Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 am

In the area of Nova Scotia where my father was from, "Tunder n Lightnin!" was an expression among the old folk to add emphasis to how important, unusual, exciting, something was.

Let's have exciting days.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 am

We should get a good storm today. I hate to close windows before leaving in a bit, but will because I need to know which windows are leaking even when they are closed. I do know the non-opening office window leaks now, there's a water drip mark down the inside of the glass so it is leaking at the top and probably mixing with plaster since the mark is very visible. I thought it was on the outside until I was working at the desk in front of the window yesterday and reached out and ran my finger over the mark.

Ds will sleep here today. We've planned dinner for tonight.

I have to be out of here in 45 minutes for a vein doctor appointment. I've waited 7 months for this one, the last of my follow-up appointments from my annual physical.

Then I'll do the grocery store and get the oil changed in the car. Then home to work on the sermon and the car (I have to empty it and I'll take it to be vacuumed and wiped down on the inside tomorrow morning.)

My parking spot has to be emptied tonight as well so that means moving the bike rack and dh's bike. My bike remains up here in the office until after tomorrow night. I still have to inflate the tires on it. I have a hand pump up here and will use it to get enough into the tires that they'll roll and then I'll take it to my car's pump to finish off the job. But that's likely a Saturday task.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am

Stay dry (and your apartment as well), Kathryn.

I've been awake since shortly after 3 ;) Ended up getting up for good around 6:30. Have my morning routine done. Now I need to really look at what I want to get done and what I NEED to get done before leaving here in 2 weeks. I'll look at my l ists and see where I need to update/change them. Also need to make a trip over to see dbil/dsisil either today or tomorrow -most likely tomorrow.

Hoping dd's lawn guy comes shortly. We're close to becoming a field. Not sure when he mowed last. He's a former student of hers and just one big loveable guy. He calls DH, "Pops". Dh is his father image.

Well, it's official, dd got notice yesterday that she's not been called for an interview for the position at the high school. Said at first she was quite disappointed but as she learned more during the day, she's content. She did talk to the other engineering teacher at the high school and his reaction was "WHAT????!!!" He's somewhat disturbed that he has nothing to do with this process of hiring a teacher to work with HIM. And on the qt he's actually thinking of leaving. He was one of the main impetus of dd applying for this job. Of course her principal is very happy she won't be leaving. Something would have to fall in her lap at this point. So, the longer drive to work, at least for the next few years.

Sunny here though I think some stormy weather is in the forecast.

DD and I really need to figure a day we could go to Disney. We've not used our passes but once since we got them in December. A lot of that was because of my own physical limitations for so long.

Off I go to figure out the PODA for the next 2 weeks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am

Well rats. I just broke the coffee carafe washing it up and cut the fleshy part of my palm where it connects to my thumb. And it's bleeding but I don't think (hope) I'm going to have it closed up at urgent care. It does means I need a new coffee maker, however. This one is probably on its last legs and the carafe was panother from a coffee maker that died and had been an extra until I broke the original.

I'm drinking iced coffee from the refrigerator, thank you very much. I have a little more than an hour to be out of here now and may not finish a.m. routine since I've been sitting with pressure on my palm

-Breakfast/meds/vitamins
-s2s
-walk the dog
-finish glass and kitchen clean up
-make the bed

I'll do what I can.

So happy for Kathryn and family.

So many differences - don't know if it's male to female or just personality differences. I don't think my dh has a concept of "Where things Go." To him, putting something in the garage anywhere is great. He's put a bunch of comic books on top of my bin for recycling glass. In our shared closet, new things just go on a random shelf.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 10, 2018 9:04 am

I find it interesting here, Twins, that since Polk County went to roll out recycle bins we can no longer recycle glass. When we had bins there were not nearly as many limitations. Hope your cut heals quickly and easily without intervention.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:11 am

ouch d twins!

hi d kathryn - thank you for starting us!

hi d dee! Glad she is content. I know she is disappointed.

hello to each and everyone of you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:13 am

poor dog is as happy as can be but can't walk without falling. Dd is supposed to fly out this morning to pick up d mom but I am not sure if she should go. Dog has not been able to go to the bathroom yet but has drunk her water and eaten. I am wondering if she had a little stroke rather than just doggy old age dizziness.

leaving soon, maybe, for the airport.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 10, 2018 9:39 am

Dee, we originally could put glass into our big roll out bin for recycling, but recently they announced that too much was broken and made other recyclables unusable. So now we're not supposed to put it in the roll out bin but have to take it to the drop off center ourselves if we want to recycle it. :shock: Single stream recycling mixes everything together and spoils a lot, but it's easier.

I haven't done kitchen clean up, but am heading out. Will need to get glass out of sink (hopefully not in disposal, a larger bowl is over drain) and sweep up and wipe down counters again.

I have body work at 10 and need a quick trip through the grocery again. Must see mother today, and dd is coming over tonight, she was too tired last night, which was ok.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 10, 2018 10:50 am

Good morning everyone! Last night was my board meeting and not much else. That's ok, because nothing else was planned. I did get gasoline, but found out today was not my drive. Payday is tomorrow, but most of it will go to the water heater installers. I have a full list for today:
  • Ad hoc query report
  • Meeting homework
  • Meeting transcription (2)
  • Finish client list report
  • Shower at work (last day for this!)
  • Call cat coordinator
  • Measure myself for crocheted sweater sizing
  • Copy pages with the sweater pattern
  • Messages to various people about FL trip
  • Clear path for water heater installers
  • Get meds list and paperwork for appt with surgeon Friday

I will definitely take CathyS's advice and tell the x to get tested. I will try not to smirk from Snark City.

I know how TwinsMom can get those comics moved FAST! Innocently ask their owner if they are there to be recycled.

LadyMaverick is lucky it's only a cricket. (Very cheap at Petco, by the way). DD16 has wanted a snake for as long as I can remember.

Kathryn: I may end up eating less gluten as I cook for DD and choose different restaurants, but I refuse to jump on the GF fad diet bandwagon. Yes for medical necessity, no for general adding massive inconvenience to my life.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 am

Another detour on my day. Dr appointment was consult with the vein doctor. I did not expect a treatment but they had to check for allergies so I had to work in a walk after.

I stopped At a mall and did that plus banking.

Return to “Post When You Can”