Fab Fri.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fab Fri.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:31 pm

I was like that yesterday d lucy! Our brains get so full of everything else on our plate that it's hard to separate the work that needs to be done at home.
hope you feel better as the day goes on!

hi d dee so sweet of you to bless your sweet dd's home! praying for d sil and dd (and d sil's sister). praying for the mom as well.

d harriet - I am so very happy for your dd's young man! and for the girl graduating from your church. Congratulations!!!

hi d kathryn - hope your dh has a lovely trip! yay on your work in the car! have a lovely afternoon too.

hi d nancy - yay on your laundry. yuck... a little gift for you from your d dog.
I am a big believer now that clutter is about indecisions and emotional issues of hurt and loss. It causes anxiety just having to make decisions. I am getting better at it each week that passes. I also am finding my anxiety and hurt about the stuff leaving when it goes. Facing is hard but doing one thing at a time seems to make me feel better. I love when I can do a whole bunch of decisions at once. 8-) :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
today I kind of needed to do the upstairs. worked in one bedroom dd youngers for about 20 minutes: putting away, vacuuming, dusting, changing the sheets (which are drying now - I have new sheets on). I wasn't able to bless this room on dusting day, or vacuuming day.

dd olders room - 35 minutes - changed sheets (now in dryer) I have been dusting that room every week and it still gets dirty, moved stuff and vacuumed, dusted well, opened windows, moved things on her desk and wiped well underneath. cleaned her night stand well. All her dirty wash was already in the basket. tossed some garbage.

our bedroom: dusted, vacuumed, (bc I missed it during the week with d dog sick), hung up laundry, put away was minimal, cleaned surfaces of master bathroom, middle upstairs bathroom, tossed garbage from upstairs. Each week it gets easier. Our sheets don't need doing until next week.

dark load in laundry machine

did a clutter check in family room

I would love to work outside but d dog older is shaking outside - maybe bc it is so cold today.

go look at my journal.

wishing you all a good after noon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Just spent 15 minutes transposing info from a notebook to my computer. (used timer) Amazing what one can accomplish in 15 minutes. I'm now through the "M's". Started with "A". Wow, almost through the book. I want to set the timer in a bit for 45 and work on scanning. Have a lot of that to do and dearly want to finish it before heading home in 2 weeks. Also got the dishes done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 pm

yay d dee!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I have had a productive morning doing AM routines, met with my OA sponsor and did a couple hours of homeschool. Then I took 4 hours just for myself. Grieving, worrying and generally being overwhelmed were crippling me and made me unable to be focused. With DH support and encouragement, I went into our bedroom and shut the door. I needed some time alone!!! DH graciously volunteered to take care of DS9 and DGD6 while guarding our bedroom door to ensure I was left alone. I spent my alone time listening to a couple of sermons and doing some planning. It was just what I needed. I am feeling almost back to my normal self.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:38 pm

I am glad you took time for yourself d lady! hope you feel more yourself in a bit! lots of love to you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 11, 2018 3:39 pm

I worked on the computer for an hour on the sermon. I've been carrying a printout of the draft with me, making handwritten notes and I wanted to pull it all together. It is still missing something which means I have an unresolved thread that needs removal or tying up. I can't figure out which.

I'm going to spend 20 minutes on the prayers and then get ready to go to the airport. I'll be waiting in the cell-phone lot so will just dump everything in the car here and then put it away properly while waiting for dh to get through immigration.

I'll try and get a couple of other things off my list before I go. I'm getting through it but have left all the packing for tomorrow along with two major to-dos.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:41 pm

flipped more laundry and did a put away of laundry
purse cleaned
dh has my car

dh washed the towels and I put them in the dryer and he did fold and put away. Well done dh!
made myself some decaf coffee
and I finally broke down and put heat on. it is 46 degrees outside and rainy. feels cold.

hi d kathryn! hope you enjoy your time out today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm

I've had a productive streak but it didn't start until I went to get hair cut and colored at 11:30ish. Hairstylist has not delivered - she is 38 weeks pregnancy. I felt bad for her still on her feet but she said she would be more miserable at home not doing anything. Afterward I got lunch at a subway, then visited dmom. She was doing well. Mostly confused talk but a little lucid talk too.

I went by Target and did a little look around and also picked up new coffee maker that I ordered online yesterday. So that's taken care of, and then I rushed home so I could look up info and call about getting dumpster at Mother's house picked up on Monday.

The rest of the stuff on my a.m. list:
pay two bills, get ready to mail
proof and email research report to recipient
cut up rest of rotisserie chicken from bones and put in the freezer

OTOH, perhaps a short rest is in order? Dh will be home around 10:30 tonight and I have to pick him up at airport.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Another day I've gotten next to nothing done.

The sewing stuff all out is bothering me. One room all cluttered up and I had been using dining room table also.

This morning all used up waiting for DH. He got up to a blown tire, fairly new one on his pickup and called me from WM where they were putting another one but couldn't get it done for 2 1/2 hours. Geese. So I picked him up and he said he needed to get tools from another place 2 exits up the interstate. He decided to go to other job instead and would borrow another guy's 2 hand-tools he needed. So we went there and waited for the other guy. Waited and waited and waited. Finally he showed up...but by the time I brought him back to WM and got home it was 11:30 and I hadn't even had breakfast.

I need to start having some successful days around here. This is becoming a bad pattern.

In an effort to clean up all my sewing stuff I worked on quilt and I've got 1/2 the top done. Another hour or so I'll be done. Had to take a break. I wouldn't take the time for this now but it is bothering me and I just need to get past it.

No more big projects like this for me. I don't have the time or patience.

(LadyM)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm

you are just busy d harmony... it will work out! Sorry your dh had a blown tire! I also stopped doing big projects - little steps at a time for them now. I used to sew and sew for days at a time and I loved it! My house didn't and neither did my family but I loved the creativity - so much joy in it.

Hope your d hair stylist has her baby soon so she can be comfortable again! Glad she is having the baby before the heat of the summer!
Saying my prayers for her for an easy delivery and a sweet healthy baby!
Glad your d mom is doing well today d twins.
enjoy a rest for yourself - you deserve it.

Return to “Post When You Can”