Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 10, 2018 11:16 am

In migraine mode...

Blessed every thing you’re describing sounds like your pup suffered a seizure like my Sadie Girl did. She never fully recovered and couldn’t use her legs unless we stood her up. Even then she wobbled. We gave her a week to improve but became obvious that wasn’t going to happen.

I made the call to Lap of Love and asked for the vet to come to our home. Sadie was two weeks shy of sweet 16 when we had to put her down.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:15 pm

that's what they thought at first too! But now they think she had a stroke. Thank you for your kindness d rose! I will be doing the same regarding the vet. Dog is still so so happy even if she can't walk without falling. Sounds like your d sadie! I am hoping that she can wait until dd younger comes back with d mom. But we won't let her suffer if she becomes bad. dd said she would take out of her savings so she can come home if she needs to.

okay time to be productive - I am excited because the landscapers are working in my little part of the yard as well. Normally they don't touch it. Yay.
I will take old dog outside with me when I weed. Younger dog won't leave old dogs side. Younger dog is overly very quite today. She normally is a ball of energy.
I have been thinking of not getting another dog ever but now I am not so sure.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Most of a m stuff done, I will spiff up the bathroom after this post. Mon. Payroll with kid N. :mrgreen: my day is set, chamged, and evolving, make a plan then fruit basket upset lol! I need to get soda for h calling that groc shopping tee hee!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I know how TwinsMom can get those comics moved FAST! Innocently ask their owner if they are there to be recycled.
I love it, Elizabeth! Their owner (dh) is out of town right now, however. It would be a shame if something happened to them. ;) Ds once left a grocery bag of electronic stuff in my car and I dropped it off with Goodwill stuff accidently. I did try to retrieve it and was able to get some back, but it was a lesson for him!

-Clear kitchen counters again, including broken glass etc.
-start the dishwasher
-sweep kitchen floor
-spend 15 min on garage clean up
-spend 15 min on dd room clean up

I'll then head upstairs to work on transcription work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

does anyone know lexington, kentucky. We rented a house Nicholasville Rd near the hospital and I am trying to figuring out the neighbourhood.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:28 pm

my motivation is a little low today as I sat all day with the dog and got unfocused :shock: 8-)
dd is flying now.
okay talking myself into work.

shock nothing done. I didn't dress s2s well. 8-) no shower just threw on some clean cloths

ordered fruit through grocery store as I thought I could go today for errand day but can't leave the house.
pulling out journal and cards.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:01 pm

money stuff taken care of
listed spending
paid cc (dh is taking it to the bank)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm

bw2, It's almost as bad as a child being ill and not being able to do anything about it. It just leaves you feeling so unsettled. If your sweet girl has to be put down, I hope you will have someone come to your home. Our vet came, and took for cremation.

I didn't realize that some of cleaning up the garage was going through stuff from dmom's. I purged some photos that were damaged or unusable, or for periods when I was doing scrapbooks and had documented that era already. I keep reminding myself that photos were so rare and special at one time, they all were kept, regardless of whether they were clear or damaged or not. But it's okay to let them go, particularly if they're not something special. Otherwise, we will be inundated with photographs.

I am sweating because garage was hot/humid. Also because I can't find the USB drive that the work from the TSLA was on, including images of the pages for transcription.

Edited: Fourth USB drive was the right one. Of course, I don't want to run the danger of being at a library for research without one, so I keep a lot around.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:14 pm

thank you d twins. My sweet girl (dog older) is so sweet and always so happy even if she is sick - so now it is a wait and see. She still has not gone to the bathroom since yesterday afternoon so I hope she will eventually do that. I have been carrying her outside but nothing so far.

I pushed myself finally to empty the dishes and refill the dishes turned them on.
I know what I am having for dinner.
Yesterday I couldn't make dinner but ordered of all things deep dish pizza - I never knew I was an emotional eater. so tonight everything is set. I also put away the groceries (mostly fresh veggies and fruit).
turned on washing machine.

now for the counters
(d old dog seems restless)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 10, 2018 3:20 pm

I am restless too and unable to settle with this work. I don't want to do it for some reason. I'm watching a storm out our upstairs windows. Our big vinyl adirondack chairs went flying as well as the cover for the grill that dh had left outside. Ddog was unsettled by the storm too and came up to hang out with me. She is under my feet. We're not even in the area of the heaviest rain.

Return to “Post When You Can”