Fab Fri.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Fab Fri.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 am

Hoping you all are having a fabulous Friday! Mine is great got a handle on the home blessing. Great lunch with dd yesterday. Up early had time for some writing. slept well.
Time for more coffee, bed is made.

blessedw2

Re: Fab Fri.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 am

Fab!!! thank you for starting us today d Nancy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 am

d old dog is still walking like she is on a ship in high waves. She is eating and drinking water and has finally used the bathroom. I am just keeping her comfortable and will make decisions. she is still extremely happy. So making the decision is hard but I will do what's best for her.

d old dog is sleeping so I can go do things as long as she doesn't try to follow me.

finding that if I don't cook in the morning I eat badly at night so I will make dinner this morning and put it in proportional sized containers.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 am

it a good start over day for me. Happy day to you all. Goal: to not make things bigger than it is :D My perfectionism starting setting in so I am reciting over and over that "jobs done imperfectly still bless the family"

I checked my email. Listened to my morning videos. Had to close the windows because it is cold again 8-) .
rainy and cold - a good day to make soup

kitchen dishes emptied. few dishes put in dw, cleaned counters, cleaned stove top, cleaned sink 15 minutes done :D floor needs vacuuming and swiffer washing but d dog in on the floor - I will not need perfection!!! just do the spots you can bc it looks bad.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 11, 2018 11:04 am

There's something about coming here to post that reminds me of little things I have to do.

So I took a moment and started the laundry.

I've been working but only crossed off two items so far. Worked on one more and will go do it now along with the car wash.

See you all later!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 11, 2018 11:15 am

Yep. I am reminded I need to start laundry as well. Washer twins are going now.

Ddog got a rodent gave it by setting it on the ground glad she did not eat it.

Saw on fb I think what are you avoiding being here, made me think. I did a few rounds of decluttering surfaces. It helped.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 11, 2018 12:59 pm

I’m avoiding EVERYTHING.
I really need to get my day started but I am just in no mood. I’ve already called doctor’s office for dmom (for refills) and I’ve texted dbro for dmom... and now I’m coughing some myself so * HOPING * I have not caught this terrible thing dmom has... and probably going to have to go to the grocery store and deliver groceries to her later. Sigh.

Plus I need to finish WHB around here!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Been 'blessing' dd's house a little at a time. Just finished putting away this morning's LOL. I'm working on my PODA and able to cross off several little (and some big) things.

Put up my meds for 3 weeks. Placed orders in my 'cart' for an order to be placed tomorrow (and sent up home). Decided to go ahead and order the supplements that I'll need by then or shortly after. Also ordered an ice maker. We have one up there but had given it to DS-R and ddil a few years ago as they use it a lot more than we would have. However, we've pretty much decided that making ice cubes in the RV is somewhat of a pain. Dh agrees that an ice maker would be a good idea for there. Thus ordered a new one for us. I have one I'm using in our office (I had bought it over a year ago for dsonil for Christmas -but now they have a great ice maker in their new fridge/freezer. It was pretty needless to leave it on their kitchen counter.

Get feeling better, LucyLee.

Gosh, here it is 2pm and I have a ton of things to do before dd gets home. I had an idea this morning to share with dd. For obvious reasons (their adopted T) really dislikes Mother's Day. It came to me this morning -what if we figure out some things that tie us to my Mom (dd idolized her as did I). Then honor HER on Mother's Day and figure out some things we can do just that. I respect dd as a mother and know in my heart she (and dsonil) did everything humanly possible to make things work with T. Know the pain (as with deaths) lessens a little bit each year. So, at any rate, hope to win her over to this way of thinking. I know dsonil's mom is surely not helping make Mother's Day any more memorable for her or dsonil. Praying that his mom will finally realize before the end finally comes what she's doing to all those who love her. Especially her dgd, who's staying with her, trying to take care of her and her own dMom. (Dsonil's dsis is staying there between chemo treatments now -her house is an impossibility) That's all another whole long story.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Watching graduation of dd's young man on closed circuit tv and texting with her about what I can see that she can't, there in the nose-bleed section. He receives two awards today, so his family is very pleased. A girl from our church also graduating - wonder if I will see her. Difficult to do so. Huge class.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Home from lunch. Have sorted through the contents of the car and found some maps to toss. Put the GPS instructions inside a plasticized folder. Weeded out the toe rubbers and mitts and will put those in the locker when I go to the locker later tonight.

My laundry is now ready to hang up.

Dh is in Chicago now. It is a tight connection so his plane being early was a good thing.

Return to “Post When You Can”