Fab Fri.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Fab Fri.

Postby lucylee » Fri May 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Another day I've gotten next to nothing done.

(((Harmony)))
I hope I am not becoming a bad influence on you. I don't want to be kicked out of the village for laziness... but boy... that is the story of my life.

Today -- dh woke up and said, "We don't have anything we have to do today, do we?"
Well, no, we didn't -- at least, not until doctor calls in refill on dmom's meds...
So dh wanted to go for a ride in the forest.
We did that, washed the SUV, got gas, and came home.

In the meantime, I learned that a dfriend's dh has passed away this morning. She and I worked together, and grew up in the same church. DH played football w/her dh, and he also had congestive heart failure. So of course, I am feeling this sadness for her so much, and especially with it happening right here at Mother's Day. This is how my dmom spent Mother's Day five years ago.

So now, my day has suddenly taken on much busy-ness...
[ ] cook supper/eat
[ ] order flowers
[ ] go to drug store for dmom
[ ] go to grocery store for dmom
[ ] take all that stuff to dmom

WHY can't she move out here to this house just down the road from me???? Grrrrrrr!!!! :roll: :evil: :cry:

I told her yesterday, she is treating that house like a life-size doll house. She just wants to play with it -- was asking dfriend about laying some tile in the foyer yesterday. * sheesh *
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 11, 2018 5:44 pm

((Lady M)) I hope the reset works for you.

((Harmony)) I don't know how you get anything done with your dh underfoot. I think you're doing great and I'm glad you're able to do something creative as an "antidote" to all of the other stuff.

I think I am stalling because I don't want to email off this research report. If I should decide to use it in my portfolio, it has to be submitted exactly as it was sent to the client. Fear of committing to it.

I am going to pay the two bills first, then set a timer for 20 min for editing/proofing the report, then I have to send it.

And I am eating. I wish I had never tried those ice cream things that dh gets at Costco. :x
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:57 pm

you are definitely not lazy! and what would we do without our sweet Lucy!
so sorry to hear that your df has lost her dh.
I think it is okay to talk to your d mom about moving over to you because it is too hard to go over there - otherwise she might have to hire someone to help you help her.

hi d twins you will know when it is the right time to send it! You can do it!

my chicken went bad! yuck. so I had to eat out of the freezer and not the healthiest meal.

mom is trying to be helpful but her matter of fact makes the dog being sick very hard for dd younger who is out there to pick her up and bring her home. told dd to tell her that it is better not to talk about it as it hurts right now and it is better not to keep telling her the dog will be put down. Dd knows it so it is not making it better. d mom means well but still painful.

clean dishes emptied from dw

I told dh - no more laundry :D 8-) there is laundry in the dryer that is done but nope I am not folding and and hanging it up.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 pm

OK, it is emailed to the recipient. It took 3 20 minute sessions before I could send it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to get started with p.m. routine, and also get the meat from the rotisserie chicken into the freezer before it joins bw2's chicken.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm

you got it done!!! great d twins
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Service is finished and printed off. I'll load my preaching binder and then get out some balloons, or buy a new package of them tomorrow from a dollar store for the children's story.

Dh's flight was early. I was still in our neighbourhood when he texted "Wheels down" and was still on the parkway to the airport when he texted which post he was waiting by. So I didn't get a chance to put things away in the car as I had planned while waiting for him. He was over 20 minutes early so it wasn't as if I was late.

We stopped for dinner on the way home and I put things away while in that parking lot since the doors could be open all the way (not true in the underground garage.)

When we got home we put the things back in our parking spot so the car and the parking spot are all clean.

The printer wasn't working for me because our router at that end of the apartment has died. I'm wondering what is killing those routers. The one in that room died a few months ago and I bought a new one which dh put by my desk and then moved that one to the office. Now the one in the office is dead again. Hmmmm. We have our travel router running things now so I can print from my desk.

It explains why my phone wouldn't connect to the router in there while I was working on the car stuff. It wasn't my phone (which up until last night wouldn't even turn on its wireless) but an additional issue.

As Harmony experiences with depressing regularity, it never rains but it pours.

I've got a load of laundry done for dh and a bill mostly paid. I'll finish that task. This time the distraction wasn't my fault, I started paying it but had to print off a copy of the payment and that's when I discovered the printer wasn't working.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Laundry is current, dishes are clean.
Gutter us fixed h did that.
I walked the dog.
Dinner is in the oven.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Dh's flight is on time and he didn't ck bags so I should be able to get him on time and not wait around. Such a small airport there's not a cell phone waiting lot.

I got a nice email back from the recipient of the report so that's good.

I walked the dog and delivered a package that was misdelivered to our porch and have been poking around my research in Evernote. I'm looking to see what kind of other documents I might already have for transcription.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 11, 2018 9:38 pm

DD has been working double shifts for weeks. She said she isn't working this weekend and is going to focus on the kids. She asked if DS9 could stay with her until Sunday. It's okay with DH and me but DS9 didn't want to. He agreed to go for tonight an tomorrow. They are going to a carnival tomorrow so hopefully, he will have a good time and will be willing to stay tomorrow night too.

DH and I are all alone!!!!!

I don't know how to think or act without children to care for. The choices are mind-numbing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 11, 2018 11:38 pm

CI:
Got all this done except -- didn't have to go to the drug store b/c the cough med she needed is a rx that has to be picked up in person. :twisted:
It would have been nice if they had TOLD me that when I called the doctor's office, right??? :evil: Dmom is making do with Nyquil.
[x] cook supper/eat AND washed dishes
[-] order flowers * OOPS -- didn't do that either, b/c arrangements aren't announced yet; I can call tomorrow.
[-] go to drug store for dmom
[x] go to grocery store for dmom
[x] take all that stuff to dmom
And THEN...
[x] wrote checks for 3 bills dmom has to pay
[x] went to the mall and got mad all over again.

:evil: WHY do all the pants today just STICK to your legs??? Are there NO RELAXED-cut, wide-leg pants ANYWHERE??? (That don't look like pajamas!) I may end up buying some of the printed palazzo pants, but I don't really want to, and besides, they are all a mile too long for me. I just want some nice, dressy, loose-fitting pants to wear to church and an outdoor wedding in June.
I tried on THREE pairs of pants, two tops, and one dress, and I don't look good in ANYTHING.
A lot of people around here are wearing these ruffled-legged pants that look like something I would buy dgd, and especially as short as I am, there is no way I could carry off THAT look...
:evil: :evil: :evil:

On the plus side, I got dgs two shirts, two pairs of shorts, and a pair of khaki pants for his birthday. So the night wasn't a total loss, and everything was on sale so I saved almost 50% off the tag-price. OTOH, I had a coupon for an additional 10% off, and I don't think the lady got it to ring up correctly. :roll:

I treated myself to a Chick-Fil-A frosty lemonaide, and now I'm going to unwind with Tom Selleck.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”