best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: best words of advice you have heard Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Yeah, if you need to eat because your blood sugar is 48, LadyM, you need to eat. If that's considered a lapse they can jump in a lake!

I think my best advice is "If you're doing all you can, that's all you can." I had to tell myself that a lot as temple prez. My perfectionism starts in with "You should be doing this" or "You should do that." And I have to remind myself that if I'm already doing my best, I can't do any more. That's it. Although on the other hand, I do acknowledge that sometimes things are "good enough." Yes, I could have spent two more hours on that project and got closer to perfect, but that's good enough. Always that inner struggle.

The other piece of advice I repeat to myself is "Not my circus, not my monkeys." I don't have to make every wrong right again. It would be nice to have that superpower but it's okay not to get involved.

Dh was appalled when I said I had ordered a dorm type refrigerator for my office upstairs and said that I should just trot myself downstairs for refills of water. OTOH, it breaks my focus to come downstairs where there's food and other pursuits. And I hope to be using the treadmill again because I can't always get in steps, and having cold bottled water up there will a treat. OTOH, I struggle with using so much bottled water. I used to refill, then "they" started talking about how the plastic broke down. Maybe I'll take a gallon of water up to refill? Or take some reusable water bottles. I do recycle the plastic bottles, btw.

Great news, Elizabeth! With your great review yesterday (which I would have predicted knowing you) and the good testing results you are on a roll!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm

yay d elizabeth
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi!

YAY ELIZABETH!! So happy for you. Now comes the good part. Go tell your x he should get tested, because it would be good to know where your dd got it from. Try to keep a straight face when you tell him this.

We had a load of crushed gravel delivered this morning. Guess what we are doing tonight, and tomorrow night and Friday night and all weekend. Rain is in the forecast, so the sooner it's moved, the better.

Supper tonight is pasta and meat sauce. Haven't decided on what type of pasta yet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm

I like the way Cathy is thinking!
Try to keep a straight face when you tell him this.

Evil uncontrollable laughing!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Elizabeth - YEAH!! Celebrating with you!!

I like the way Cathy is thinking!

Try to keep a straight face when you tell him this.

Evil uncontrollable laughing!

I had the same reaction to this! LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:46 pm

I have weeded the front flower bed. Came in got an allert bc my blood sug. Was up took a reading, like after a meal and not in ack territory glad for that.

It is 10: 40 tree guy has not shown up yet, he lives on the loop. Mid morning could mean anything I suppose.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 pm

48 is very low. eat something and tell your dr. if this is a problem. it is a terrible feeling when it is this low. nauseous feeling I am sure. hope your sugars go back to normals

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:01 pm

I have been weeding in between the sun and the drizzle. I had to put old dog inside as she is getting dizzy again. dd younger is sitting with her.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 pm

we took d old dog to the vet as she couldn't stand up because of low blood pressure and doggy dizziness. Our choices, if this continues, are a MRI 3 to 5 K :shock: or wait and see what is happening. They gave a shot to relax her. It could be doggy dizzies older dogs get or a tumor - so now we wait and see.

sitting with the d dog (other dog is laying next to old dog) and I am sitting with her so that she does not get up to follow me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 09, 2018 4:17 pm

I have a very flat tire.

Got to the car, backed out, drove 5 parking spots, pulled over and looked. Flat as a pancake. Put on the 4-way flashers, another guy leaving the lot offered to help but I had it covered.

* Inflated it to get out of the underground parking (tow trucks can't get to me.)
* Parked on the street.
* phone accountant to say I may be late or not at all.
* drove the slow way instead of the freeway.

These tires have low pressure warnings so I would know before it was too bad to pull over and reinflate. Didn't have to though, and got there just a few minutes late.

Meeting went sort-of fine but she found another error so that was annoying. It was a problem that I had this morning that disappeared but really didn't, just showed up elsewhere.

Reinflated again (it was down 3 - 4 pounds pressure)

I went to Walmart to shop for table, no luck.

Picked up a salad.

Drove to the tire shop on the opposite end of the city. These tires have only been used for about 8 months and have a warranty and free repair. So now that's why I'm here.

They can't take the car until 6. That will be 2 hours from now. Maybe not until tomorrow. I have no other car. Ds is asleep now and working at 7. Dd and dsil don't have a car. Don't know where the nearest rental place is. So I may as well sit here than take a taxi home during rush hour (that will be $40 - $50.)

I need the car tomorrow morning (because I haven't ridden my bike yet this year and it has two flats as well.

Anyway, this is not the way I anticipated spending the time after meeting that big deadline. Not only is dinner at IKEA likely not a reality (and I have no food at home) but I haven't had lunch yet. Will eat that salad now.

Return to “Post When You Can”