WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: WTF (that's Worst Things First!) Saturday

Postby Harmony » Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Hello everybody! W T First...it's all worst thing. Everything here needs done. I am working.

Kathryn, I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like vertigo to me.

I can't tell you how nice it is to come here and read your comments. It validates my thoughts about my life being somewhat disjointed and random. I really have no one to share these feelings with. DD's both have difficulties in their own lives and really, doesn't everybody have some sort of merry-go-round going on in their lives?

Having a grey day here. Supposed to rain off and on for the coming week but so far just clouds.

I finished this batch of sewing at 1:00 am this morning. Whew! I have cleaned up all that odds and ends but left the sewing machine opened up and some of the notions out. I have a stack of mending to do next. All this stuff has been piled in the walk in closet I'm itching to organize.

Watching the Love Comes So ftly series on H Mark. I always try to watch it when it is on. I am making progress slow. But nice.

So far:
took extra leaf out of dining room table (been there since Thanksgiving :roll: ) with DH's help. Put that away and got tablecloth on and decoration in the middle.

A whole lot of PUPA. Stuff was everywhere.
Dailies and planter watered. My bush out there is dying. :cry:
Iron & ironing board put away. Set up meds and vitamins for next 2 weeks.

Doesn't sound like much but I've been busy all morning. Next round up.

DSiL was in town to see his mother this weekend. DD sent along a gift. Lovely. My house was a wreck. But that's ok. I think he sorta holds me up as the standard DD should be doing and she works very hard and has little time...so it's ok to see this is how we really live!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:27 pm

hello d harmony yes I agree everyone has merry go rounds.

there is no doubt - life is random - I think the seasons - the sun- for us is our earthly routines and we come to find peace with that. We get used to things when everything is steady but there will always be the mountains and valleys! I am glad we can all share everything here!
No ones life (no matter how perfect it looks on the outside) is ever easy or consistently good.
I will be praying for your dd's! and I am so happy that you had sewing time d harmony
Yay on your dining room work too!

lol on people coming over to see how "we really live".

hi d twins how fun is that! your rabbi will have a wonderful time! what a thoughtful gift!

hi d nancy - your hens should be grateful! Happy day to you.

My timer is working again! dh is a marvel.
did gardening for an hour + (mostly weeding) and had d old dog outside with me and d younger dog.
played ball with younger dog
watered all the plants (it's a really gray day today and chilly)
swept outside

did a round robin 15 in the garage (tossed, swept, and cleaned dh's work bench - wiping down) dh always gets nervous when I am in the garage - but he hasn't noticed how slowly his garage is getting clean. He even made a couple decisions. I never toss his stuff with out asking.
made zero point soup

dh mowed the inside yard - he has been seeing how hard it has been to do things and he is helping out - very sweet.

take care all. I am tempted to work outside again but that is my obsessive thinking.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 12, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:59 pm

computer became my rabbit hole ;)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Home from having an outing with DH. It was very enjoyable. We held hands and acted as if we were on a date. :) Although our stops had nothing romantic or date like to them.
** Tag office. Bought tag & paid the excise tax on the new-to-us vehicle. I also bought my fishing license for the year and DH got his hunting & fishing license.
** HDepot - bought 2 LED ceiling lights for the garage. One of the garage lights has been acting up for months but we have ignored it while DH was recovering from multiple surgeries. Now that DH is recovered & healthy, he can install the new lights.
** Picked up 30 flowers for the children to give to their Mom's tomorrow at Children Church. I will repot them later today and then children can decorate the flower pots tomorrow.
** Picked up 2 huge flower pot arraignments to give to our DMom's.
** Picked up 6 banana pepper plants. I love to eat those fresh from the garden.
** Ate lunch at our favorite drive-in. I had grilled chicken with a large green salad. It was excellent!
** Delivered DMom's flowers to her on our way home. She was thrilled with it. DH will take the other pot to his DMom later today or tomorrow.
** I used Office Lens app to scan in all the papers we received today. They are now filed in OneNote and easily found by doing a search.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 12, 2018 2:46 pm

This round:

Changed sheets on bed. Washed them and hung up.
Folded 2 LOL.
Cleaned out refrigerator. Cut up honeydew melon. Yum!
PUPA bedroom.

