Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thunder & Lightening Thursday!

Postby Harriet » Thu May 10, 2018 3:48 pm

This is such miserable work.
Air Conditioning out in dorm.
90 plus degrees.
Every time you turn around there's something you didn't think about.

Our intention had been to start super early a.m. but she was sick in the night and we didn't get to sleep until 2 or later. So a lot of efficiency lost especially with distant parking.

Call in to ds to see if extra help could happen. Also a friend of dd's is still in his dorm and might be able to heft some, though he can't travel. So it will come together.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm

(((Harriet)))

I lost a post earlier. That's not like me but I saved it to the clipboard, then saw something Twin's wrote that I also clipped, thus losing a long post!

I'm home and have been for hours.

I've dealt with numerous issues. There was an email asking if I'll be home tomorrow for a flower delivery. I set up the time and then realized I'll only be home a day before leaving for a week. So I emailed back and asked if it would ungrateful to put the delivery off until after my trip? The answer was, of course, and they let me know who to thank for the flowers.

The church wrote to say they updated the bulletin (MF changed the prayers.) They did not, however, send a new copy so I have no idea what has been changed. Sigh.... I'll have to be surprised on Sunday since no-one has written back, I'm guessing the office was closed by the time I got home.

The car has fresh oil and I have ingredients for dinner (and the meat is defrosting.)

I emptied the car of loose stuff so I can take it for a light detailing tomorrow. I still have to bring up the mats and will do that when ds helps bring up the boxes from IKEA.

I have a long to-do list and am leaving in 2 days.

I did finish two items on it while the post stayed in limbo. So I think that brings it down to 11 items.

Plus I've been tidying. Babysteps but I feel less overwhelmed.

Because of the unexpected vein treatments today, I needed to get my compression socks out. So they are on and I'm in jeans, melting here. It is too windy to have the windows open much and the heat is still on. But I can't wear a skirt with knee socks!

I'm going to try to write out that list for myself and then start tackling it.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm

I keep reminding myself that photos were so rare and special at one time, they all were kept, regardless of whether they were clear or damaged or not. But it's okay to let them go, particularly if they're not something special. Otherwise, we will be inundated with photographs.

I need to remember this myself. I still have boxes and boxes to go through of things from my parents and grandparents.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:23 pm

oh my gosh - so so hot without a/c d harriet -it is so hard when you can't park closer - I wish they would have each dorm move at different times to make it easier.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Back from lunch, I have news will put it in j & c.
We had rain, and h is off a bit early. It is cooler and he is in better spirits, was able to stay dry tosay that helped.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 10, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Current status:
  • Ad hoc query report - done as much as I can, need more info
  • Meeting homework - not even started
  • Meeting transcription (2) - done
  • Finish client list report - in progress, progress made
  • Shower at work (last day for this!) - done
  • Call cat coordinator = done
  • Measure myself for crocheted sweater sizing - done
  • Copy pages with the sweater pattern - done
  • Messages to various people about FL trip - scheduled for tonight
  • Clear path for water heater installers - can't do from work obviously, scheduled for tonight
  • Get meds list and paperwork for appt with surgeon Friday - another thing can't do from work, also scheduled

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi!

I have strep throat, or something. They did a swab today and gave me a prescription for amoxicillin. My left side is swollen, but the right side seems to be the problem according to 2 doctors. Appetite is off and nothing tastes right.

On the plus side, I now have medication instead of just thinking I have a very sore throat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Cathy: I hope you feel better soon. My sore glands and lack of voice disappeared as fast as it came. I think getting the books finished might have been part of my cure (also B vitamins and extra C.)

Apparently it is raining (just looked outside.) I need to go shut windows.

<done>

My new furniture is out on the balcony. We didn't have time to do all 4 chairs but two are set up. I wasn't sure I was going to keep all of them until I saw them at my dining room table. I had been thinking of buying folding chairs for when we have a crowd. These will do nicely so no need to buy others. I can now get rid of the chairs I don't like (3 very worn ones) So this works well as far as I'm concerned. Dh may feel differently.

Ds and I tested the two outdoor tables together and we'll be able to seat 6 for sure which is what we had before (except I only had chairs for 3 so would drag out dining room chairs.) But there are more ways to set this up instead of constantly having a giant table dominating the space. The downside is the balcony feels empty with the table folded but they are more secure from the wind that way.

It is really blowing so this is a reasonable test of how well the new arrangement will work. I'm sure I'll try it 5 different ways before finally choosing something. With the other table I had two choices and one didn't work too well because you had to walk against the railing to get by the table and I'm not the only one afraid of heights.

Dinner was a success. I normally don't use the grilling pan, that's dh's job, but it worked as well for me as it does for him and ds really enjoyed his steak and potatoes dinner. We also had garlic bread and corn. In other words, far too many carbs for me. Today will not be counted.

After dinner ds left, taking out the boxes for me. I went to the basement and cleared the parking spot (except for the car) and then brought the floor mats up and washed them. They are in the bathtub drying. I have 3 extras which we've been carrying around in the car in the back. Not sure if I'll keep them.

I have to go through all the car contents at some point. I've checked off 5 items from my list but added 3 more. So it is slow progress.

I'm physically exhausted. The kitchen is a mess so I guess I'll put on a podcast and make that my next to-do item.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Hubby was arguing with the dog he was having pasta salad not wanting to share, the dog was barking giving him what for, h had to hide it in the deep freezer till the dog came upstairs. :mrgreen:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 10, 2018 11:50 pm

I'm truly not having a great day.

Besides going to the lab for lab work today instead of tomorrow, I posted all about it on yesterday's thread.

Fasted too many hours because I had to wait till they could take me at the lab, then I had to run home and back to bank and stopped at supermarket. By the time I got home my BS was low and it all went downhill from there.

I've done nothing but eat all day. And I'm still hungry. Can't seem to get it right.

We were supposed to have a little rain. We had clouds at least.

Maybe after a night's sleep I'll feel better. I haven't been sleeping good, worry I guess.

Emailed the draw administrator and left a message on her ans. machine. I still don't know if she got my fax 2 days ago.

See ya tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”