, "Your Mom can come live with us anytime -but my Mom? I'd buy a separate place for her first." ;)

I was going to go to Bible study this morning, but my tummy had other ideas. Feel better now, but still not up to snuff.

Think I'm pretty much going to do office/desk/computer work today.

DD and I plan to go to C hili's for dinner tonight (providing I steadily improve). They have a special of starter, beverage and entrée for $10 and it seems like a good deal.

Kathryn, so impressed with your dgs teaching himself to read. Wow! He's so young.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 am

A salty one from dmom, she used to say "there are some folks you could stand on ypur head and poop (she used a diff s word) straight up and they still would not be happy". Fil said "travel while you are young when you are still able".

S2s done
Breakfasts over
Tree guy coming mid morning for estimate.

I am SO glad I mowed yesterday before the rains we got last night!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 09, 2018 10:31 am

My task today is to use the day and not goof off all day. I took dh to the airport at 7 a.m. and he is away until Friday night. I went on to Lowes after dropping him off and enjoyed a walk through. I got another basil plant and found a stake (not a garden stake, but for signs) that might work to stake my tomatoes. I have pebbles in the raised bed under the soil so it's hard to get a stake deep enough into the bed. I'll try to drive this into the soil just next to to the bed and lace my twine through - assume it's sturdy enough. I also had the traditional cages in the bed but they aren't very sturdy.

I've finished a.m. routine - Amazing - just a little after 9:30. And I didn't go through at MCD this a.m. for my old standby, a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

Now I'm having trouble getting going. Somehow this feels like a "free" day. DD and I are going to make pizza tonight and try the cauliflower crust :? and watch "The Crown."

Interesting about the CBD oil, LadyM. Yes, some studies in children and adults would be helpful. It's amazing that you notice results so immediately.

Bw2, so glad you're having a better day!

Good advice here! I need to think on it...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 am

I have to go but I read a bit your responses. wow! lots of good advice. i love hearing of other women who have influenced who you are!

d dee - i love that you think of your d mom in terms of proverbs 31. I did a bible study once on the virtuous woman; it has always stayed with me.

see you soon d kathryn, d dee, d lady, d nancy, hi d twins! Hi d everyone!

finished balancing my check book, looked and added up charges so far, budget
figured out low point snacks for night time - when I am the weakest. I found out my pretzels are 3 points for 1 oz. :shock:
cheese is 1 oz. at 4 points. I eat when I am not hungry.

joined coaching through ww - I know it's not cheep but I think it might be good for me.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”