Sheesh! That's all? Slow going here.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Only 'rounds' I've really done are 2 of scanning. I think I'm down to about 2 1/2" or so to go. I am so happy to finally have a computer that works right for everything I'm doing. :D

Tummy is 'off' today for some reason. I barely slept last night -was awake from 12:30-6:30. Slept out in the living room till about 8:20 & got up for a potty break. Was going to stay up, but realized I just couldn't and went back to bed for about 50 minutes. Then got up and felt pretty good. Just not a lot of energy at this point -glad this isn't the week we're headed home.

DD has gone to take her MIL shopping. She was hoping not to be gone much more than 3 hours but she's well past that already. She's glad to have it out of the way today though.

Think I'll take another break and then maybe transfer some data that I need to do.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:02 pm

nothing better than a warm shower after working in the yard on a cold day. 8-) :D
swish and swiped upstairs bathrooms
hung up and put away a load of laundry
put another load in the dryer and a dark load in the washer - the darks, for some reason, filled the centre hamper and needed to be washed again this week.

glad I weeded this morning as it is supposed to rain any minute.

dogg is breathing heavy but is happy. ;) keeping as positive as I can.

here comes the thunder!

I want to do paperwork but I don't know if d dog will sit still enough. I had hoped she would sleep. I think she has to use the bathroom but overtime we go out side - nothing happens for her. She likes to see me moving around :shock: :shock: and then she sleeps
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 12, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 pm

hi d dee - yay on your scanning! glad you woke up feeling a little more rested especially after not getting enough sleep last night.

d harmony - yay on getting those sheets cleaned! and getting 2 lol done! look at you! well done on all your work! that is a lot even though you feel like it is going slow!

hi d lady. welcome home. so sweet about holding hands great work on getting those things done today!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat May 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello everyone. The weather is overcast here today. We are forecast to have rain and thunderstorms most of the week. We really do need the rain; maybe this is the beginning of our rainy season!

It has been almost a week since I last posted, but although I've tried to keep up, I 'm sure there is a lot I have missed. I will read back a little at a time.

For many years I had mostly stayed on the same schedule for my weekly heavy cleaning, done on Saturdays. I thought it would be nice to have two light days together, so I've moved my cleaning days to Thursday and Friday. I used to do it all on one day, but as I've aged I find I need two days. It worked out well this week. What also helped is that we had no set scheduled appointments. Dh and I are lucky to have a fairly laid back lifestyle. It is just the two of us; no full-time (or part-time) jobs, no children to care for or even baby sitting jobs...all our dgrandkids are now old enough to be home by themselves. This leaves us free to be on a relaxed schedule.

I really admire you all here who are still raising children or have full time jobs still and are so busy. In fact, everyone here seems to be so much busier that dh and I are. I enjoyed the time when we were younger and our dsons were still in school. Dh and I both had full time jobs and the boys were all in sports programs and scouting. (We were in scouting for a total of 17 years and they are all Eagle Scouts). I would do it all again.

The only extra thing I have done today, besides the 3 Ds is to pay some bills.

Harmony, I am sorry you have had such a hard, troublesome week(s). I understand how tired and frustrated you must be. Hope your blood tests are good.

Thinking also of Harriet and dd's move. Hope you are all getting settled in again.

(((Blessed & ddog))).

(this has been sitting here too long...I will be back )
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:43 pm

hello d sunny!
Good for you on moving to 2 days. I had to spread it out as well :D so happy you have a relaxed lifestyle!!! Happy for you!

I was thinking of d harriet and her dd as well!

Return to “Post When You Can”